Collingwood players ban Robbo/Herald Sun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure.

S.75 of the Drug, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981 prohibits the use of a drug of dependence as defined in that Act.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/dpacsa1981422/s75.html

Drugs of dependence are defined as those listed thus in Schedule 11.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/dpacsa1981422/s4.html

Schedule 11 lists Cocaine in Column 1 of Part 3.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/dpacsa1981422/sch11.html

Happy?

Yes I am happy, carry on boss.

He wrote a story that up to 11 Collingwood players were on the gear. That comes as no surprise to anyone who's ever been out and about in the last couple of years. He says he tried to get numbers for other clubs and failed.

So what?

Seems to me the bigger issue is the players who think they're above the law. And they do.

The players agreed to the hair testing on the proviso that the results would remain confidential.

Robbo knew he was contravening that agreement but still reported the results, the numbers of which, remain unsubstantiated and in doing so, he has cast doubt and suspicion on other innocent players and inexplicably - seemingly - singled out one club.

But really, in the world of sports journalism/media, where questionable ethics and poorly researched articles are the norm, Robbo stands head and shoulders above the rest for sheer maggotry, muppetism and f*ckwittery.

And this is why Robbo can't have nice things.

The players agreed to the hair testing on the proviso that the results would remain confidential.

Robbo knew he was contravening that agreement but still reported the results, the numbers of which, remain unsubstantiated and in doing so, he has cast doubt and suspicion on other innocent players and inexplicably - seemingly - singled out one club.

But really, in the world of sports journalism/media, where questionable ethics and poorly researched articles are the norm, Robbo stands head and shoulders above the rest for sheer maggotry, muppetism and f*ckwittery.

Robbo can't contravene an agreement he is not party to.

Robbo's only duty is to his employer.

It's news. He reported it.

I think people should stop being so precious about reporters reporting inconvenient stories about their teams.

I think people should stop being so precious about reporters reporting inconvenient stories about their teams.

Fine. Then people should similarly stop being so precious about a reporter/media outlet being banned when an organisation feels like it has been wronged by them.

I applaud Collingwood for taking the action that it did. If more clubs did the same, maybe our journalists would feel some scrap of accountability for the garbage that they write/publish.

Which begs the question - how the F### does Robbo get to be the Herald Sun's Chief Football Writer? Did he win a competition? Does he have photos of Rupert with a hamster? Or something even more sinister (an Essendon-related plot? A right-wing psychological ploy to keep all football readers agitated?)

Every time I read one of his articles, two things happen:
- I feel 10 percent dumber for having read it.
- I wonder "how the F### does he get Robbo be the Herald Sun's Chief Football Writer?".

Ditto for his appearances on radio and Foxtel. Rinse and repeat.

could it be possibly be one of those "make a wish" gigs.

I'm not sure why they AFL even bother with hair testing in the off season. They should just ask "Where did you go in the off season". If they South America or Las Vegas or Florida then assume they are positive to Cocaine. If they said India then assume Cannabis, If they say London then assume MDMA........... That's my experience anyway :D

I'm not sure why they AFL even bother with hair testing in the off season. They should just ask "Where did you go in the off season". If they South America or Las Vegas or Florida then assume they are positive to Cocaine. If they said India then assume Cannabis, If they say London then assume MDMA........... That's my experience anyway :D

And if you've been to Clifton Hill you get the trifecta...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure.

S.75 of the Drug, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981 prohibits the use of a drug of dependence as defined in that Act.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/dpacsa1981422/s75.html

Drugs of dependence are defined as those listed thus in Schedule 11.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/dpacsa1981422/s4.html

Schedule 11 lists Cocaine in Column 1 of Part 3.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/dpacsa1981422/sch11.html

Happy?

Mate, how dare you go posting facts like that. Your anti-Collingwood bias is shocking.

Expect to be boycotted by the Pies playing group.

One week and eight pages of shooting the messenger,yet still 11 Pies players tested positive to illicit drugs over the off season.

Who would have thought all this whinging wouldn't have changed any facts? Weird.

Source?

Robbo?? lol

One week and eight pages of shooting the messenger,yet still 11 Pies players tested positive to illicit drugs over the off season.

Who would have thought all this whinging wouldn't have changed any facts? Weird.

Come in spinner- you are the HS perfect consumer. Facts my backside - not even the author knows if 11 players tested positive but apparently you do despite Robbo saying he doesn't know the number.

You should also try walking and chewing gum at the same time. You would then be able to understand that as a supporter it is possible to be angry with muppets taking drugs after two team mates have been suspended for two years, but also be angry with crap click bait articles.

Facts- lol.

The facts are wrong though.. it wasn't 11 players.

And no one has blamed the Pies taking drugs on Robbo, the issue is of the thread is that Robbo fairly or unfairly singled out one club and pretty much labelled them as the face of illicit drugs with every article on the issue having pictures of Collingwood players on it. The bloke had no idea the number of players that were found to have done it but went for 11 for no justifiable reason.

Robbo can't contravene an agreement he is not party to. Robbo's only duty is to his employer. It's news. He reported it.
It would be news if it were true. Has that been proven to any reasonable standard yet? Has Robbo's claim been verified?

The facts are wrong though.. it wasn't 11 players.

And no one has blamed the Pies taking drugs on Robbo, the issue is of the thread is that Robbo fairly or unfairly singled out one club and pretty much labelled them as the face of illicit drugs with every article on the issue having pictures of Collingwood players on it. The bloke had no idea the number of players that were found to have done it but went for 11 for no justifiable reason.
12 was too many, and 10 didn't seem enough.

Excellent post!

Robbo's a shill. A devious man. Scott called him out nicely and stopped him in his tracks when Robbo suggested objecting to the article was akin to saying yes to drugs. What a frickin' scum bag. Buckley underperformed in that interview. He should have gone harder and more directly. He can be very convoluted. Scott - on song, clear, simple.

I think the herald sun would get upset if one was to publish "up to 11 of their editorial staff have been alleged to have partaken in illicit drugs"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back