Vale Ted Hopkins šŸ˜¢

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to hear of this, RIP. Wasn't one of the greatest players who ever donned the jumper but he will always hold a very special place in the history of our club. That half of football....

Sad loss. Bizarre career. Kicked 4 in a half to help with the greatest comeback of all time. Played round 1 of the following season and then never played again.

From memory he was heavily involved in starting the football statistics industry.

Forever remembered for helping steal a premiership from the pies. Condolences to his family.

saw him on the elsternwick train a year or two back and truth be told he looked shithouse - single-handedly took my dad from palpitation to pandemonium with 4 kicks though..........fair work for a stats man.........rip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad loss. Bizarre career. Kicked 4 in a half to help with the greatest comeback of all time. Played round 1 of the following season and then never played again.

From memory he was heavily involved in starting the football statistics industry.

Forever remembered for helping win a premiership from the pies. Condolences to his family.

Edited for accuracy

;)

Forever remembered for helping steal a premiership from the pies. Condolences to his family.
Started a little outfit called Champion Data.

I was fortunate enough to be at the 1970 GF as a teenager. What a game!

Ted's second half is something I'll never, ever forget. One of the all time great cameos. It was thrilling to watch - and I still can't believe he only played one game after that!

Vale, Ted. šŸ†

Feels like the end of an era.

Ted is rightly revered in Carlton folklore, and this is a very sad day indeed. Vale to a legend.

Mum made my first Carlton guernsey as a kid, the number I requested? #7 of course. :)

Those amazing 10 or so minutes, when a 44 point deficit was turned into three points. Just like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back