Coffee

Remove this Banner Ad

I love my aeropress - I bought a second one for the office after enjoying my press at home so much.

Can echo the sentiments above about the roast. Medium (or even light) roasts work well in them, dark roasts less-so.
Is it worth buying an aeropress and milk frother seperate to make flat whites at home and have it similar to cafe quality? I don’t drink straight espresso’s.

Is it worth buying an aeropress and milk frother seperate to make flat whites at home and have it similar to cafe quality? I don’t drink straight espresso’s.
You won't get a flat white from an aeropress. It doesn't produce espresso based coffees well.

What’s your budget? Get a breville dual boiler price matched to $1000 from your nearest retailer.

I know that I harp on about this machine and I have nothing to do with breville. It’s literally the best bang for Buck machine on the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was hoping to only spend 500ish, knowing that I'll drop 1.5-2 when I get a semi-auto.

Haven’t bit the bullet on a machine yet.. a local cafe around the corner from me is selling aero presses in the shop for $50. If I want to make a basic coffee at home is it a good investment? Or is it gonna taste no different to moccona coffee in a cup with hot water and milk?

If you're going to go an actual espresso machine (e.g. Bamino Plus, linked to above), it'll absolutely s**t all over instant coffee. You'll get cafe quality coffee with no skill, and in the time it takes to boil the kettle.

I sound like a *in sales rep with the last 2 posts lol, but I can't stress how good the machine is.

If you're going to go an actual espresso machine (e.g. Bamino Plus, linked to above), it'll absolutely sh*t all over instant coffee. You'll get cafe quality coffee with no skill, and in the time it takes to boil the kettle.

I sound like a fu**in sales rep with the last 2 posts lol, but I can't stress how good the machine is.
I saw your post and just checked marketplace and there’s a brand new one in box for $250. Have enquired. Will need a grinder too though.

I saw your post and just checked marketplace and there’s a brand new one in box for $250. Have enquired. Will need a grinder too though.

I have the Breville Smart grinder, but there's cheaper out there. Or you could just buy coffee grounds.

Patiently waiting for my Gaggia to be delivered.
Going to grab the springs to mod it to 9 bar and will save my dollars to buy the PID mod as well.

I have a v60 that I have used consistently for the last 6-7 years. It's cheap and makes the best cup of filter coffee in my opinion. There's a bit of technique to learn initially and finding the right balance for you can take some trial and error but for sure once I hit that sweet spot I have never found anything come close.
Also have a hario syphon that I will bust out on the weekend that is more aesthetically pleasing.

If you like your coffee super strong, I would avoid Nespresso/capsule coffee. I find that they make quite weak cups.
Not if you use 2 capsules, which I do.

My favourite capsule coffee is illy Forte espresso - 100% arabica

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not if you use 2 capsules, which I do.

My favourite capsule coffee is illy Forte espresso - 100% arabica

I bought a couple of nice 110ml ceramic cups, one shot with about 60ml of milk is fantastic. Obviously can be doubled easily enough for a bigger cup.

Coles sells Hunt & Brew plain milk (4.2% fat). It foams better than any cold milk I have ever used in the Nespresso milk jug.

Last edited:
I kind of wish i was able to get a coffee machine. But having a kettle does it for the time being.
I'm a bit old school and old fashioned.
I don't live in the land of luxury.

I kind of wish i was able to get a coffee machine. But having a kettle does it for the time being.

Great coffee is not a luxury my friend.

It is a basic human right.

Great coffee is not a luxury my friend.

It is a basic human right.
Having a coffee machine is a luxury mate.
Having a kettle that boils up water for you each morning is nothing.

Seriously if i wanted to get a coffee machine it would have to be a birthday wish because it's something i won't get for myself or for anyone else in the family because i don't have that sort of money lying around the place.

Having a coffee machine is a luxury mate.
Having a kettle that boils up water for you each morning is nothing.

Seriously if i wanted to get a coffee machine it would have to be a birthday wish because it's something i won't get for myself or for anyone else in the family because i don't have that sort of money lying around the place.

I was only joking buddy. I know a decent coffee machine is a luxury item. I was lucky enough to land a Nespresso machine because of a mate who works for them...and he was able to get me one at a big discount. I wouldn't have bought it at full freight and just enjoyed the fare at a local cafe occasionally.

Kettle, and $50 for an aeropress. You don't need to spend big $$$ for decent coffee

Kettle, and $50 for an aeropress. You don't need to spend big $$$ for decent coffee
Still too expensive for me.
I'm like my parents who are also old school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back