Control is being lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was a great post, well argued and contained demonstrable truth and common sence, but you didn't say Port were fantastic so I hate you. :D

PS. He said "root", nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more, know wot I mean. :D

Mountain West is an AFL convert from the US recruited thru international television exposure. That would be a good thing for those who want to grow the game!
He would not be aware that rooting is a hobby that is hopefully practiced often with someone warm and soft, but seldom with a football club - noting the obvious exception of willing (or not so willing) female St. Kilda supporters. For the few of those unaware, root would be a synonym for barrack in North America. Now let's all have a good laugh at the expense of Mountain West! He said root...LOL!

Yes, we do enjoy slagging each other, Mountain West. Its all part of the tribalism that occurs between football teams. If you go to a football match in Victoria half the fun of the match is the banter that goes on in the crowd between supporters of opposite clubs. This forum is just another extension of that.

Yes, its true there are many people on this site that are incapable of opening their other eye to face the truth that there may be other teams in the league that are currently better than theirs, have a more glorious history or were simply better on the day.

While most of the time I ignore the blatant trolling that occurs on this forum, sometimes a pea brained tool needs to be taken down a notch when it becomes obvious they're slagging your team with complete disregard of their own clubs situation. After such pummelings these hypocrites usually crawl back under their rock for a while before resurfacing. And many of your fellow supporters take great pleasure and solace in those moments of silence that follow.

And by the way, if you are a US convert to our great game, welcome! Theres plenty of room on the bandwagon for the greatest sport in the world.

moistie said:
Yes, we do enjoy slagging each other, Mountain West. Its all part of the tribalism that occurs between football teams. If you go to a football match in Victoria half the fun of the match is the banter that goes on in the crowd between supporters of opposite clubs. This forum is just another extension of that.

Yes, its true there are many people on this site that are incapable of opening their other eye to face the truth that there may be other teams in the league that are currently better than theirs, have a more glorious history or were simply better on the day.

While most of the time I ignore the blatant trolling that occurs on this forum, sometimes a pea brained tool needs to be taken down a notch when it becomes obvious they're slagging your team with complete disregard of their own clubs situation. After such pummelings these hypocrites usually crawl back under their rock for a while before resurfacing. And many of your fellow supporters take great pleasure and solace in those moments of silence that follow.

And by the way, if you are a US convert to our great game, welcome! Theres plenty of room on the bandwagon for the greatest sport in the world.

I've been known to the game for 20+ years. (Thank you, ESPN)

I'll make myself a little more clear. The point is that if you think a certain club is going to do something, list out a few reasons why. I'll give Lockyer_24 credit for doing that.

A little banter is cool. It has and can again gone over the top.

I know Essendon will be hard pressed to be in the 8. If the Over/under for the Bombers was 5 wins, I'd take the over. I have them at .500 (11-11) and finishing 10th. I know the Dons cannot match up with (at full strength) the likes of the Saints, Port and the Lions. And I'll throw in Melbourne, Eagles and Geelong. Their lack of depth will show as the season goes on.

BTW, no mention of Dennis on the telecast (Lions-Saints), is he out at Channel 9?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back