Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's people dying at home in NSW and they're not even counting them... People are rocking up to emergency departments with dead relatives in the car.

Dr Chant blew the lid on this today....

Amazing how the journalists (hand picked hacks) didn't press them on this further today? How many ? No question was even asked.

This state is f’ed.
Really sad

Why?

Because he's right again like he always has been?
You don't think that WA is milking this for all it's worth thanks to a population more parochial than most? A state that is happy to be isolationist?

You might think great, they're safe and taking it serious, but those qualities will continue after covid and you'll be calling them backwards rednecks that need to join the 21st century.

They've hardly done better than SA despite two extra borders separating them from the east.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

You don't think that WA is milking this for all it's worth thanks to a population more parochial than most? A state that is happy to be isolationist?

You might think great, they're safe and taking it serious, but those qualities will continue after covid and you'll be calling them backwards rednecks that need to join the 21st century.

I think they just want to keep Clive Palmer out 🤣

They've hardly done better than SA despite two extra borders separating them from the east.

So you believe that even when we have 70-80% of the population vaccinated he'll continue to close borders for popularity ?

Lol

******* school kids smoke in Indonesia

Some do sure...

Children are dying in the thousands in South America as well

Many women with covid (delta) are having stillborns or dying during their pregnancy.

The health advise in these countries is to avoid getting pregnant presently.

It's a serious concern.

Last edited:
No.

See the post directly below yours. Vaccinations are very effective at stopping people ending up in hospital and dying.

But I haven't said otherwise in my post. I am merely pointing out to the "tar and feather" crew that vaccinated people are just as likely to spread the Delta variant as the unvaccinated, as determined by none other than the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Do you dispute the science?[/QUOTE]

People choosing to remain unvaccinated are dumb and a threat to success against the virus.

How are they a threat to "success", whatever that is?

But I haven't said otherwise in my post. I am merely pointing out to the "tar and feather" crew that vaccinated people are just as likely to spread the Delta variant as the unvaccinated, as determined by none other than the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Do you dispute the science?

What the data says is that, if infected, a fully vaccinated person can still transmit the virus. However, vaccinated people are proven to have much-diminished chances of infection. As an example only (no real data or ratios):

Scenario A: 100 people, 50 vaccinated and 50 unvaccinated. All are exposed to the virus -> 1 vaccinated person gets infected, 40 unvaccinated people get infected. Total = 41 infected people. They are all (potentially) equally contagious.

Scenario B: 100 people, 90 vaccinated, 10 unvaccinated. All are exposed to the virus -> 2 vaccinated people get infected, 8 unvaccinated people get infected. Total = 10 infected people. They are all (potentially) equally contagious.

In addition, unvaccinated people have a much poorer prognosis than vaccinated people.

So, under scenario B you will see less propagation and fewer deaths.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vaccines aren't designed to stop the spread. Even with Delta though do reduce your odds of catching COVID (and it's bloody hard to spread it to others when you don't have it!) and reduce how much you spread it. Sure you still can spread it, but you're generally infectious for shorter and less infectious.

That is not what the CDC is saying in the article I quoted.

...."People with so-called breakthrough infections — cases that occur despite full vaccination — of the Delta variant may be just as contagious as unvaccinated people, even if they have no symptoms."[/QUOTE]

Even if they did nothing to stop you getting it or spread, those not taking it are still going to be more likely ending up in hospital taking ICU places from people with cancer, heart disease etc. So yeah, they are selfish.
You could say that about people who don't get flue shots, people who drink/smoke/take recreational drugs, people that play sport. Sh*t if we banned all of them you could have the whole fecking ICU to your self righteous self.

In news just in, non-emergency elective surgery will be suspended at public hospitals across Greater Sydney from August 2.

NSW Health says they will have the capacity to quadruple the current ICU capacity if required.

That is not what the CDC is saying in the article I quoted.

...."People with so-called breakthrough infections — cases that occur despite full vaccination — of the Delta variant may be just as contagious as unvaccinated people, even if they have no symptoms."

You could say that about people who don't get flue shots, people who drink/smoke/take recreational drugs, people that play sport. Sh*t if we banned all of them you could have the whole fecking ICU to your self righteous self.
[/QUOTE]
I can see that you decided to ignore my explanation above and are sticking with your failed conclusions. Carry on.

What the data says is that, if infected, a fully vaccinated person can still transmit the virus. However, vaccinated people are proven to have much-diminished chances of infection. As an example only (no real data or ratios):

Scenario A: 100 people, 50 vaccinated and 50 unvaccinated. All are exposed to the virus -> 1 vaccinated person gets infected, 40 unvaccinated people get infected. Total = 41 infected people. They are all (potentially) equally contagious.

Scenario B: 100 people, 90 vaccinated, 10 unvaccinated. All are exposed to the virus -> 2 vaccinated people get infected, 8 unvaccinated people get infected. Total = 10 infected people. They are all (potentially) equally contagious.

In addition, unvaccinated people have a much poorer prognosis than vaccinated people.

So, under scenario B you will see less propagation and fewer deaths.
Wait your turn!

What the data says is that, if infected, a fully vaccinated person can still transmit the virus. However, vaccinated people are proven to have much-diminished chances of infection.

"The bottom line was that, in contrast to the other variants, vaccinated people, even if they didn't get sick, got infected and shed virus at similar levels as unvaccinated people who got infected," Dr. Walter Orenstein, who heads the Emory Vaccine Center and who viewed the documents, told CNN."

The documents he is referring to are the CDC docs I referred to above.

I don't dispute this. Never have. You missed my point.

So you believe that even when we have 70-80% of the population vaccinated he'll continue to close borders for popularity ?

Lol

Um, yes?

And why wouldn't he? His hospitals are already operating at 100% capacity (with less ICU beds than SA which has 1 million less people) and even at an 80% vaccination rate you'd still see hundreds of people needing ICU beds at a time if you just let the virus run free.

He literally said today that the fact that even vaccinated people in NSW are needing ICU beds makes him concerned and that he's unsure about easing restrictions in the future.

There's no way out of any of this.

Um, yes?

And why wouldn't he? His hospitals are already operating at 100% capacity (with less ICU beds than SA which has 1 million less people) and even at an 80% vaccination rate you'd still see hundreds of people needing ICU beds at a time if you just let the virus run free.

He literally said today that the fact that even vaccinated people in NSW are needing ICU beds makes him concerned and that he's unsure about easing restrictions in the future.

There's no way out of any of this.

I guarantee you with a 80% vaccination rate there's no way there will be border closures

The problem is I can't guarantee you when we'll have 80% vaccination coverage when this rollout is a cluster*

Lockdowns and restrictions are popular when there's literally no other alternative. When the rest of Australia is getting back to normal and what you're suggesting "WA isn't" it will no longer be popular.

I guarantee you with a 80% vaccination rate there's no way there will be border closures

The problem is I can't guarantee you when we'll have 80% vaccination coverage when this rollout is a clusterfu**

On what basis are you providing that guarantee? At what point will the health advice become 'yes, open up, end lockdowns, end border closures, let people die of covid and let our hospitals fill up with covid cases'?

On what basis are you providing that guarantee? At what point will the health advice become 'yes, open up, end lockdowns, end border closures, let people die of covid and let our hospitals fill up with covid cases'?

It's unlikely to end anytime soon. As we've seen in Sydney, unvaccinated people end up in ICU but vaccinated people still end up in hospital in large numbers.
Obviously you're better off getting the jab but no guarantees you won't end up needing care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back