Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better keep the sanitising up

Nope. With 100k daily infections omicron would literally be on everything you touch.

It's always been spread for the most part air to air.

Sanitising isn't a bad thing for every type of infection. When everyone was doing it fastidiously in 2020 the common cold/flu all but disappeared. But we also can't live in a bubble and all that sanitiser s**t will probably end up giving you cancer anyway over the long haul..

It is like the cannabis theory, there is laboratory research which suggests validity to the claim but no human trial data to show it works. I prefer to reserve judgement until they have trial data to show these things work. I am not sure how you can spray something up your nostril and still be Covid resistant 42 days later. Interesting none the less.

It is like the cannabis theory, there is laboratory research which suggests validity to the claim but no human trial data to show it works. I prefer to reserve judgement until they have trial data to show these things work. I am not sure how you can spray something up your nostril and still be Covid resistant 42 days later. Interesting none the less.
I agree they will need and will do large randomised controlled trials if they want to distribute mucosal vaccine worldwide but as I wrote previoulsy the current intramuscular ones are not able to afford sterilising immunity, the aren’t able to stop the infection before it takes hold. The coronavirus enters the endothelium via the mucosa to infect the subject so that is where research is heading. There will be $$$ Investment as it is a new technology and therefore new drugs. It would be a game changer.
Some scientists believe it won’t be possible but there is a lot of work in the area.

I agree they will need and will do large randomised controlled trials if they want to distribute mucosal vaccine worldwide but as I wrote previoulsy the current intramuscular ones are not able to afford sterilising immunity, the aren’t able to stop the infection before it takes hold. The coronavirus enters the endothelium via the mucosa to infect the subject so that is where research is heading. There will be $$$ Investment as it is a new technology and therefore new drugs. It would be a game changer.
Some scientists believe it won’t be possible but there is a lot of work in the area.

Yes, I think it is great that research is being conducted into new methods of prevention of Covid infection.The vaccines are not the silver bullet that our political leaders claim but they are the best we have atm. Hopefully someone comes up with a method of preventing infection. If that happens we have herd immunity and an end to this virus.

Yes, I think it is great that research is being conducted into new methods of prevention of Covid infection.The vaccines are not the silver bullet that our political leaders claim but they are the best we have atm. Hopefully someone comes up with a method of preventing infection. If that happens we have herd immunity and an end to this virus.
This was pre-Omicron but its sure frustrating to see things like that and then not hear about them again:

Booster shots could be made available for teens as young as 16 as early as next week, with the government vowing to make the third jab “immediately” available to the cohort.

Since the beginning of the Delta, and now with Omicron, NSW and Victoria combined have generated about 2300 deaths.
It also seems that despite the "Deaths per Day" trajectory being different between the 2 states, they seem to be converging to a similar daily rate.

Vic NSW Deaths per Day 280122.jpg

Premier Steven Marshall says five people over the age of 80 have now died while 50 per cent density rules will be restored from midnight tonight. There have been 1846 cases reported, with 1336 from PCR and 510 from RAT tests.

Density at hospitality venues will double to 50 per cent capacity from midnight and QR code check-ins will no longer be required at retail venues. Drinking while standing will still not be allowed indoors. Checking in using QR codes will still be required in hospitality venues and "high-risk settings" such as aged care and hospitals, the Premier said.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son returned to work yesterday. He says that there are 10 members of staff at his school who have had or currently have Covid. Is this situation going to get any better? As my son is a single parent when he returns to work it will mean the responsibility for home schooling our 10 year old grand daughter will fall on my wife and me. The door is open for teachers to be infected take the virus home and for extended family to become infected.

My son tells me that back to school is a fiasco as schools do not have rapid antigen tests and teachers will not be able to test for Covid.

Back to school in SA is a total balls up and will expose hundreds of thousands of South Australians to unnecessary risk. Today cases in SA have fallen below 2,000 however when school returns on Monday we should expect those numbers to rise.

If South Australians have any sense they will not vote this incompetent Government back into office.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
My son returned to work yesterday. He says that there are 10 members of staff at his school who have had or currently have Covid. Is this situation going to get any better? As my son is a single parent when he returns to work it will mean the responsibility for home schooling our 10 year old grand daughter will fall on my wife and me. The door is open for teachers to be infected take the virus home and for extended family to become infected.

My son tells me that back to school is a fiasco as schools do not have rapid antigen tests and teachers will not be able to test for Covid.

Back to school in SA is a total balls up and will expose hundreds of thousands of South Australians to unnecessary risk. Today cases in SA have fallen below 2,000 however when school returns on Monday we should expect those numbers to rise.

If South Australians have any sense they will not vote this incompetent Government back into office.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

And if the government changes at the next state election, which is in less than 60 days now, their first priority is surely to get rid of the idiot running the SA Education Dept. That needs to happen even if the Marshall Government is returned.

The last 2 months have been a masterclass of how not to run an organisation. the Education Dept boss appears to have lost the confidence of his organisation at the start of the school year at the very time teachers, parents and students need confidence about the safety of their return.

First of all he didn't bother arranging meetings between teacher representatives and SA health weeks ago so that teacher concerns regarding what was going to happen when schools open could be discussed rationally and openly. Teachers would then be in a position to communicate with kids and parents on the matter when school starts.

Second he says categorically that air purifiers are not needed in SA schools and refuses to budge on the matter only to be proven wrong by various experts and having to then go out and order thousands of them just a couple of days before schools start with no plan of how and who will install them correctly, let alone getting teachers to operate them properly.

Lastly, he and the Premier say rapid antigen tests are not needed in schools because they are “highly inaccurate in terms of false negatives” when surely the answer to that is to conduct more tests - as he is recommending to all South Australians. Or as the Doherty Institute puts it:

“Regular screening of students in schools at risk of COVID-19 incursions can result in fewer infections and in-person teaching days lost,
“The more frequent the screening the greater the benefits.”

The expert advice is clear and here we have the head of the Education Dept advising exactly the opposite.

IMHO this is utter incompetence from a guy earning more than the Premier and could not have been handled any worse.

I do not have kids in school any more but I reckon I would be furious about this clusterfeck if I did.

Strange that NSW has been predicted closer to New York than London? I thought the vaccination situation in Aus was better than either.

Think the UK are in front on boosters.

0e3c0bcc4a328f962099020710d3175d.jpg

So where is the list of venues where we still need to use QR codes?

Is a coffee shop a retail outlet or a hospitality venue ?

Obviously the system is no longer able to cope with contact tracing and this is a way of sugar coating a failure. Tell us how well we have done rather than tell us the system can no longer cope.

Spin Steven, spin.

Obviously the system is no longer able to cope with contact tracing and this is a way of sugar coating a failure. Tell us how well we have done rather than tell us the system can no longer cope.

Spin Steven, spin.

Is that a political Liberal Party media release or an official one from the SA Premier? I mean it's on the Premier's SA Government website but it mixes community information on easing restrictions with political fluffery like this:

“It’s no accident that SA has the fastest growing economy in the nation, our unemployment rates are at record lows and we have been named the most liveable place in the nation."

Is that a political Liberal Party media release or an official one from the SA Premier? I mean it's on the Premier's SA Government website but it mixes community information on easing restrictions with political fluffery like this:

“It’s no accident that SA has the fastest growing economy in the nation, our unemployment rates are at record lows and we have been named the most liveable place in the nation."

I noted that. It is the Premier's official .sa.gov.au page but it is probably spin lifted straight from his Press Conference.

Spin Steven, spin.

Coffee shops aren't retail stores.

And if the government changes at the next state election, which is in less than 60 days now, their first priority is surely to get rid of the idiot running the SA Education Dept. That needs to happen even if the Marshall Government is returned.

The last 2 months have been a masterclass of how not to run an organisation. the Education Dept boss appears to have lost the confidence of his organisation at the start of the school year at the very time teachers, parents and students need confidence about the safety of their return.

First of all he didn't bother arranging meetings between teacher representatives and SA health weeks ago so that teacher concerns regarding what was going to happen when schools open could be discussed rationally and openly. Teachers would then be in a position to communicate with kids and parents on the matter when school starts.

Second he says categorically that air purifiers are not needed in SA schools and refuses to budge on the matter only to be proven wrong by various experts and having to then go out and order thousands of them just a couple of days before schools start with no plan of how and who will install them correctly, let alone getting teachers to operate them properly.

Lastly, he and the Premier say rapid antigen tests are not needed in schools because they are “highly inaccurate in terms of false negatives” when surely the answer to that is to conduct more tests - as he is recommending to all South Australians. Or as the Doherty Institute puts it:

“Regular screening of students in schools at risk of COVID-19 incursions can result in fewer infections and in-person teaching days lost,
“The more frequent the screening the greater the benefits.”

The expert advice is clear and here we have the head of the Education Dept advising exactly the opposite.

IMHO this is utter incompetence from a guy earning more than the Premier and could not have been handled any worse.

I do not have kids in school any more but I reckon I would be furious about this clusterfeck if I did.

I listened to Spurrier say that the rapid antigen tests and the air purifiers are not needed in schools. The others are followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back