Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Free speech is not enshrined in Australia's constitution, infact health practitioners registered to AHPRA have subjects that they are obliged to only recommend government policy and are not able to give you their opinion on. No need to fly to China for sensorship
Yes you are correct. It is not explicitly worded in the constitution. It is however, implied, which means it is in the Constitution, from a lawful perspective.

Respectfully, all that you are describing in terms of the players closely matches what many of us are doing ourselves as supporters. We've dropped our heads, we are half-hearted, and we expect failure. I appreciate that we are not pulling on the boots ourselves, and we can do very little to impact the results, but the way we start autopsy threads before halftime of games, for instance, yet expect the players to fight it out to the very end despite a 10 goal deficit, is a little bit rich.
100%

Yes you are correct. It is not explicitly worded in the constitution. It is however, implied, which means it is in the Constitution, from a lawful perspective.
That does not stand the test with AHPRA, Medical practitioners have had their licence suspended for not following government imposed policy. Free speech means nothing when it is only implied

Respectfully, all that you are describing in terms of the players closely matches what many of us are doing ourselves as supporters. We've dropped our heads, we are half-hearted, and we expect failure. I appreciate that we are not pulling on the boots ourselves, and we can do very little to impact the results, but the way we start autopsy threads before halftime of games, for instance, yet expect the players to fight it out to the very end despite a 10 goal deficit, is a little bit rich.
That's a good point. It would be good if we showed a bit of decency and delayed opening the autopsy thread until after the game. McKercher just won the RS nomination in that game.

I agree with a lot of this, but, the thing that riles me up as much as anything is people on here getting stuck into other posters over their reactions. The whole “ you’re not a real supporter if you think X” shit pisses me off, regardless of where you fall on the spectrum from happiest of clappers to the end is near types.

Obviously, as you posted above, it has **** all influence on the team and it’s performance. I just reckon there’s plenty of space for all opinions, feelings and needs to be valid, or at least tolerated. Every person on here is by definition a North tragic. We all cope in our own ways.

I like it. I ****ing like it

Let’s give it a 110%

Not only will we applaud the small wins on the ground, the pack marks, the spoils out of bounds on the wing, the tackles, the goals. We’ll start cheering the Scott turnovers, the jy handballs to oppositions or to his team mates feet, tuckers direct kick to a defender going inside 50. Clapping every time Xerri slaps it to the other teams best mid, going wild every time Larkey pulls off a beautifully performed push in the back 2 seconds too late. Let’s back em to the ****ing end!

Sorry, but you are comparing apples to oranges. We aren't getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to watch us be largely uncompetitive week after week, year after year.

They are paid professionals. That is a very significant difference. They are paid to perform and they are executing way below acceptable standards. When you do that year after year, it is going to impact your ability to get supporters to show up for games, or watch them on TV.

People have a finite amount of free time, I do not blame anyone for not wanting to spend that time getting kicked in the nuts week after week.

I will watch it because I am a glutton for punishment, but nobody owes the club anything more than they are willing to give and nobody has the right to shame them or make excuses for our club being turned into the laughing stock of the competition.

That sense of pride starts on the field, not in the stands or on the couch. We can't will them to do their job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with a lot of this, but, the thing that riles me up as much as anything is people on here getting stuck into other posters over their reactions. The whole “ you’re not a real supporter if you think X” s**t pisses me off, regardless of where you fall on the spectrum from happiest of clappers to the end is near types.

Obviously, as you posted above, it has heck all influence on the team and it’s performance. I just reckon there’s plenty of space for all opinions, feelings and needs to be valid, or at least tolerated. Every person on here is by definition a North tragic. We all cope in our own ways.
The universe is made of quantum associative silly putty. So when everyone on here carries on like a fricken baby about how shit everything is it bounces off the cosmos and ****s up the team.

Sorry, but you are comparing apples to oranges. We aren't getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to watch us be largely uncompetitive week after week, year after year.

They are paid professionals. That is a very significant difference. They are paid to perform and they are executing way below acceptable standards. When you do that year after year, it is going to impact your ability to get supporters to show up for games, or watch them on TV.

People have a finite amount of free time, I do not blame anyone for not wanting to spend that time getting kicked in the nuts week after week.

I will watch it because I am a glutton for punishment, but nobody owes the club anything more than they are willing to give and nobody has the right to shame them or make excuses for our club being turned into the laughing stock of the competition.

That sense of pride starts on the field, not in the stands or on the couch. We can't will them to do their job.
See this is where you are wrong. See my previous post for proof.

The universe is made of quantum associative silly putty. So when everyone on here carries on like a fricken baby about how s**t everything is it bounces off the cosmos and hecks up the team.
I’ve neglected my quantum physics of late, but I’ve noticed you yourself, as a more positive type of person, more often than not tries to counter negative stuff with some tangible proof rather than a dick punch. I reckon anything that is essentially “your opinion doesn’t count coz I disagree “ is worse than a pessimist. Maybe the universe hates intolerance more than negativity.

I've seen the word 'heck' more times in the last couple of days than I had in the previous 20 years.
'Dang' to come and then 'root'.

30 years ago, 'root' was commonly referred to as something other than supporting your team, although this current team is currently rooting us on a weekly basis.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve neglected my quantum physics of late, but I’ve noticed you yourself, as a more positive type of person, more often than not tries to counter negative stuff with some tangible proof rather than a dick punch. I reckon anything that is essentially “your opinion doesn’t count coz I disagree “ is worse than a pessimist. Maybe the universe hates intolerance more than negativity.
All the negativity sucks but adding to it without s=adding anything positive is no different really. We all get frustrated. it really sucks being this shithouse but there isn't a magic wand we can wave and make it better. Those positives are there, that's the good thing. Hopefully as more and more of them accumulate we start playing proper scintillating footy.

Great article. I played Full Back for years for my team and took the majority of kick ins. Its much harder than it looks and there are a lot of factors to take in.

Your winger looks like hes in space and is waving his arms but he doesnt see the small forward who will have plenty of time to get in there and make a contest with the long ball flight.

Playing on straight away to gain meterage is always good as well but the second you leave the box you limit your scope and angles of attack.

People think a kick in shouldnt be a stat. Garbage. Its the hardest kick in the game and shouldnt be seen as a source of shaming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back