MRP / Trib. Comparisons

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I understand it was him that shot Bambi's mum as well.

Seriously what season have you been watching? Didn't O'Keefe get like 2 possessions in that game? None of their ruckmen kicked a goal and Goodes was playing midfield.

If you're going to make facts strech to fit your predetermined conculsions at least use real ones.
lolwut?

Goodes played forward the majority of the game. O'Keefe didn't have a great game but he was being targeted and LRT kicked a goal as a ruckman.

Next time check your facts youngin.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Goodes played forward the majority of the game. O'Keefe didn't have a great game but he was being targeted and LRT kicked a goal as a ruckman.

So the Swans targeted O'Keefe because they perceived his man Dawson to be the weak link, yet O'Keefe didn't have a good game.

To any logical person without an agenda this would imply... I dunno.... maybe Dawson did a good job on him?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So the Swans targeted O'Keefe because they perceived his man Dawson to be the weak link, yet O'Keefe didn't have a good game.

To any logical person without an agenda this would imply... I dunno.... maybe Dawson did a good job on him?
To any logical person it could mean two things. And it wasn't Dawson playing a good game. He was miles behind him at times and O'Keefe just played a stinker, at times couldn't even pick up the ball.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dawson has a few faults (though I still think his biggest 'crime' in some people's eyes is that he looks like a bit of an unco spaz at times) but I've gotta say he's probably the best judge of when to leave his man to impact a contest of any key defender I've seen play for Freo.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dawson has a few faults (though I still think his biggest 'crime' in some people's eyes is that he looks like a bit of an unco spaz at times) but I've gotta say he's probably the best judge of when to leave his man to impact a contest of any key defender I've seen play for Freo.
He does that generally well. But if you can't make a spoil, follow someone on a lead or even track your opponent when the ball hits the ground and keep up with a player running back to goal... then you don't deserve to play in the AFL as a key defender.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
To all the Dawson haters check this stat out. Zac Dawson is #1 at the club for 1%'ers with 30. Second is Luke Mcpharlin with 14 and 3rd Johnson with 13.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Pfft... 1%ers. Since when have we needed players like that at our club?

Everyone knows we've always been a consistent, hard-nosed, 1%er-doing team. Flashy, skilful, downhill skiers - that's what we need more of.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Pfft... 1%ers. Since when have we needed players like that at our club?

Everyone knows we've always been a consistent, hard-nosed, 1%er-doing team. Flashy, skilful, downhill skiers - that's what we need more of.

I'm trying to work out if you are being serious or not?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
To all the Dawson haters check this stat out. Zac Dawson is #1 at the club for 1%'ers with 30. Second is Luke Mcpharlin with 14 and 3rd Johnson with 13.
I wasn't aware that doing 1%'ers is all a player had to do to stay as a key defender. Like I said, he is good at judging when to leave his man to make a contest, but thats about all he is good at at AFL level. This is a guy who got towelled in pre-season by a WAFL forward remember.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
It isn't, but the players at the top of the 1%'er list are all defenders and he is way at the top. One of Kozi's goals on Friday was against Mcpharlin and no one has kicked bags on him.

I wouldn't refer to the intraclub match as a reference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

greatgatsby

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Commanders, Black Ducks
I wasn't aware that doing 1%'ers is all a player had to do to stay as a key defender. Like I said, he is good at judging when to leave his man to make a contest, but thats about all he is good at at AFL level. This is a guy who got towelled in pre-season by a WAFL forward remember.

I prefer AFL Grand Finals to pre season games as form references. Dawson is part of a defence that has conceded 16 goals in the past two games - I think he will keep his place.

Feb 5, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle

I can't tell if you are being serious or not about the bolded comment.

But if you are, you're a moron.

P.S. I had something a little more involved typed up, but if you were serious about the above comment you wouldn't have understood it anyway.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I can't tell if you are being serious or not about the bolded comment.

But if you are, you're a moron.

P.S. I had something a little more involved typed up, but if you were serious about the above comment you wouldn't have understood it anyway.
It is a fact, how can I be a moron about a deadset fact? Go check the Pre-season trial match where Dawson played on Tom Lee, everyone on this forum who was there mentioned how bad he was.

serious-face-Danny.jpg

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Oh dear... Please delete before opposition supporters see and make judgements about Freo supporters. Or maybe should stop typing while watching TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back