Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

This might be Corns worst take.

There was an interesting moment last night between Hodge and Korn on SEN last night re JHF.

Hodge called out JHF for not having a left foot. Twice at crucial times in the Showdown JHF used the outside of his right and shanked it - including a shot late in the game which missed. Kane sounded like he was about to cry ("Yeah so what if you can kick on the outside of the right...he's a star...he was keeping Port in it...blah blah. Randomly at one point he said "Yeah but Will Phillips can't even get a game a North") Hodge kept going - top player in his third year must be adept on both sides and was clearly loving it.

Last edited:
I recall Caro doing a story on Harley Reid on channel 9, declaring him the best young player, blah, blah, blah.

She ended her story with the comments -

Imagine if North had Harley Reid.....

I thought, what WTF does North have to do with Harley Reid?

Did North do a Richmond and select Richard Tambling, instead of Buddy and Roughead...

No. he wasnt available at our pick. End of story.

There was an interesting moment last night between Hodge and Korn on SEN last night re JHF.

Hodge called out JHF for not having a left foot. Twice at crucial times in the Showdown JHF used the outside of his right and shanked it - including a shot late in the game which missed. Kane sounded like he was about to cry ("Yeah so what if you can kick on the outside of the right...he's a star...he was keeping Port in it...blah blah. Randomly at one point he said "Yeah but Will Phillips can't even get a game a North") Hodge kept going - star player in his third year must be able to be adept on both sides and was clearly loving it.

he really brought Will Phillips into it? What a weirdo.

At some point Footy Classifieds will become this type of convo (FYI I don't watch it other than these socials clips)...

Kornes: I think Harley Reid was out partying the night before a game. He doesn't look fit. He was cramping and throwing up in the last quarter.
Caro: C'mon Kane, you don't know that. How can you say that?
Lloydo: Yeah Kano. That could just be from exhaustion Kano. Have you got proof he was partying the night before a game?
Kano: I've been reliably informed that he was. Who knows what condition he got home in.
Hutchy: Are you saying he killed a drifter?
Kornes: Well you said that... not me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall Caro doing a story on Harley Reid on channel 9, declaring him the best young player, blah, blah, blah.

She ended her story with the comments -

Imagine if North had Harley Reid.....

I thought, what WTF does North have to do with Harley Reid?

Did North do a Richmond and select Richard Tambling, instead of Buddy and Roughead...

No. he wasnt available at our pick. End of story.
TBH our last round win showed what a dumb club we have become. I don't care what explanation people have - to win that game and forfeit the number one pick was just plain stupid. The win achieved nothing other than losing Reid. Dumb.

TBH our last round win showed what a dumb club we have become. I don't care what explanation people have - to win that game and forfeit the number one pick was just plain stupid. The win achieved nothing other than losing Reid. Dumb.

Does this particular whinge about Rd 24 last year add anything to the other hundred or so whinges on the same thing?

One thing that GC has shown is that they are better tankers than we are.

The only saving grace I have. THE only. Is that I very much doubt they would have given us the pick 2 as McKay compo.
As well as the amount of extra end of first rounds had we gotten the generational talent.
Albeit with the ****ing gc assistance, it would have been interesting what it would have looked like if they weren’t getting all that access. I don’t think it’s whinging at all tbh.

You’ll be as shocked as I am to see the next headline story in the Herald Sun is “AFL rejected pitch for rings to replace medals”. Footy media is sooooo predictable.

The only saving grace I have. THE only. Is that I very much doubt they would have given us the pick 2 as McKay compo.
As well as the amount of extra end of first rounds had we gotten the generational talent.
Albeit with the ******* gc assistance, it would have been interesting what it would have looked like if they weren’t getting all that access. I don’t think it’s whinging at all tbh.
There's been 3 generational talents in the last 4 drafts. There'll be others.

And we still got the best one on the "off" year.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

There's been 3 generational talents in the last 4 drafts. There'll be others.

And we still got the best one on the "off" year.

Oh yeah for sure.
But the idea of ‘north’ getting a generational talent, and a pick after it. Cmon Passmore, we’re still trying to convince other clubs that we actually didn’t receive any top ten draft picks from compensation

Oh yeah for sure.
But the idea of ‘north’ getting a generational talent, and a pick after it. Cmon Passmore, we’re still trying to convince other clubs that we actually didn’t receive any top ten draft picks from compensation
It seemed unlikely that they'd give us 2 picks before WC given they we're at least as shit as us.

Anyway, it's done now. We'll go an Quinella the rising star....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back