News Club to launch external review of football department!

Remove this Banner Ad

thanks for answering 👍🏻

to paraphrase your first point : I dont find an aversion to sacking coaches - while understandable - a valid reason for not doing so.

I don’t for a second believe the root of all woes is one person but at the same time he’s thereto do a job and I can’t for the life of me see how he’s doing it to an acceptable standard.
Not at the bottom of the ladder and not getting smashed every week on the scoreboard (in fact
we're getting roughly the same shots on goal).

There's a lot of little things going wrong and not all of them are within his control.

Keep Teague. Bring in a couple senior assistants.
And if it doesnt work in 2022, what are we going to do... have another review? Sack the coach with more turmoil.

Time is now. Teague hasnt fixed the goal run ons, and the players are all over the shop onfield.

Where is the intent. The intensity. The tackling. None of it requires skill, all of it requires buy in and belief in each other. Thats on the coach to motivate. They just had the bye, renergise, reset... coughed up one of the worst performances of the year. Says it all.

You can be as emotionally invested as you want into not sacking another coach, but lets face it, why are we so invested in him.

He is not the bloke for mine. Wish he was, but sadly he is not.

Tell me Pablito if they went teague with assistants in 22, would you be happy to see his contract extended to give him clear air and avoid scrutiny from r1!?

Club cant sit on the fence. Back him, or sack him.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wonder what the review will say about Nick Austin. Two big recruits last year are looking worse by the minute.
Bringing Saad for big money and pick 8 which is way overs.
As well as bringing in Zac Williams for 6 years on big money for a lazy half back flanker.
it’s like the club did no research on both players.
They also got rid of all key position and ruck depth. With out bringing in anyone at the time.

I wonder what the review will say about Nick Austin. Two big recruits last year are looking worse by the minute.
Bringing Saad for big money and pick 8 which is way overs.
As well as bringing in Zac Williams for 6 years on big money for a lazy half back flanker.
it’s like the club did no research on both players.
They also got rid of all key position and ruck depth. With out bringing in anyone at the time.

Hind was probably one of the recruits of the year. But CFC recruitment can't do anything that prudent.

We spend way overs for these two. Unfortunately the club was buying into all the hype and boarded the bullet train with all the slavering supporters, all whipped into an expected success frenzy largely driven by the media.

If the team continued building from '20 as expected then these two might've added more value and impact - but still not to the amount they had thrown at them, which by the way is not their fault, it's the fault of the useless morons at CFC - but because of a variety of factors (coaching ineptness primarily) then their value and output is going to be way more heavily scrutinized because the club, media, supporters are looking for all the reasons why it's falling apart.

If the club continued to rise from last year then perhaps their recruitment would be seen more favourably right now instead of all the ridicule , and we the supporters would forget about the huge $$$ they've wasted along with the other duds from the previous 2-3 years.

It's all starting to come crashing down. Hopefully the review is the real deal and not just lip-service.
Genuine reset and cleanout is desperately needed.
Get ready for rebuild V2.1 led by Lyon, Buckley, Clarkson, Williams or Scott, with more pain for another 2-3 years. :(

I think our club needs an experienced footy head/senior coach to sort things out in the footy department and get players to train and play with a high level of discipline.

Teague is nowhere near the mark. Players don’t take him seriously based on what they’ve dishing out most weeks this year and in particular in last weeks crap performance.

I think our club needs an experienced footy head/senior coach to sort things out in the footy department and get players to train and play with a high level of discipline.

Teague is nowhere near the mark. Players don’t take him seriously based on what they’ve dishing out most weeks this year and in particular in last weeks crap performance.
I've come around to this opinion. Sadly.

Maybe you need to go back to the hawks loss last year when we up by 5 goals in rd 10 and see what happened after that to now

and see if that doesn’t change your mind

Cherry picking one game from last year, where we also beat the Dogs, Cats and took Port to the line is a poor example

Based on our performances this year would be more reasonable to determine Teague is struggling

Cherry picking one game from last year, where we also beat the Dogs, Cats and took Port to the line is a poor example

Based on our performances this year would be more reasonable to determine Teague is struggling

I think the point was since that Hawthorn game?
Our good performances against Cats, Dogs, Port were all before then.

We were inconsistent last year, losing to sides we shouldn't have, surprising some better sides, but at least you could say that our best could compete with any side, if we could address some shortfalls

Now this year we have won, but still struggled against lower sides and apart from the Dogs game, never looked like beating the better sides, but i/we know the reasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing we don’t need a review to tell us is we are rudderless and desperately need genuine football leadership.

In the spirit of Barassi - and even Hodge more recently for Brisbane - we should headhunt Cotchin to cross to Carlton and captain the squad for a year or two.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not if the other half AKA Karen from Essendon comes with him...

We were inconsistent last year, losing to sides we shouldn't have, surprising some better sides, but at least you could say that our best could compete with any side, if we could address some shortfalls

Now this year we have won, but still struggled against lower sides and apart from the Dogs game, never looked like beating the better sides, but i/we know the reasons

Yeah, but our better performances last year were in the first 8 rounds.
In the last 9 rounds, we had 3 wins (Freo after the siren, Swans by 5 points, Gold Coast), 4 shocking losses, and 2 reasonable losses against good sides.

We're 7-15 in our last 22. You could certainly look at that Hawthorn game as a turning point in terms of our performances under Teague.

We haven't played the Cats in 2021. Port toyed with us like flat track bullies tend to do. We have worried the Dogs for the past three seasons, probably because they are not a physical team which suits us to the ground.

In the last 9 rounds, we had 3 wins (Freo after the siren, Swans by 5 points, Gold Coast), 4 shocking losses, and 2 reasonable losses against good sides.

We're 7-15 in our last 22. You could certainly look at that Hawthorn game as a turning point in terms of our performances under Teague.

I don't see the Hawks game last year as the turning point to what we have put out this year.

This year, Teague once again ramped up the attacking nature of the gameplan, further ignoring defensive structure. That post/preseason desicion was the turning point this year, as it it was from 2019 to 2020

Yep.

10 and 9 under Teague until that game.

7 and 15 since (including that loss).

Someone else identified the turning point as when we left the QLD hub - team performance from that point was arguably bottom 4 in the comp

It is on win/loss.

Only North GC and Hawthorn have won less games since then.

We have gone from a side that was 10-9 under Teague to that point (which is finals bound win/loss rate) to the 4th worst side in the full season (22 games) since.

I don't see the Hawks game last year as the turning point to what we have put out this year.

This year, Teague once again ramped up the attacking nature of the gameplan, further ignoring defensive structure. That post/preseason desicion was the turning point this year, as it it was from 2019 to 2020

I guess turning point not so much in game style, but certainly in terms of competitiveness and results. We'd played good footy before then, and very little since. However the Pies loss a few weeks later was very much in the same way that we're losing this year, especially around the contest.

Which was why I was so despondent after round 2, because the way we were losing in the second half of last year clearly wasn't addressed over the pre-season.

Someone else identified the turning point as when we left the QLD hub - team performance from that point was arguably bottom 4 in the comp

It's an interesting take.
That Hawthorn game was our first in WA, we had a bye (9 day break), then lost to the Eagles which was fair, beat the Dockers after the siren in a terrible game, and then had a frustrating but dominant win in Darwin against Gold Coast.

It was when we went back into Queensland that we went really bad.

I guess turning point not so much in game style, but certainly in terms of competitiveness and results. We'd played good footy before then, and very little since. However the Pies loss a few weeks later was very much in the same way that we're losing this year, especially around the contest.

Which was why I was so despondent after round 2, because the way we were losing in the second half of last year clearly wasn't addressed over the pre-season.
we get smashed on the spread, players don't run. Clubs have worked this out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back