List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the fact all of those trades were known quantities with limited development left.

All the guys I mentioned are youngsters with time and talent on their sides. Ala Polec, Membrey, O'Rourke etc.

If you don't think Hampton/Shiel/Matera/McKenzie would be upgrades or fill a glaring positional deficiency, I'm lost for words.
I guess you're lost for words then.... we have an abundance of youngsters with time and talent on their side, we need top end established players to complement what we have. Apart from treloar the rest is comparable youth to what we already have

I reckon Scharenberg and Maynard will step up and well have Langdon and Williams/Toovey as the mediums to complement Reid and Moore. No need to overspend on someone who is maybe equivalent or depth but probably at a higher price than we need to be paying.
Fair enough, Id have Mullett next cab off the rank after Langdon, Maynard, Scharenburg and Oxley for Medium/Small Defenders.

I guess you're lost for words then.... we have an abundance of youngsters with time and talent on their side, we need top end established players to complement what we have. Apart from treloar the rest is comparable youth to what we already have

Maybe not quite lost for words... As obviously our understanding of the word 'comparable' doesn't come from the same dictionary.

I'm beginning to think the best place for Dangerfield to go would be Carltank. Prolong the Judd-mediocrity effect for another five years, while keeping him away from anyone relevant.

I'm beginning to think the best place for Dangerfield to go would be Carltank. Prolong the Judd-mediocrity effect for another five years, while keeping him away from anyone relevant.
They could trade some of their good young talent like.....um...ahhh....oohhh.....ummm, well at least he'd get to eat all the snags he could handle.

Yes I know its FA not trade in this scenario but it amuses me more this way.

I thought that keeffe and JT were out of contract anyway at the end of this year?

First rounder and goldy be of any appeal to GWS?

McKenzie is someone to make a play at.

I think there's a knock on his competitiveness. Until he can rid himself of his laconic demeanor I don't think he'll be on our radar (as much as I'd like him to be).

Of all the different types on our list carefree skillful players is what Buckley's game style doesn't cater for with only Karnezis fitting that bill, IMO. It's a sound strategy to target competitors and it's what Sydney has built their success on, however those competitive types can often lack the polish to take them to the next level.

Dont know how many times this has to be posted for people to understand.Mckenzie re-signed with gold coast at start of this season.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh,so they signed him till end of 2017,only to trade him this yr.Makes about as much sense as most of your posts.Keep up the great work

You really have no idea how the AFL works do you?

Would only be the 100 millionth time someone has been traded or cut mid contract. :$

Very ignorant, keep up the great work I guess.. o_O

Is it too radical to look at trading Cloke?
If we are not likely to be contending until 2017 are we not better off trying to swap or trade a pick to get a younger potential forward who will grow with the rest our young list?

Is it too radical to look at trading Cloke?
If we are not likely to be contending until 2017 are we not better off trying to swap or trade a pick to get a younger potential forward who will grow with the rest our young list?

Who would want Cloke for what we would want in a Trade for Cloke

I know I am probably going to get abused for this but Cloke is soooooo overrated.

This guy is on huge money. Now lets look at what we get for that money objectively.

He averages less than 2 goals a game.

Since mid 2012 he has been on a downward spiral and it is continuing

He misses goals consistently from 15-20 metres out. This point does my head in. How is it that a key forward, whose job it is to kick goals, who spends his life practicing and gets paid huge money can not do what a kid in the U-13 can do.

He is currently ranked 22 amongst the Key Forwards in the comp. Even Jessie White is ranked higher than him. That is how consistently poor he has been in recent years

I used to listen to people who said stuff like "It is not just how much he gets the ball, it is also about what he offers the team structurally" Maybe this does have some merit but the best I have seen our forward line function was in the NAB game against the Hawks when he was not in the team. Yeah yeah it is a NAB game it means nothing I hear you say. Well looking at the Bulldogs performance and how we played against them and Carlton and I would say that it does have some meaning.

He is not worth anywhere near the money we are paying for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back