Think Tank Things more bitter than Collingwood & Hawthorn supporters, over Carlton & Geelong having 22 & 17 Premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

images

Lol sympathy post. Collingwood are bitter that Hawthorn stole our "most racist club" mantle and Hawthorn are bitter they don't have state mandated catgirl wives.

Carlton don't really matter anymore (fine win this wek though, well done) and Geelong? We're happy they are in their most successful era ever. That's 2 flags in...what 12 years? 4 in 16? We had 4 in 4 years once. Richmond just had 3 in 4 years, Hawks 3 in 3.

Slim pickings for the Cats but middling clubs have to take what they can get.

Lol sympathy post. Collingwood are bitter that Hawthorn stole our "most racist club" mantle and Hawthorn are bitter they don't have state mandated catgirl wives.

Carlton don't really matter anymore (fine win this wek though, well done) and Geelong? We're happy they are in their most successful era ever. That's 2 flags in...what 12 years? 4 in 16? We had 4 in 4 years once. Richmond just had 3 in 4 years, Hawks 3 in 3.

Slim pickings for the Cats but middling clubs have to take what they can get.
You're holding your hat on your 1920s achievements? Says it all 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also if we are counting Bush League premierships than Port's should count too.

37 premierships > 22 and 17

Sure, if Port Adelaide was called the Power in the SANFL !!

Anyhow, as much as I would love it, this historical premiership revisionist count is not going to happen, would be the greatest troll ever if the AFL signed off on it though:)

Sure, if Port Adelaide was called the Power in the SANFL !!

Anyhow, as much as I would love it, this historical premiership revisionist count is not going to happen, would be the greatest troll ever if the AFL signed off on it though:)
Geelong weren't called the Cats until the 20s so I guess only premierships after this time count.

Also if we are counting Bush League premierships than Port's should count too.

37 premierships > 22 and 17
Port's flags were won in a completely different league with different teams. Pre 1897, the VFA was the premier comp in the country with the same teams (plus a few extras), which formed the VFL. Do you understand the difference now?

Port's flags were won in a completely different league with different teams. Pre 1897, the VFA was the premier comp in the country with the same teams (plus a few extras), which formed the VFL. Do you understand the difference now?
Then why aren't those premierships officially recognised?

Edit: I meant Geelongs not Port's.

Last edited:
Cause Port Adelaide AFL was est 1997 !

Every Big Footy stalwart should know that :D
No, geelong VFA premierships.

I mean if its the same league surely the VFL/AFL would officially recognise them?

They don't? Well that's odd then 🤔

No, geelong VFA premierships.

I mean if its the same league surely the VFL/AFL would officially recognise them?

They don't? Well that's odd then 🤔

As I said before matey, it's definitely not going to happen (VFA flags recognised in the VFL/AFL tally)

It's funny how only Geelong flogs seem to be pushing this agenda, although I suspect it's mainly just to troll Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn fans !

Unless it's for culturally sensitive reasons, not a fan of rewriting history myself

As I said before matey, it's definitely not going to happen (VFA flags recognised in the VFL/AFL tally)

It's funny how only Geelong flogs seem to be pushing this agenda, although I suspect it's mainly just to troll Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn fans !

Unless it's for culturally sensitive reasons, not a fan of rewriting history myself
Up until 10 years ago, Geelong flogs on here were saying 'only AFL flags count'

Then something happened.. not sure what... Now they want to count VFA/VFL/AFL

I agree with you.
Start the records from the VFL, or for complete fairness, the AFL.

Even if we start records from the AFL Geelong still have 4 flags so they can still be happy.

I agree with you.
Start the records from the VFL, or for complete fairness, the AFL.

Even if we start records from the AFL Geelong still have 4 flags so they can still be happy.

You can't strip us of 15 flags Matey !!!

Honestly if it's not broke, it don't need fixing.

The current flag tallies for all 18 clubs is fine as it is.

Port Adelaide fans have every right to be proud of their SANFL flags, but it wasn't won in this competition, which started in 1896 !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back