Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just curious, why do you think this would happen?
Because this is what the AFL do.
They said the Suns along with the Giants were 10 year plans. In the Suns case i think it will take longer if they are to be successful.
The jury is still out at the moment on the Giants.

Because this is what the AFL do.
They said the Suns along with the Giants were 10 year plans. In the Suns case i think it will take longer if they are to be successful.
The jury is still out at the moment on the Giants.

Sort of agree with this.
IMO, the AFL set The Suns up to be competitive, unfortunately injuries the last 2 yrs have stymied this a fair bit.
However The AFL the next year, set GWS up to win the Competition and I don't believe the jury IS out. I believe they well and truly can win it, just don't know when.

Igues somewhere earlier the Hayne effect has been discussed? imagine 3 QLD NRL teams doing well..? Last season 2 did well and we saw a drop in QLDAFL juniors numbers. Imagine the effect Hayne is going to have, and especially the the Titans are already doing well this season?

GC have a fight on their hands. They are losing, and the Titans have just pulled of a major coup..

Igues somewhere earlier the Hayne effect has been discussed? imagine 3 QLD NRL teams doing well..? Last season 2 did well and we saw a drop in QLDAFL juniors numbers. Imagine the effect Hayne is going to have, and especially the the Titans are already doing well this season?

GC have a fight on their hands. They are losing, and the Titans have just pulled of a major coup..
Gaz in decline - while Titans ramp up their profile.
Suns need to become more locally relevant - maybe recruit more locals ?
Not sure average interstate recruits will cut the mustard going forward. Think locals would far rather follow young Queenslanders having a go. - especially if we continue to get beaten anyway.
Set up an us against them mentality . Has worked for WA / SA in the past....

Crowd figures for Suns and Titans in 2017:

Round 1 Titans v Roosters (Sat, 4 March, 9.00pm)
Robina Stadium: 13,933

Round 3 Titans v Eels (Fri, 17 March, 8.05pm)
Robina Stadium: 11,612

Head to Head
Round 1 Suns v Lions (Sat, 25 March, 7.05pm)
Carrara Stadium: 12,710
Round 4 Titans v Cowboys (Sat, 25 March, 9.00pm)
Robina Stadium: 17,674

Same Weekend
Round 6 Titans v Raiders (Sat, 8 April, 5.00pm)
Robina Stadium: 12,390
Round 3 Suns v Hawks (Sat, 9 April, 4.40pm)
Carrara Stadium: 14,728

2017 Highest Attendance: 21,716 (Titans v Broncos)
2017 Lowest Attendance: 10,511 (Titans v Knights)
2017 Head to Head Weekends: ...
2017 Same Weekends: ...
2017 Suns Crowd Average: 14,017 (140,174 in 10 games)
2017 Titans Crowd Average: 13,688 (164,261 in 12 games)

Last edited:
Here's the summary for the respective home games at Metricon and CBUS Super:

Suns:
Average - 11,560
Highest - 16,239
Lowest - 4,368
20k+ - 0
10 - 20 - 7
0 - 10 - 4

Titans:
Average - 13,805
Highest - 25,109
Lowest - 8,278
20k+ - 2
10 - 20 - 6
0 - 10 - 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought a 3 game membership this year.
Went to the game v north arrived an hour early and couldn't get a seat in GA so stood for the game. Went to the game v Brisbane arrived 90 minutes early and couldn't get a seat in GA so stood for half the game then ended up watching the game on TV near the 5th qtr bar. Didn't even bother using my last game. Wasn't going to get a seat.

Do they sell out the GA? I think it's the reserved seat members letting the club down.
Either that or not enough members for reserved seating. Maybe need to increase GA seating size and reduce reserved seats.

Went to the game v north arrived an hour early and couldn't get a seat in GA so stood for the game. Went to the game v Brisbane arrived 90 minutes early and couldn't get a seat in GA so stood for half the game then ended up watching the game on TV near the 5th qtr bar. Didn't even bother using my last game. Wasn't going to get a seat.

Do they sell out the GA? I think it's the reserved seat members letting the club down.
Either that or not enough members for reserved seating. Maybe need to increase GA seating size and reduce reserved seats.

How about helping the club and buy a reserved seat.

I think the GA size is too small.
If you can attract new fans usually initially through GA

Then they are more likely to buy a membership the following seasons

Try the far end always plenty of GA seats there. I sit up there 6 times a year and often don't get to the game until 30 mins before

Why can't people from the Gold Coast like the Titans and the Suns they're both struggling in terms of finance, attendance, consistency instead of fighting each other you should be helping each other grow and supporting both of the teams as the Gold Coast community

Remove this Banner Ad

Back