Toast Congrats Marc Murphy on 300 Games - His Final Game 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see how the interpretation and commentary around the high contact has changed.
They pretty much said there was nothing in any of those. Hodge would get weeks for his one these days (but then again, maybe not).
The Butters one was interesting, as it's obviously more recent. Butters comes in from the front of the contest and pulls out at the last second, never making contact with the ball. He's basically just sandwiched him into a 100kg bull.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Murph on 300. Real sad in a way as he is the last of the players who is retiring that came to us after a disastrous few years and gave us all a glimmer of hope. For a few years there with Murph, Gibbo, Kruez and Juddy we dared to dream. And now the realization hits that the 1st guy we got to get a flag in that rebuild now leaves with no flag. It’s bittersweet and quite a sad time for myself. I had massive hopes. I was about 26 when we got Murphy and thought we were on the right path… I hope we can give Murph 1 last hurrah and smash port this weekend. Best of luck to Murph on future endeavors.
I should also add Murphy, at his peak, was a top 10 player in the competition. He was super for us and I’ll always hold him in a high regard.

Like many, his lack of pressure and leadership has infuriated me in the past 2 years but that doesn’t diminish what a great and loyal player he has been for us over the journey and we must be eternally grateful for him choosing us over Lions at the beginning.

Hope he has a memorable last game.

The only people making a big negative deal about Murph's 300th are posting on here. Ultimately he hasn't had the opportunity to play in a team that batted deep enough to push for ultimate success - and that is on the Club's well-documented nuffery as far as list management, player development and coaching goes pretty much throughout his tenure at the Club.

All the best to Marc and his family and well done for having the fortitude to play in such a disappointing Club for your whole career.
Anyone who wants to see how hood Murphy has been for the club should watch a replay of the last home and away game comeback against Port Adelaide! I think 2008? We made finals ?
Murph was unreal!

Can we change the sad face to a happy face on this thread? We should be celebrating his career. It's a s**t time for many right now, let's perk the place up instead of being on a depression binge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guys best was absolutely elite. Was never quite the same after his knock from Hodge but he had plenty of great moments including a few match winning goals.

Congrats to Murph on 300 and out. I hope the next number 3 is half decent because it's still the number on my guernsey

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

E8tihYsUYAYEZT6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back