Think Tank Things more bitter than Collingwood & Hawthorn supporters, over Carlton & Geelong having 22 & 17 Premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't strip us of 15 flags Matey !!!

Honestly if it's not broke, it don't need fixing.

The current flag tallies for all 18 clubs is fine as it is.

Port Adelaide fans have every right to be proud of their SANFL flags, but it wasn't won in this competition, which started in 1896 !!!

Yeah I was just trolling with the Port thing. I know it was a different league lol.

Carlton losing 15 flags. Hmm that could be good for everyone 😛

original.jpg

Colin Carter presents
The-Great-Sphinx-of-Giza-in-front-of-the-Great-Pyramid-of-Giza-2.jpg

... yet more evidence of Geelong premierships pre-1997 located on a strangely rhomboid playing surface at Cairodinia Park.

Supposedly this carving of a victorious Geelong captain was later damaged by Napoleon's artillery handing out a few high shots, but impartial observers (ie Napoleon) determined the Sphinx ducked into it, play on (true story).

Another bit of evidence is this body:
images

"Ranga" Ramses II
Note the telling features: red hair (a Geelong phenotype) massively inbred (ditto) and over thirty years old. Stellae and other inscriptions indicate he was victorious in at least fourteen campaigns, leading Carter (pictured below) to include this number in Geelong's ever increasing premiership tally.
1690954118982.jpeg
Sadly because of the huge time periods involved this means Geelong's strike rate remains that of a lowly to middling club.

Colin Carter presents
The-Great-Sphinx-of-Giza-in-front-of-the-Great-Pyramid-of-Giza-2.jpg

... yet more evidence of Geelong premierships pre-1997 located on a strangely rhomboid playing surface at Cairodinia Park.

Supposedly this carving of a victorious Geelong captain was later damaged by Napoleon's artillery handing out a few high shots, but impartial observers (ie Napoleon) determined the Sphinx ducked into it, play on (true story).

Another bit of evidence is this body:
images

"Ranga" Ramses II
Note the telling features: red hair (a Geelong phenotype) massively inbred (ditto) and over thirty years old. Stellae and other inscriptions indicate he was victorious in at least fourteen campaigns, leading Carter (pictured below) to include this number in Geelong's ever increasing premiership tally.
View attachment 1762649
Sadly because of the huge time periods involved this means Geelong's strike rate remains that of a lowly to middling club.
Very amusing. In all seriousness, you should really think about getting on board with Colin's campaign, so you can finally get that elusive premiership👍

If were f***ing around then only 18 team AFL flags?
I read this a couple of times and I don't get it.

You on the piss early today tiges? Lol

Is the current VFL, the one the mighty Werribee Tigers play in, the original VFA. I thought the VFL was a break away from the VFA not a continuation.
VFA was renamed to VFL which was a breakaway from the VFA the VFL was previously renamed to AFL...I think?

How desperate would a club need to be too want to be able to count VFA flags as VFL/AFL flags, its a totally different competition, celebrate them at your club by all means but asking for them to be added to the AFL count smacks of desperation.

VFA was renamed to VFL which was a breakaway from the VFA the VFL was previously renamed to AFL...I think?

How desperate would a club need to be too want to be able to count VFA flags as VFL/AFL flags, its a totally different competition, celebrate them at your club by all means but asking for them to be added to the AFL count smacks of desperation.
If cats want their VFA flags counted it would go towards their magoos team and not the AFL team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL now has 18 teams so any won in the AFL prior to 18 teams don't count, I mean its as stupid as adding flags from a different comp.

I wish I was on the piss though.
I get it now lol.

I thought that was what you meant but you never know lol

Its the same as Port they won them so celebrate internally and show them in your museum but to ask for them to be counted the same as AFL flags is like a man wearing a dress and wanting to be called a woman.
You are proving my point about Richmond supporters so well. If you had a handful of extra flags to add you would be totally on board too. #bitterness 19f546c5f5e8b0854c39b90438fca8c4.jpg

Last edited:
You are proving my point about Richmond supporters so well. If you had a handful of extra flags to add you would be totally on board too. #bitterness View attachment 1762733
I'm quite happy with the 13 VFL/AFL flags we have and the 2 VFA flags, I have no desire for them all to be counted as AFL flags because they aren't, you should be happy with your 10 VFL/AFL flags and 7 VFA flags.

You are proving my point about Geelong supporters being the most needy in the comp, win 17 VFL/AFL flags then you can count them, its that simple.

All time? Geelong 17.

This century? Geelong most successful.

We don't make the rules, but you can bet your arse we enforce them.

dc1cc214826584a055fb73b10d99867c
and the one that counts VFL/AFL Geelong = 10 flags which puts you 3rd last of the 8 teams that still exist from the 1897 season, only in front of StKilda and Swans, we don't make the rules were just enforcing them.

Also if we are counting Bush League premierships than Port's should count too.

37 premierships > 22 and 17
INCORRECT and DEBUNKED by award winning, peer-reviewed literature. I implore you all to take a visit to the Colin Carter thread and purchase his best selling book to join the ranks of us football scholars.

FkoKIfGaUAAE2Rd.jpg

Very amusing. In all seriousness, you should really think about getting on board with Colin's campaign, so you can finally get that elusive premiership👍
Glad you enjoyed it, we aim to please.

As for listening t k that poor old chap, well I'd rather win one than pluck 7 from my arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back