List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He is still tracking well towards the NBA unfortunately
There are 60 kids taken in the NBA draft. To be drafted, it is hard and even then, NBA isn't like the AFL where once you're drafted, it's two years. His career can end at any time in a ruthless sport.

Sounds great, but what would you say if you were Moyle or Bryan's manager. If Moyle and Bryan are ready and just stuck behind their club's first ruck, why would they choose to move to be stuck behind Cameron?
My take as his manager would be that 1st ruck positions are thin on the ground for 2025, but you’re likely to see match time at Collingwood because they play a two ruck system. Unlike you I think it’s the way we want to structure up rather than out of necessity although I’d prefer a one ruck setup.

I’ve got Melbourne, Richmond and Geelong as the only three with possible first ruck minutes on offer in 2025. It’s likely though that all three will go with either the incumbent, the next cab off the rank or the greatest to ever do it (despite rising 34).

The ruck situation is a bit of a conundrum. I can see us not even bothering to get one next year. I reckon we'll back in our current talls and just manoeuvre them as required, especially next year. Hopefully Dean and Eyre come on and we will work around what we have. I like begg and maybe Steen. Not sure we can afford to waste a list spot on another developing ruck. Is Cox contracted for next year, because we might just back in what we have
Cox is contracted.

Begg would be a low chance to receive a new deal and Oscar's future is undecided. If we liked someone else more, he could go.

Cox is contracted.

Begg would be a low chance to receive a new deal and Oscar's future is undecided. If we liked someone else more, he could go.
I think Steene wil be very good , as we all know rucks take about 4-5 years to fully develop, Steene is an excellent mark when resting forward , reckon he will be great for our future .. no rush ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about we get one back over the Swans and trade for Parker, who has spent a month in the twos without getting a game.

He's been obviously pushed out by the acquisitions of Adams and Jordan, with Mills also still on the sidelines. The Swans have a glut of midfielders now.

Even though he's 31, surely he's still got a couple of years left in him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How about we get one back over the Swans and trade for Parker, who has spent a month in the twos without getting a game.

He's been obviously pushed out by the acquisitions of Adams and Jordan, with Mills also still on the sidelines. The Swans have a glut of midfielders now.

Even though he's 31, surely he's still got a couple of years left in him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If our training staff are okay with Parker, I'd love to add him. He had an excellent season last season, and has been mostly injury-free. He does have a lot of mileage due to that health though

Do we over rate the ruck position? A good midfield, which we have, may counteract a poor ruck. We have a tall defence but a short forward line. I'd love a ruck/forward, someone who can do both and use shorter rucks, weird but left field.
Cameron is a pretty decent mark and has kicked a few now, 55 in 81 games from a ruck is a decent return but he is ageing, 30 in mid 2025.
If Steene is worth persisting with, then I trust the process. Ideally I'd like to see another tall forward and maybe have Cox, Frampton, Cameron or Steene in that ruck position with a big hulking forward, McStay is undersized in my uneducated opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back