News Club to launch external review of football department!

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree 110%

Sacking the coach at the start of a review would be levels of stupid not even the Carlton Football Club could think up

Well unless of course the review has already exposed that Teague is one of the major problems. Then the sooner he is moved on the better I would have thought. Not saying this is the case, but just that that is possible.

Well unless of course the review has already exposed that Teague is one of the major problems. Then the sooner he is moved on the better I would have thought. Not saying this is the case, but just that that is possible.
Pavlich hasn't even stepped foot into Ikon Park

Also see Weitering saying that coaches like Clarko have instilled this team defence, not one that is based off 1 on 1 defence by the back six. That surely comes down to the head coach. Teague's game plan of sending an extra up to stoppages and letting his defenders fend by themselves 1 on 1 evidently hasn't worked.

Speculating between the lines, but..

Teague was basically appointed by senior players. Those senior players are largely gone or being phased out, with players drafted from 2015 taking ownership of the team. There's an implicit criticism of DT's philosophy in what Weitering is saying - could this speak to a gap between the old guard and the new? This is not a united team or football club - the external panel's report can't come soon enough.

A Carlton supporting ZeroHanger journo on a Blue abroad video said t review hasn't started yet, and believes it won't start for another 2 weeks, and take anywhere up to 6 to 8 weeks to complete. If so the club have spun their way through this and deluded us all.

A Carlton supporting ZeroHanger journo on a Blue abroad video said t review hasn't started yet, and believes it won't start for another 2 weeks, and take anywhere up to 6 to 8 weeks to complete. If so the club have spun their way through this and deluded us all.

How have they deluded us, given what you have highlighted as the timeframe of the review?

Don’t think the club has done any spinning about when the Review will occur. All that’s been said is they’ll have a review and have now put together the review panel.

If it’s going to be a proper review it’ll take sometime. Wouldn’t expect any outcome until after the season finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

would much rather they take their time and do it thoroughly than spend a week rushing a few things together that in the end is s shallow review/analysis and means SFA.

What do you actually expect? Genuinely, when did you think the review would be completed?

There's been travel restrictions and this is meant to be review of the entire football department. That's gonna take time.

Speculating between the lines, but..

Teague was basically appointed by senior players. Those senior players are largely gone or being phased out, with players drafted from 2015 taking ownership of the team. There's an implicit criticism of DT's philosophy in what Weitering is saying - could this speak to a gap between the old guard and the new? This is not a united team or football club - the external panel's report can't come soon enough.

Nick Riewoldt made a good point that the young players need to take charge. Regardless of whether the older players are on board or not, I agree with Nick. They're the ones who are excelling (Weitering, Walsh, McKay), not the older crew (Cripps, Murphy, Docherty, Williams, Saad).

At the end of the day though the bucks stops with the coach, he is the one who needs to pull the thing together and right now it is falling apart. And I suspect it all comes down to his game plan which is not based on defence and not based on modern defence.

Pavlich said he likely won'tr, he will do his work via Zoom.
And he also said they haven't even worked out who they are going to speak with yet and when.

This review will take its time and needs to be fully complete before any decisions are made. They'll be lucky to have spoken to 50% of the people within the footy department by round 20

I see Williams getting slammed On The Couch, J.Brown saying they had heaps of footage showing how lazy/unfit Williams is. Surely LLoyd needs to take responsibilitiy for this, presiding over the decision to bring Williams to the club on big coin.
Lloyd should be packing his bags for a number of reasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds about right to me. I’d be worried if they were rushing their way through it. Not sure how the club has “deluded us all”.

Are you ashamed of being a Blues supporter?

I'm more than happy to continue slagging those feral pond scum drinkers, regardless of how my club is going on the field.

:thumbsu:
Absolutely not.

But I'm not sure how you can call em ninth-mond, after three flags, with a straight face.

We can dream of being ninth right now.

Last edited:
where and for how long do I self-isolate my shame as a blues supporter once the review findings are publicized?

scale;

I see Williams getting slammed On The Couch, J.Brown saying they had heaps of footage showing how lazy/unfit Williams is. Surely LLoyd needs to take responsibilitiy for this, presiding over the decision to bring Williams to the club on big coin.
Yes and the same goes for the other big money contracts (Gov and Martin) that he ticked off on.
Brad also recommended Teague’s appointment to the board, along with MLG and Liddle, in 2019.
And worst of all Brad didn’t change over even one assistant at the end of 2020 when it was obvious to all that change was needed. Meanwhile Melbourne bring in Choco and Yze, Sydney bring in Pyke and even GC bring in Rhyce Shaw who is well respected for developing youth.
Review must certainly take a good hard look at his position.

Absolutely not.

But I'm not sure how you can call em ninth-mond, after three flags, with a straight face.

We can it dream of being ninth right now.
If you had spent as much time as I did on the ASADA, WADA, and Drugs in Sport forum last decade, being schooled in the dark arts by various posters, then maybe you would be as cynical as I am about that team's "amazing" transformation.

Ninth-mond is the least offensive pejorative they deserve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back