Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Dimma knows, Clarkson knows. I ******* know, Do the ******* players know?

Find some belief campaigners. LDU, you went through one of the toughest things life can throw at ya as a young fella. What you are experiencing now is a piss with the wind compared to that. Find it son!

On paper... on paper Carlton had an amazing midfield when they were chronic spooners and they never really got going until most of that pick 1-4 midfielder range player retired or left so it is not a foregone conclusion. If all you experience is losing then you get conditioned to be losers.

Assuming the core midfield group is going to be Wardlaw, LDU and McKercher then Wardlaw has played 16 games, McKercher 9 (and not in the role he will play going forward) it is going to take some time for the unit to gel.

We have invested a lot into the midfield, a massive amount of currency over numerous years and we have the worst midfield still. If we invested everything on KPFs, KPDs and Ruckmen and our midfield was thin and would be weak for a while it is something that would have been a lot easier to swallow.

LDU is almost 25 now and going to hit 100 games, Powell and Phillips 4 years and played 54 and 35 games, Scott a bit older and on 87 games. There shouldn't be this pressure on Wardlaw and McKercher, how can you not be remotely competitive as a midfielder after 4 or 5 pre-seasons as top end talent?

Need to stop making excuses for the players and particularly the administration. I don't expect us to win, we should be a lot more competitive with the kind of talent investment we have made into the midfield.

ll
Tucker Carlson might love God but is there anything wrong with that? I can tell that you don't love God and that's okay but we know who your master is.
Do you read the entire post? Or just cherry pick what you want out of them? You’re worse than an umpire with his own interpretation of rules..

On paper... on paper Carlton had an amazing midfield when they were chronic spooners and they never really got going until most of that pick 1-4 midfielder range player retired or left so it is not a foregone conclusion. If all you experience is losing then you get conditioned to be losers.

Assuming the core midfield group is going to be Wardlaw, LDU and McKercher then Wardlaw has played 16 games, McKercher 9 (and not in the role he will play going forward) it is going to take some time for the unit to gel.

We have invested a lot into the midfield, a massive amount of currency over numerous years and we have the worst midfield still. If we invested everything on KPFs, KPDs and Ruckmen and our midfield was thin and would be weak for a while it is something that would have been a lot easier to swallow.

LDU is almost 25 now and going to hit 100 games, Powell and Phillips 4 years and played 54 and 35 games, Scott a bit older and on 87 games. There shouldn't be this pressure on Wardlaw and McKercher, how can you not be remotely competitive as a midfielder after 4 or 5 pre-seasons as top end talent?

Need to stop making excuses for the players and particularly the administration. I don't expect us to win, we should be a lot more competitive with the kind of talent investment we have made into the midfield.
Still haven’t played a lot of footy together, especially with Xerri also.. we are getting obliterated in forward half defensive pressure. Goals against from our half is ****ing putrid

Tucker Carlson might love God but is there anything wrong with that?
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Let's focus on North and try and fix us before we try and fix Russia.

I mean the Huddle could assist with the world's bigger pictures I do agree .
I think they just wanted to take the easier option regarding Russia.

But time is up on this slamming Sam character for me. Ignore is the obvious solution until he's banned.

Free speech is allowed. It is an implied right and it is also a right given to every citizen world wide. It falls under the UN Charter of Human Rights. I suggest if you are unhappy with freedom of speech, buy a one way ticket to China. I hear they love censorship over there!

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences of your speech

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free speech is allowed. It is an implied right and it is also a right given to every citizen world wide. It falls under the UN Charter of Human Rights. I suggest if you are unhappy with freedom of speech, buy a one way ticket to China. I hear they love censorship over there!
Free speech is not enshrined in Australia's constitution, infact health practitioners registered to AHPRA have subjects that they are obliged to only recommend government policy and are not able to give you their opinion on. No need to fly to China for sensorship

Let's focus on North and try and fix us before we try and fix Russia.

I mean the Huddle could assist with the world's bigger pictures I do agree .
Can we get some of the very smart kids in the Huddle to build some sort of machine that converts poor to average footballers into good ones? They could do a 2nd tall forward as a prototype.

Tucker Carlson might love God but is there anything wrong with that? I can tell that you don't love God and that's okay but we know who your master is.
Oh f#ck off. Take this shite off here. This is a football forum not some God-bothering lunatic asylum. Carlson is a blight and so it seems are you. Be off with you.

The stats proving 2024 is the bleakest year of North Melbourne’s rebuild yet​

Last season, the Roos were performing so badly they were handed priority picks. But look away, North fans, because the numbers show 2024 is even bleaker.

Matthew Forrest

@mattforrest29

2 min read
May 13, 2024 - 6:00AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/.../e42b7754a844185e9c313017f7d6d91a#share-tools

The talk of North Melbourne in the pre-season was about how the side had bottomed out, and finally the club that had been battered and bruised for years was ready to start the climb up the ladder.

But nine rounds in, the situation at Arden Street seems more dire than usual.

From poor and unorganised to outright uncompetitive, the Kangas haven’t looked like securing a win yet.
It’s not just the losses that are the issue: it’s how they are losing.

North Melbourne has got within five goals of their opponent at the final siren just once this season, which came in round two against Fremantle.

While it’s easy to look at the final result and suggest it was a competitive performance, it was the only game this year they have been in a position to win.

DARWIN, AUSTRALIA - MAY 11: [PLAYERCARD]Jaidyn Stephenson[/PLAYERCARD] of the Kangaroos looks dejected after a loss after the 2024 AFL Round 09 match between the Gold Coast SUNS and North Melbourne Kangaroos at TIO Stadium on May 11, 2024 in Darwin, Australia. (Photo by Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

DARWIN, AUSTRALIA - MAY 11: Jaidyn Stephenson of the Kangaroos looks dejected after a loss after the 2024 AFL Round 09 match between the Gold Coast SUNS and North Melbourne Kangaroos at TIO Stadium on May 11, 2024 in Darwin, Australia. (Photo by Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

Leading at quarter time, then winning the second term, the Roos had victory in their sight.
But a 40-point swing in the third term cost them a chance at the four points.

Outside of those two quarters against Fremantle, North Melbourne has won just one other quarter this season: the final term against Adelaide in round 7, when they were down by 59 points at three quarter time and lost by 57; a two-point quarter win.

Compared to last season, a year in which earned them more priority picks in the draft and saw their coach step aside for 11 matches, their margin of losing is worse.

The Kangaroos have lost on average by 52.7 points per game this season, with three losses by more than 11 goals.

Last season, North had endured three losses by more than 11 goals through their first nine games, however their average losing margin was 39.3 points and had even secured a win over the Dockers in round 2.

Five of the first nine games last season were decided by five goals or less, whereas this season there has just been one game that had a margin of less than six goals.

While had was heavily scrutinised at times last season, the loss of Ben McKay has been noticeable down back, with Bigoa Nyuon, Charlie Comben, Aidan Corr, Toby Pink, and Kallan Dawson barely household names.

North Melbourne conceded 35 scoring shots from 67 inside 50s against Gold Coast, with the Suns’ inaccuracy in front of goal helping the Roos avoid a complete blowout.

The Harry Sheezel midfield experiment has failed, with the star defender sorely missed down back.

Has Harry Sheezel’s move to the midfield been a failure? Picture: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images.

Has Harry Sheezel’s move to the midfield been a failure? Picture: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images.

He was the sure-footed rebounder that often got North Melbourne out of sticky situations, but in the past two weeks he has attended more centre bounces than any other game this season.

The numbers are glaring: his two lowest disposal counts came in the last two matches, same with his marks and ranking points.

His offensive stats don’t paint a more attractive picture either: Sheezel recorded three clearances against St Kilda and none against Gold Coast, is averaging more clangers the past two weeks than he did in the first seven games of the season, and his tackle numbers and inside 50s have barely shifted positively either.

In the long term, Sheezel will be an elite midfielder at AFL level, with many outsiders using Collingwood’s Nick Daicos as a blueprint.

But while North Melbourne continues to struggle, and with the ball living in their defence for much of the game, Sheezel would be best served down back, providing their inexperienced defence with a composed head.

But even then, the data shows he can’t fix all of the Kangaroos’ problems in 2024.

Dimma knows, Clarkson knows. I ******* know, Do the ******* players know?

Find some belief campaigners. LDU, you went through one of the toughest things life can throw at ya as a young fella. What you are experiencing now is a piss with the wind compared to that. Find it son!

We get more praise from opposition players than clarko in his Presser's

Clarko is always too busy praising the opposition, how good they are, how good specific their players are

Needs to be directing that confidence to us, not the other teams

It’s the same story from
Clarkson.

We gave up the ball too easily, they punished our turnovers, we didn’t convert our opportunities, I felt that the game was pretty even except on the scoreboard.

Rinse. And. Repeat.

It’s the same story from
Clarkson.

We gave up the ball too easily, they punished our turnovers, we didn’t convert our opportunities, I felt that the game was pretty even except on the scoreboard.

Rinse. And. Repeat.
Its Groundhog Day every press conference so much so, I can't watch them anymore.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back