Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Says the guy with less premierships, spent 37 years at 9th and whose team is 9th historically over 122 years

Are you hanging on to memberships because your fans don't turn up and your club isn't good enough to be one of the powerhouses?

View attachment 721838
Lol you won 13 of your 15 premierships before 1958. Since 1958, you’re averaging one premiership every 30.5 years. Since 1958, we’re averaging one premiership every 10.16 years. See, I can cherry pick history too.

It must sting knowing that we’ve gone right past you as the biggest club in Victoria. Admittedly, you were once bigger than us, but we have dug deep and we are now a juggernaut on and off the field. It won’t be long until we comprehensively outnumber you in every single metric and you will be tasting our dust. The Richmond Football Club is unstoppable right now.

Lol you won 13 of your 15 premierships before 1958. Since 1958, you’re averaging one premiership every 30.5 years. Since 1958, we’re averaging one premiership every 10.16 years. See, I can cherry pick history too.

It must sting knowing that we’ve gone right past you as the biggest club in Victoria. Admittedly, you were once bigger than us, but we have dug deep and we are now a juggernaut on and off the field. It won’t be long until we comprehensively outnumber you in every single metric and you will be tasting our dust. The Richmond Football Club is unstoppable right now.
It doesn't matter what you say dopey, because I just counter with MORE PREMIERSHIPS...

if we are as bad as you say then you must be absolute minnows to be so far behind us!

Premiership cups.jpg

See how that works?

I notice that Collingwood has the bigger away crowds, so I would say that Collingwood may have a wider support base. However, within Victoria, the figures would suggest that Richmond has a greater fan concentration than Collingwood. I'm curious to know why that's the case.

Collingwood can't even draw 34,000 v.'s an interstate team.

I notice that Collingwood has the bigger away crowds, so I would say that Collingwood may have a wider support base. However, within Victoria, the figures would suggest that Richmond has a greater fan concentration than Collingwood. I'm curious to know why that's the case.
It's not Captain Blood's day anymore, crowds are nothing but a backdrop for telecasts and online content these days, there are far more Collingwood eyes watching football than any other clubs supporters no matter where concentrations lie... I've travelled the world and you only meet fellow Collingwood supporters, I thought it was just good luck the first dozen times

It won’t be long until we comprehensively outnumber you in every single metric and you will be tasting our dust.
So what metrics do you outnumber Collingwood on currently? Away crowds through to round 20 2019, and 2019 memberships?

I'll start with 3 where Collingwood are comfortably ahead:
1. Premierships
2. Percentage of games won (as mentioned earlier, you catch us if we lose our next 230 games and you win your next 230 games.) A fair bit of ground to make up there I suggest.
3. Total crowds in history.

See, when you're comfortably the biggest and the best, we don't need to cherry pick points in time...

Were you at our most recent match? It was about 75% Richmond supporters and 25% Collingwood. At full time 95% Richmond and 5% Collingwood. Most of your plebs had left early (including your president).

Piss weak club. Back to being irrelevant. Richmond and West Coast are the two biggest clubs in the land and will be fighting for the premiership.

View attachment 721806

Typical Richmond supporters overestimating their supporters to their games. Collingwood home game 50,000 Collingwood supporters. But like Richmond last year only drawing 32,000 v Brisbane with 10,000 lion fans.

Try drawing over 60,000 to against an interstate club in Melbourne like Collingwood did v west coast when 61,000 were in attendance. Have Richmond ever done this? No

In round 23 Collingwood will need 80,000 v Essendon to overtake Richmond for total home attendance’s. What will Richmond supporters say then when Collingwood ave more per home games!!! Or better yet when they break over 1.2 million for home and away attendance’s for the 6th time. Richmond are yet and will not this year break 1.2 million shows the difference in support by both clubs!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what metrics do you outnumber Collingwood on currently? Away crowds through to round 20 2019, and 2019 memberships?

I'll start with 3 where Collingwood are comfortably ahead:
1. Premierships
2. Percentage of games won (as mentioned earlier, you catch us if we lose our next 230 games and you win your next 230 games.) A fair bit of ground to make up there I suggest.
3. Total crowds in history.

See, when you're comfortably the biggest and the best, we don't need to cherry pick points in time...
Oh hi Vadgina,

I noticed you have retreated to this thread and left the contenders and pretenders thread where you were quite vocal once upon a time. It’s funny that it coincided with us belting you a couple of weeks ago. Glad we put our little brother back into their cave. The barren years are upon your mob. Zero hit wonders, which is why you’re clinging onto what happened in the 1920s LOL.

Typical Richmond supporters overestimating their supporters to their games. Collingwood home game 50,000 Collingwood supporters. But like Richmond last year only drawing 32,000 v Brisbane with 10,000 lion fans.

Try drawing over 60,000 to against an interstate club in Melbourne like Collingwood did v west coast when 61,000 were in attendance. Have Richmond ever done this? No
I don’t even read your posts. I actually waste valuable thumb energy scrolling past your slabs of pointless incoherent text. You’re an embarrassment.

Oh hi Vadgina,

I noticed you have retreated to this thread and left the contenders and pretenders thread where you were quite vocal once upon a time. It’s funny that it coincided with us belting you a couple of weeks ago. Glad we put our little brother back into their cave. The barren years are upon your mob. Zero hit wonders, which is why you’re clinging onto what happened in the 1920s LOL.
You do realise you were the absolute arsehats of the league for 37 years, we actually felt sorry for you when you all started making up your own Richmond jokes and spitting on your coaches

You were laughed at for decades, the absolute clowns of the league, you're like the classic lil guy that gets a rare win and thinks he's a big boy now :D

It doesn't matter what you say dopey, because I just counter with MORE PREMIERSHIPS...

if we are as bad as you say then you must be absolute minnows to be so far behind us!

View attachment 721854

See how that works?
LOL. Did you enjoy all those flags you won during the dinosaur era? I bet they were awesome. How old were you then, gramps?

LOL. Did you enjoy all those flags you won during the dinosaur era? I bet they were awesome. How old were you then, gramps?
Well lets see, my classic era was being at the very first AFL Grand Final, and imagine winning it? Oh wait, you can't, coz we did ;)

20120129_AFL_0007-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
You do realise you were the absolute arsehats of the league for 37 years, we actually felt sorry for you when you all started making up your own Richmond jokes and spitting on your coaches

You were laughed at for decades, the absolute clowns of the league :D
2017 must’ve hurt then. The laughs all stopped and now we’re a juggernaut. We’ll win the flag this year while your mob tumbles down the ladder once Grundy leaves for greener pastures and your old blokes cook it even harder than they already have.

Gotta laugh at all the Collingwood supporters who have retreated to this thread. They know their season was toast when we blitzed them so they’re all hiding in here lol. Don’t want to discuss the season anymore, fellas?

Says the guy with less premierships, spent 37 years at 9th and whose team is 9th historically over 122 years

Are you hanging on to memberships because your fans don't turn up and your club isn't good enough to be one of the powerhouses?

View attachment 721838

"Since 2000 Geelong has won the most games with 263, has the best success rate with 65 per cent ahead of Sydney with 243 wins and 60 per cent and Hawthorn 240 wins at 60 per cent"

"Since 2000 Geelong has won the most games with 263, has the best success rate with 65 per cent ahead of Sydney with 243 wins and 60 per cent and Hawthorn 240 wins at 60 per cent"
Well you let me know when any of them become relevant to the premiership ladder and we'll shake in our boots accordingly

You needed two attempts to win that flag lol.
No that was 2010, but we did draw to WC in a final in 1990 at Waverley before going on to beat one of the other powerhouses of the league

Here, enjoy the physics defying inverted banana that lifted us that day

Back