Official Club Stuff Collingwood supporters say the darndest things...

Lol no way. We don't want any of your spuds. Even that flog aish.

He isn't moving for anything to do with Footy

If his family is so strong in his mind, then the general spuddery of the destination matters little

He isn't moving for anything to do with Footy

If his family is so strong in his mind, then the general spuddery of the destination matters little

Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure deep down he doesn't want to put on that terrible paddlepop guernsey. I think he has a little more respect for his footy skills and choice of team even in spite of his choice to relocate. Gold Coast is the only option in my mind.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure deep down he doesn't want to put on that terrible paddlepop guernsey. I think he has a little more respect for his footy skills and choice of team even in spite of his choice to relocate. Gold Coast is the only option in my mind.

The paddle pop is dead, they are moving back from next year

Anyway, I don't doubt GC will ferociously chase him. He is a massive get for them, and instant midfield presence to compliment Gary. He makes them very dangerous

the Lions need him too, but as a foundation, not as a final puzzle piece. They have less to give, and less currency to throw into a deal... but that's more about what we want looking in

I'd prefer GC, but I feel that his decision is totally family driven, so Brisbane is the only choice for him

That's handy, because we're going back to our old one in 2015. Welcome aboard Dayne. Reckon they'll give him Browny's #16 Yidaki?

The paddle pop is dead, they are moving back from next year

Anyway, I don't doubt GC will ferociously chase him. He is a massive get for them, and instant midfield presence to compliment Gary. He makes them very dangerous

the Lions need him too, but as a foundation, not as a final puzzle piece. They have less to give, and less currency to throw into a deal... but that's more about what we want looking in

I'd prefer GC, but I feel that his decision is totally family driven, so Brisbane is the only choice for him

Doesn't his Dad live on the GC though?

Imo, he won't be going anywhere if we don't get what we want. Family reasons or no family reasons. In fact, I believe he will end up remaining at Collingwood next year. It will be an uber troll on the Brions.

That's handy, because we're going back to our old one in 2015. Welcome aboard Dayne. Reckon they'll give him Browny's #16 Yidaki?

Paddlepop will forever be part of your history Duritz.

You will still have the s**t Beams next year. All the best with that.

Doesn't his Dad live on the GC though?

Imo, he won't be going anywhere if we don't get what we want. Family reasons or no family reasons. In fact, I believe he will end up remaining at Collingwood next year. It will be an uber troll on the Brions.

I hope we don't block it

Grand standing, and talking tough is fine

Actually stopping such a a great player, and a great servant of the club from getting where he needa to be doesn't sit right with me

I don't think Naifan or Eddie are the type to not make this happen

Paddlepop will forever be part of your history Duritz.

You will still have the s**t Beams next year. All the best with that.

Just sayin' he won't have to wear it.

And yes, it will always be part of our history, as a ******* campaigning disgrace. Fun fact: when they were deciding to do this, all on the Lions board were completely opposed, one of the designers started posting on our board sticking up for it (before it had been released this was, mind you, we were just opposed to ANY change of jumper, given our three flags and Fitzroy heritage, etc) and he at one point said (and this is burned into my memory) "don't worry guys, when you see it, you'll love it."

I hope we don't block it

Grand standing, and talking tough is fine

Actually stopping such a a great player, and a great servant of the club from getting where he needa to be doesn't sit right with me

I don't think Naifan or Eddie are the type to not make this happen

Don't overestimate Eddie, man, he described the Beams situation on radio as being "the problem when inequities exist allowing the Lions to pay 100% of their cap."

Really.

Don't overestimate Eddie, man, he described the Beams situation on radio as being "the problem when inequities exist allowing the Lions to pay 100% of their cap."

Really.

All part of the negotiation

Make it seem impossible. Make only the best deal push it towards the probable, but I don't think Eddie would throw Beams under the bus on this one

Eddie loves Collingwood, and he loves his players. He also loves the game, and not letting him go home hurts the player, the club and the game

not likely!, some of the s**t you and your whoretorn mates post has been far worse
Renounce your team as a pack of cheating campaigners or * right off.
This is a weekend of footballing celebration. Supporters of what Essendon did in 2012 are not ******* welcome.

Had a look at the thread in question and it was an excellent read, I especially love the form of getting the GC involved to create a bidding war and then being willing to settle for pick 7 and O'Meara.

Can I just ask what player in the league would any club give up 7 and O'Meara for, delusional pies flogs. We don't need Beams as we have a gun midfield but feel free to keep dreaming

Had a look at the thread in question and it was an excellent read, I especially love the form of getting the GC involved to create a bidding war and then being willing to settle for pick 7 and O'Meara.

Can I just ask what player in the league would any club give up 7 and O'Meara for, delusional pies flogs. We don't need Beams as we have a gun midfield but feel free to keep dreaming
You'll need to add Dangerfield to O'Meara before we even look at the deal. How you go about getting him off Adelaide is your problem, but you'll be paying 50% of his salary for 5 years in any case.

(You're sure we need to talk this tough Ed?).

Plenty of material on the Collingwood board to keep this thread going ...

Someone has brought the dad card into the Dayne Beams furore, questioning the morals that Beans Snr taught him and the only way to 'honour' him was to stick with his commitment to Collingwood.

Stay Classy Pies Fans

Some great reading around 5pm on Friday on the Pies board ;)

Bang!!
Well done Collingwood FC. Done us proud. Didn't let those flogs bend us over and stuck by your word. Full respect.
much respect, you really stuck to your guns
It's brilliant in the strength of the message it sends
so strong, so brave
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-10-10/pies-lions-cease-negotiations
Wow, I am loving the balls of our great footy club right now. I love this club. Basically, up yours Brisbane, we still have an elite midfielder and if anyone else rates him, then let us know.
Friggin' awesome!

i think brisbane rate him

I don't give a **** what those clowns at Brisbane or the general public say about how we have treated poor Dayne. I'm proud of Collingwood, we took a stance, held firm to our word (if you can't trust your word what can you trust).
Brisbane is the party that did not keep their word. They offered him a contract on the basis that they would make a deal that would satisfy Collingwood.
Beams relied on this misrepresentation.
Could this trade period be a bigger fail for Brisbane than the last? Looks very likely.
lol dont think so champ, think they did quite well
5:00 was the dealine.
5:05, statement is out.
We aren't messing around.
We want, what we want.
This statement is just about the ballsy thing I've seen COLLINGWOOD do since MM left.
this is just lol.
Love our stance.
We aren't the Bulldogs, one man can't dictate the direction of the club.
**** yes, Collingwood.
oh yes, yes one man can.

I love the fact that Peter Schwab laughed at the deadline on Trade Radio today thinking it wouldn't be enforced..... Don't think he'll be laughing now.
I think hes laughing, laughing quite hard.

Thank god we stood our ground.

:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$

Last edited by a moderator:
Back