Concerts you have been to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome.

Isn't that illegal?

The recording I mean, not the stalking part.

Nope, the bands encourage it. DMB for example: http://www.davematthewsband.com/legal/index.html

Dave Matthews Band allows audiotaping at almost every live performance. We feel that each show is unique and want to offer our fans the opportunity to recreate the live experience through the audio reproduction of our shows. At all taping authorized performances, tapers can tape from any ticketed seating location in the venue. Also, for many of these performances tapers are able to purchase tickets for a specially designated taper section, normally located immediately behind the soundboard. No soundboard or power feeds are provided.

Taping is limited to audio-only, using only microphones. Wireless receivers are strictly prohibited. We sincerely appreciate all of our fans, so we ask that you please be considerate of those around you by not obstructing anyone else's view of the performance.

When taper tickets are available for a particular show, they are released concurrently with general seating tickets. To obtain designated taper tickets, contact the venue's box office.

All recordings must be used for personal use or trading only. Selling or commercializing any recording is illegal and will jeopardize taping privileges for everyone. Please read our Bootleg Statement for more information.

Wow, that is so cool of Dave Mathews, the guy is a genuine hippy.

Yeah, apparently their taping stance came about cos when they first started gigging outside of their home state (Virginia) they were shocked that all these people were singing along, even though they were yet to release an album. They were told all these people were turning out on the strength of "bootlegs" circulating around the college circuit, and it just went from there.

I caught The Church there and they were so loud that even Steve Kilbey asked his mixing desk to turn it down.
You still a Church fan, John? I pulled out some of my old Church CD"s over Christmas, and they still sound great. I marvel at the qualityof "Skins and Heart" as a debut album after all these years (released 1981 I think).

Two of the best concerts I ever saw were also in 1981, at Cloudland.

First, a 3 hour epic Cold Chisel show with about 8 encores and Barnesy with 3 bottles of vodka and God knows what else on board-Divinyls were the support act. Second, Simple Minds playing support act to Icehouse-cooler then (at age 17) than it might sound now!

Sunnyboys, several times at the Mansfield Tavern and other places, still love them. The Hunters, Midnight Oil, INXS, Aussie Crawl, Riptides/Gangajang, Paul Kelly...must have been the best ever era for Austaralian music.

Springsteen at ANZ on his first trip to Brisbane in 1984-maybe the highlight of them all.

Anyway, gotta go, just found another grey hair....

You still a Church fan, John? I pulled out some of my old Church CD"s over Christmas, and they still sound great. I marvel at the qualityof "Skins and Heart" as a debut album after all these years (released 1981 I think).

Gotta admit Judge to not playing them in many a long year. I think I read somewhere that they are releasing a new album this year.

Anyway, gotta go, just found another grey hair....

Should have been at the Laughing Clowns gig. You would not have been out of place.:)

I'll try not to miss any..

smallish australian bands in italics
bolded bands have seen more than once

Matchbox 20
Midnight Oil
Ben Harper
Pearl jam
Faker
Foo fighters
Nickelback
Inxs
Powderfinger
Silverchair
Regurgitator
Sneaky Sound System
Hilltop hoods
Grinspoon
Rage against the machine
Offspring
Incubus
Alexis on Fire
Thursday
Halifax
Robbie Williams
Dead Letter Circus
The Getaway Plan
Birds of Tokyo
Gyroscope

The Living End
Bullet for My Valentine
Atreyu
Santana
British India
Faker
Yves klein blue
Calling all Cars
Shihad
Disturbed
Behind Crimson Eyes
Spiderbait
COG
The Butterfly Effect
The Prodigy

almsot certain ive missed some, but all the important ones are in there i think :p

I'm going to Simon & Garfunkel this coming Friday in Melbourne. I'm half considering buying tickets to the Thursday night show as well.

I've heard good reviews of the Brisbane shows, so I am really looking forward to going. Considering I paid $285 for my ticket, it would want to be good! I've got a feeling that a lot of tickets are still available in Melbourne and that possibly, some of the prices may have dropped (not entirely sure about that though).

I reckon the ticketing, pricing and promotion of the event, at least in Melbourne, has been a bit of a debacle.

Slipknot
Disturbed
Korn
Static-X
The Butterfly Effect
Gyroscope
Behind Crimson Eyes
The Living End
Stone Sour
Grinspoon
Foo Fighters
Linkin Park

And much too many more to mention.

Static-X - One of the best live acts I've seen. Saw them at Festival Hall in Melbourne a year or so ago.
Stone Sour - I really wanted to see these guys at the Palace but it was in the St Kilda, which is on the other side of the city to me, and I had no one to go with.
Foo Fighters - They were good. Not Great. I was second row in the mosh at Rod Laver last year but they spent 1/3 of the show down on the bloody stage in the middle so I couldn't see anything!
Linkin Park - I considered seeing them when they last came out but I hated their last album so I decided against it.

Got My AC/DC tickets to. Can't wait:D

Saw Stone Sour at the Arena in Brissy, was fantastic. Cost all of like 45 bucks and was the best concert. Linkin Park were better than i thought. They are actually really good live.

Been to the last 2 Foo concerts. First one i had a fractured bone in my foot, but still went in the mosh, was so swollen afterwards i couldn't get my shoe off, probably prolonged the injury 2-3 weeks as well, but i wasn't giving up mosh at the Foo. 2nd Concert, the last one with the middle stage was awesome up here in Brissy. They used the middle enough without using it too much, was pretty awesome. I have missed the AC/DC train unfortunately.

Oh, highlight of the stone sour concert was corey just chillin for bout 10 min playing sweet home alabama, by himself while the other band members had a break. Just sat on a chair with a guitar and talked away and sang for awhile. I'll be first in line for tickets if they come out again.

I got tickets to see U2 in Vegas this October:thumbsu:

US$65 is a bargin as well:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll probably be waiting a while for Stone Sour to come out again. I know Slipknot are touring until at least September so they'll rest, record, release the album and then tour - and that's assuming that's for a Stone Sour album and not for Slipknot:eek:

yeah i know... but will be so worth it. I could handle another slipknot album and tour if they decided to go that as well ;)

Saw Stone Sour at the Arena in Brissy, was fantastic. Cost all of like 45 bucks and was the best concert. Linkin Park were better than i thought. They are actually really good live.

Been to the last 2 Foo concerts. First one i had a fractured bone in my foot, but still went in the mosh, was so swollen afterwards i couldn't get my shoe off, probably prolonged the injury 2-3 weeks as well, but i wasn't giving up mosh at the Foo. 2nd Concert, the last one with the middle stage was awesome up here in Brissy. They used the middle enough without using it too much, was pretty awesome. I have missed the AC/DC train unfortunately.

I went to both of those Foo gigs as well :)
one of the best live bands ive seen, cant wait for them to come back.

First gig I ever caught was Black Sabbath at Brisbane's Festival Hall waaaaaaaaaay back.

Bump - Sorry about the serendipity buddy [I could use other words but surely this was the kindest :p ] - they're ba-aaack...

First album in 33 years and a 2012 world tour!

sabbath2011_3.jpg

I ain't going. Ozzies voice was stuffed then and I suspect nothing has changed:D.
Geez, hard to decide if this is the cloning of Girl Talk into a quartet or is it a Rutles/Spinal Tap sequel/ AND...

• Will some pharmaceutical company will be pushing – sorry - promoting the tour?

• Or might it be the precursor of some sort of global announcement re the miracles of stem cell research?
So many questions.... No, really... :D

My favourite gig of all time was You Am I at Livid at some point in the 90s. They weren't on one of the main stages but in the Big Top tent. The tent was about quarter full when the gig started because one of the headline acts was on (one of those crap US bands - Offspring? Limp Biskit?). I think Tim Rogers took it as a personal affront that he wasn't the centre of attention. By the end of the gig, the place was absolutely pumping and punters had come from everywhere. Rogers was phenomenal - a ball of energy fuelled up by the bottle of Jack Daniels he was carrying around (and who knows what else!). They were tight and every song had this energy that you get at only the very best live gigs.

I've seen You Am I play many times before and since and, as good as they are live generally, they were unbelievable that night.

Just saw the Eagles at MGM Grand a couple of weeks back, they were absolutely awesome.

And I am with you TBD, can't wait for Roger Waters:thumbsu: Was in JB Hi Fi today and saw these beauties Pink Floyd

You can get Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall & Wish You Were Here. Pink Floyd live is the way it was supposed to be listened to.:thumbsu:

Oh, and if you have the spare cash, the Immersion Editions of the same albums are incredible, CD, Live CD, DVD's, Blu- Rays and more...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back