List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we over rate the ruck position? A good midfield, which we have, may counteract a poor ruck. We have a tall defence but a short forward line. I'd love a ruck/forward, someone who can do both and use shorter rucks, weird but left field.
Cameron is a pretty decent mark and has kicked a few now, 55 in 81 games from a ruck is a decent return but he is ageing, 30 in mid 2025.
If Steene is worth persisting with, then I trust the process. Ideally I'd like to see another tall forward and maybe have Cox, Frampton, Cameron or Steene in that ruck position with a big hulking forward, McStay is undersized in my uneducated opinion.
I don’t think we do. We looked so much better last year when we had our two rucks playing compared to the time they were injured.

We don’t need the greatest tap ruckman, just anyone competitive enough to stop the opposition ruck from completely dominating.

It’s the aerial prowess around the ground the Cameron and Cox have that we need cover for.

My take as his manager would be that 1st ruck positions are thin on the ground for 2025, but you’re likely to see match time at Collingwood because they play a two ruck system. Unlike you I think it’s the way we want to structure up rather than out of necessity although I’d prefer a one ruck setup.

I’ve got Melbourne, Richmond and Geelong as the only three with possible first ruck minutes on offer in 2025. It’s likely though that all three will go with either the incumbent, the next cab off the rank or the greatest to ever do it (despite rising 34).
Preuss and then Grundy went to Melbourne for the prospect of ruck minutes but there were no minutes.

I don’t think we do. We looked so much better last year when we had our two rucks playing compared to the time they were injured.

We don’t need the greatest tap ruckman, just anyone competitive enough to stop the opposition ruck from completely dominating.

It’s the aerial prowess around the ground the Cameron and Cox have that we need cover for.
Yeah. I think it's more about two blokes who can clunk a mark than two rucks.

forget Lobb or Taberner or Weiderman or some other mediocre ruck forward

Get a proper young ruck and play Cameron ruck forward

Cameron ruck forward will clunk and kick as many as Lobb etc
This!

Cox = Retired
Cameron = Fwd/Ruc
Moyle/Reidy/Bryan?McAndrew? = Ruc trade
Steene = Developing Fwd/Ruc
Begg = ???

forget Lobb or Taberner or Weiderman or some other mediocre ruck forward

Get a proper young ruck and play Cameron ruck forward

Cameron ruck forward will clunk and kick as many as Lobb etc
DC is killing it playing ruck atm and is a mediocre forward so why do that to him? Fly puts our players where they can succeed which is why it won't happen.

I just scrolled and:
McCluggage > Coll
Carmichael > Adel
Noble > Suns
Parfitt > Coll (No thanks)
Moyle > Coll
Lobb > Coll (No thanks)
Yuk. Lobb. Even heard Schwartz this morning on sen saying 'nah', to Lobb for Dee's..'too inconsistent & not enough presence' in relation to their forward woes.

No one rates him. He's a dud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yuk. Lobb. Even heard Schwartz this morning on sen saying 'nah', to Lobb for Dee's..'too inconsistent & not enough presence' in relation to their forward woes.

No one rates him. He's a dud.
I've gone off him. Don't like the idea of losing JFN though. Maybe we might need to to get McCluggage

I hope not, I like Noble
why would he leave now? He doesn't begrudge those that won a flag, and is now back in the best 22. Loves the club and aimed to get better this year.

Suns are after Rioli more so. There is no links to Noble (only in the aspect they could use someone "like him" )

why would he leave now? He doesn't begrudge those that won a flag, and is now back in the best 22. Loves the club and aimed to get better this year.

Suns are after Rioli more so. There is no links to Noble (only in the aspect they could use someone "like him" )
Yeah, it didn't seem right to me. I think the boys are just assuming .

I just scrolled and:
McCluggage > Coll
Carmichael > Adel
Noble > Suns
Parfitt > Coll (No thanks)
Moyle > Coll
Lobb > Coll (No thanks)
I like JFN but if the Suns were prepared to offer us a sweet deal for him I think we should consider letting him go

Money talks. He’s on role player money at the pies and that’s not going to change. If the Suns made him a lucrative long term offer like they’ve done for other role players in the past (Brandon Ellis anyone?) then he’d be silly not to consider it.

Money talks. He’s on role player money at the pies and that’s not going to change. If the Suns made him a lucrative long term offer like they’ve done for other role players in the past (Brandon Ellis anyone?) then he’d be silly not to consider it.
But they havent' There is no mention they are interested in him. Just someone like him.
They are more trying to pry Rioli out of richmond.

The only reason I can think that we might get rid of him is to get an upgrade. If the money offered to him was decent, would that give us a higher draft pick. I'm hopeless on drafting and shit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back