Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is incredibly disingenuous. It is much more expensive in terms of net energy required. So the energy needed to produce fertiliser (or whatever) must be significantly cheaper. You can’t beat the laws of thermodynamics.
Prove it is much more expensive and will remain so as new technologies are utilised.

Everything you say always relys on your incorrect assumption the movement to renewables will make it more expensive.

Prove it is much more expensive and will remain so as new technologies are utilised.

Everything you say always relys on your incorrect assumption the movement to renewables will make it more expensive.
If it wasn’t more expensive, why isn’t it the main method for producing fertiliser?

If it wasn’t more expensive, why isn’t it the main method?l for producing fertiliser?
What happens, and this may surprise you.

People change they way they do things, that could be driven by numerous reasons that doesn't make it more expensive

So prove it. Really you've got two things to prove

1. Fertiliser will become more expensive if we don't make it they way we make it now and,

2. Addressing climate change means we have to accept a fall in living standards.

I'll give you a few months.

1. Fertiliser will become more expensive if we don't do it they way we make it now and,
I already did, it takes more energy to produce it using green hydrogen. Unless you can show that energy itself is much cheaper then it follows that it would be much more expensive.

I already did, it takes more energy to produce it using green hydrogen. Unless you can show that energy itself is much cheaper then it follows that it would be much more expensive.
It's gone up because fossil fuels prices have gone up.

I'd you are going to tell a story at least get it right.

Prove what? Converting water to hydrogen via electrolysis is a massive energy cost. This is well known. Can’t be done cheaper than steam reforming methane in terms of energy.
No that doing it without fossil fuels will make it more expensive.
Progress to what? Defying the laws of physics?
Away from fossil fuels, it's pretty simple. You think moving away from fossil fuels will make fertiliser more expensive and starve millions.

So prove it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Away from fossil fuels, it's pretty simple. You think moving away from fossil fuels will make fertiliser more expensive and starve millions.

So prove it.
No. Prove me wrong.

So prove it.
Unfortunately Cheese boy is largely right, you simply cant compete with fossil fuels on price, 100's of millions of years of stored solar energy in an easily accessible form, may well be the most valuable thing in the solar system.

Renewable energy/electric cars/hydrogen economy etc only works with a rapid de growth of the economy(lower living standards) and rapid depopulation(one child policy, discouraging natalism, assisted suicide). These policies are unpalatable and wont be introduced in a democracy, within an authoritarian situation the multipolar traps of your competitors prevent you as well.

So short of a global eco stalin, we just keep burning until the biosphere collapses. I'm sure the very wealthy will continue to hoard until their bunker eventually crumbles. Climate change is really just a symptom and without tackling overshoot in totality most of these actions are thin wristed.

Unfortunately Cheese boy is largely right, you simply cant compete with fossil fuels on price, 100's of millions of years of stored solar energy in an easily accessible form, may well be the most valuable thing in the solar system.

Renewable energy/electric cars/hydrogen economy etc only works with a rapid de growth of the economy(lower living standards) and rapid depopulation(one child policy, discouraging natalism, assisted suicide). These policies are unpalatable and wont be introduced in a democracy, within an authoritarian situation the multipolar traps of your competitors prevent you as well.

So short of a global eco stalin, we just keep burning until the biosphere collapses. I'm sure the very wealthy will continue to hoard until their bunker eventually crumbles. Climate change is really just a symptom and without tackling overshoot in totality most of these actions are thin wristed.
Using big words doesn't hide the utter lack of content in this post.

Last edited:
It’s not a stupid claim. It’s the correct claim. That’s why Exxon have made their claim. Anyone who knows anything about energy economics knows what I know. Maybe you’re just poorly educated?
Keep running mate.

Maybe quit making big claims about stuff you have no idea about.

Stick to attacking marginalised communities, it's your strong point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back