2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
(couldn't see a thread on this anywhere, feel free to merge if needed)

Final round of matches upon us, and what an amazing table the private league (ranked top 2000) I'm in. Even 4th could go out of top 8 if they lose the last round.

4th 10-6 104.4% Playing 14th

5th 10-6 101.2% Playing 17th
6th 9-7 103.27% Playing 15th
7th 9-7 103.23% Playing 8th
8th 9-7 103.22% Playing 7th

9th 9-7 101.6% Playing 13th
(me) 10th 9-7 101.3% Playing 3rd
11th 9-7 100.0% Playing 18th
12th 8-8 99.9% Playing 16th

Also 1st playing 2nd, winner takes minor premiership.

I'm screwed. Even if I win, passing the loser of 7th and 8th, will need one of 5th, 6th or 9th to lose and need 11th to not thrash 18th (who averages only 1500 per round) ....
Then again, 7th and 8th could draw, therefore I overtake both of them!

Two years ago I won 4 out of 5 leagues, ended up 10th in the other & got knocked out of first week of Losers Cup!

I was in some crappy leagues that year though.

A league i'm in this year. How about that log jam fight for spots in the 8, much like the OP.

58b7703c882270dcea95ecadf5e72625.png

A league i'm in this year. How about that log jam fight for spots in the 8, much like the OP.

58b7703c882270dcea95ecadf5e72625.png
Im sitting in 10th for my cash league:
u8epyhud.jpg

Nearly same percantage and bloke above me (3 decimal places he is infront)

Last round fixture has some awesome match ups for the final 8.
7th Vs 10th (me)
8th Vs 11th
9th Vs 13th

There is a battle for the double chance in one of my leagues:

3rd, 4th and 5th have the same record but are separated by percentage.

3rd plays 6th this week. 6th has been on a roll and could very well knock 3rd off.
5th plays 18th and barring a massive blackout will probably win.

So, if 6th continues its roll, 3rd drops out of the 4 and 5th will move in.

The wheels are falling in my cashie won 2 of the last 5 sitting 3rd.I lost to the missues at least someone was happy that jobe getting subbed 4 weeks back:rolleyes:(b!tch lol).This week if i lose i will drop down town maybe 5-6th and yuup I''m playing the missues old man her ala her second side that i half build.No family roast this sunday if i lose which prob will happen those 2 are out to get me i know it:eek:.

League ranked about 200th. Until last week, there was 4 points separating the Top 9. This week is the top 8, with 9th and 10th a win behind. It is still possible for 7th to finish 1st. Mathematically possible (ie no chance) for 8th to make first, but their percentage is quite low.

A few years ago i won every league game in a mates league i was in and proceded to exit the finals in straight sets. lol.
In 2007 I won every match for the year and lost a grand final with a monster score.

In 2007 I won every match for the year and lost a grand final with a monster score.

Conversely, I won every game for the year, and won my grand final with a score of about 1950 :D:oops:

A few years ago i won every league game in a mates league i was in and proceded to exit the finals in straight sets. lol.
Same here. Last year I was 16-0 in my cash league and bombed out in str8 sets. Limped into finals with NRoo, Stanton and a few other premos all out with zero cover.

I'm 13-3 this year and will finish top again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2years ago i snuck into finals ended up 7th of 8th and won the GF thanks to moloney and boomer knocked up over 300 between them.I went to the pub for tea thinking nah I'm flowered (l'll lose for sure) then seen boomers dreamteam score on the big screen at the pub after the match thought i might a show here.Drove home (fast) and bang won bye stuff all less than 10 i think.

1 game separates 2nd to 14th in one of my cashies!

Had a guy finish 11th in our league few years ago that was top 30 overall players. Was a top 10 league though

Clearly he was gunning for the overall prize.

Would still imagine someone scoring that highly regularly would get in the 8

its no guarantee - 3rd overall on points in a league, top 12 spots only 2 games between them, needless to say I'm beautifully placed in 13th - 2 games outta the 8

Here is our league ladder after the final home & away round

Here is the ladder in total points after final home & away round

Have to say I am feeling very stiff atm. Scored the most points in the home & away games, yet missed finals by .04%.

C-Money was second in total points, and finished 10th - so strange ladder indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back