Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He tapered pretty badly. Doubt he'll get a Brownlow vote in the last ten games. Could have twelve after the first four. By round 10 even Rhys Stanley was beating him in the hit outs and he didn't crack 30 again for the rest of the year.
Yeah and any players other than North players who performed early would still get the nod. It wouldn't matter.

Nic Nat took 11 marks in 16 games. Seven games he never took a mark.
Gee the standards are low for a bloke playing in a position where you don't even have to be accountable for your opponent.

Did Papley make AA squad with 26 goals and LT miss with team 53?

Yep, this AA business should be held in as high regard as the under 22 team, Brownlow, NS or (enter subjective AFL award)

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

LT made the squad of 40 that year though... or are you preempting Papley making the final side?

Also Naitanui was an obvious selection, he's been hugely influential. The Gawn selection is the iffy one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the AFL more and more by the day. Becoming a s**t stain of a comp. If it wasn't for North I wouldn't bother. Absolutely no integrity and massive bias.

On a brighter note the Tampa Bay Lightning tied the Stanley Cup series 1-1 today. Go Bolts.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hate the AFL more and more by the day. Becoming a sh*t stain of a comp. If it wasn't for North I wouldn't bother. Absolutely no integrity and massive bias.

On a brighter note the Tampa Bay Lightning tied the Stanley Cup series 1-1 today. Go Bolts.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
As an Isles man I can heartily say, get nicked!!! LOL

AA and Brownlow are now a joke. There used to be a time when players like Skilton and Kevin Murray from lowly teams won these awards. North too always had its share of great players that were included in the AA. Nowadays it's not about performance on the ground but more about clicks on social media, half of the judge's (footy commentators ) who have barely played school footy let alone AFL. Goldie, you are 2020s best ruckman.

As a stupid SEN listener ( l know, therapy is booked ) they have this " September to Remember " thing they run with every year with players recounting their memories of great finals wins.

Not once have l heard a North player.
You won’t that organisation is led by a fat fool that is well known North hater he rather get ads on as he needs the money.

Nic Nat has made the squad purely on reputation. You cannot even compare Goldstein's year with Nic Nat's.
Oh wait... yea you can. Goldstein easily had a better year!
View attachment 968296
Going by that data it is burning lay obvious why NicNat gets AA nomination over Goldy.

Selectors pick their favourite and that’s the end of story.

Going by that data it is burning lay obvious why NicNat gets AA nomination over Goldy.

Selectors pick their favourite and that’s the end of story.

Appears that way.
Considering the AFL ratings system has Goldstein as the comps 7th best player.
Not to mention Goldy did it for 17 games and not Nic Nat's 15.
Hopefully motivates him for next year - the 'stick it up em' mentality

Nic Nat has made the squad purely on reputation. You cannot even compare Goldstein's year with Nic Nat's.
Oh wait... yea you can. Goldstein easily had a better year!
View attachment 968296
Take in Time On Ground and NN comes out on top.

I hate WC more than most but anyone claiming Goldy was way ahead of NN or Gawn is as biased as what they claim the selectors to be.

Do people really think a group of 9 grown men, all from different clubs, get together and agree to piss on North Melbourne. Some of you guys have small dick syndrome. Goldy just missed out, who cares. Our season was stuffed long a go, just look forward to the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back