List Mgmt. Contract extensions for Mitch & Mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Blicavs & Mitch Knevitt have both signed 2-year extensions
Blicavs, the CatB rookie who didn't make his senior debut until 22 years old is looking at a minimum of 14 years in the Hoops - phenomenal achievement

Knevitt screams Geelong player, the coaches would love him. Correct me if I'm wrong but as a junior he was an elite endurance inside mid who could play stints as a third forward, and they've been developing him more as a wingman since being drafted. We love tall wingers, think a slightly taller Sam Menegola type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved this quote from Mitch…

Super grateful to just have more time to learn and get better at the club,” the youngster said.

“I’ve got such great players to learn off, nice young group as well to sort of push through with.”

In particular the nice young group…to push through with.

With a posse of SDK, Holmes, Scratcher, Henry, Bruhn, Mitch, Dempsey, Whyte, Clark, Clohesy, Toby under 22. That is 11 who I think will make it and then Willis looks promising and too early on the others

It is a really exciting bunch really who will have the likes of Atkins, MOC, Close, Miers, Stengle just a couple of years older to play with them.

I know we are a bit thin 24-28 yo but actually feeling pretty good about medium term prospects - assuming we will add a number of FA over next couple of years…

Super grateful to just have more time to learn and get better at the club,” the youngster said.

“I’ve got such great players to learn off, nice young group as well to sort of push through with.”

With a posse of SDK, Holmes, Scratcher, Henry, Bruhn, Mitch, Dempsey, Whyte, Clark, Clohesy, Toby under 22. That is 11 who I think will make it and then Willis looks promising and too early on the others

It is a really exciting bunch really who will have the likes of Atkins, MOC, Close, Miers, Stengle just a couple of years older to play with them.

I know we are a bit thin 24-28 yo but actually feeling pretty good about medium term prospects - assuming we will add a number of FA over next couple of years…

It's an interesting mix of players, I'm not as sure as yourself that all will make it though Chawkts.

Hopefully Jack Henry makes a good recovery from his latest foot injury; along with our mosquito fleet of Miers, Stengle and Close, Jack Henry will be one of the older heads before he knows it - they'll all be 25 at some point this year, then you've got Mark O'Connor who's already 26.

Sam De Koning, Max Holmes both are already Best 22 obviously.

I can see Knevitt developing into a real player for us. Ollie Henry has clearly got it.

With Toby Conway I am more really hopeful than actually confident; if we can get him up and knocking on the door of his potential then we'll have a key plank of a post-Stanley/Blicavs ruck division in place. Important to persist with him and hopefully get him right to play a lot of football with us.

Knevitt is like a wish Bontempelli
Hopefully he ends up even a fraction as good.

Welcome, Darcy. If this comes off, I'd be rapt. Very classy, skilled in and under/distributor- perfect CGuthrie replacement in time.

Last edited:

The odds are not all them kids will make it, the ones with under 10 games they all need work, and 4 or 5 years in the system

Welcome, Darcy. If this comes off, I'd be rapt. Very classy, skilled in and under/distributor- perfect CGuthrie replacement in time.

Good luck dealing with Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back