Coffee places

I should ask one of the nearby coffee shops how many people still order 'normal' stuff these days. By normal I mean flat white, cappuccino, long black etc. just made as it comes.

Does seem like every second person wants almond milk or soy milk and a long mac topped up or an extra large skinny flat white extra hot with 7 sugars etc. You probably stand out if you just order a flat white and a ham and cheese toastie. But the gluten? And the dairy? And the meat???

Just doesn't seem right. Even in Perth when it's hot and dry I don't really feel like a coffee. Maybe next time I'm up North and it's high 30s and humid I'll give it a go.

In Moscow they sell ice cream from street stalls when it's minus 20%. There's something weirdly wonderful about eating ice cream when it's that cold.

best thing I ever bought was my Italian designed and made re-useable coffee pods, WAYCAP
https://www.compatible-capsules.com/

when i find a coffee type I like from a café somewhere, I buy their beans, 200g or thereabouts and then make it myself for a few weeks. rinse repeat at other cafes. saving me so much $$$.

Fully addicted to 7/11 $2 cappuccinos. I reckon about half my coffee consumption comes from these economical, reasonably tasty but obvious budget brews.

At what age (if any) is it acceptable to let children drink coffee?

I don't want links to some government website.

I want your opinion.

That's an interesting question. Development wise I have no idea how young is too young, I'm guessing primary school age or younger.

Socially I would've thought maybe 14/15 or older? When I was at school no one drank coffee, it just wasn't a thing. Now year 9 kids are all "OMG I like totally neeeeeed my coffee RN'. STFU, you're 13. You need to play Goldeneye 64 like 13 year olds are supposed to.

Back