Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most probably won't but there will be plenty of people affected by WA's ongoing pursuit of 0 covid, probably including next year's AFL season (once states enter extreme risk there are no exemptions under any circumstances).

Agreed. It's just he always announcing these things as some sort of threat to the rest of Australia. It's all just white noise now.

The "official" covid stats don't count deaths indirectly caused by covid which are happening now in Sydney. On top of that people are getting sicker because they can't access health care (non urgent elective surgery has been cancelled) or are afraid to go to hospital because of fear of catching covid.

But papa G says the health system is coping fine, no worries

But papa G says the health system is coping fine, no worries

Hey, they're a bit busier than usual, but sometimes that happens. Are we not in a "Pandemic"? You'd think things would be a little stretched in such calamitis times? Wouldn't you? Either we are in the greatest threat to our nation in living memory or we aren't. Which way do you want it?

There is a strong feeling McGowan won't open to other states until at least April next year and even then it will initially be tight rules There is a strong chance both west coast and freo will be hubbing interstate for at least the early part of next year. The afl won't bother about trying to get exceptions etc. If every other state is normal it's hub life for shoey and his new friends.

There is a strong feeling McGowan won't open to other states until at least April next year and even then it will initially be tight rules There is a strong chance both west coast and freo will be hubbing interstate for at least the early part of next year. The afl won't bother about trying to get exceptions etc. If every other state is normal it's hub life for shoey and his new friends.

Rolling average of 500 cases per day for a week results in extreme risk category and no exemptions except for high level government officials basically.

Well probably an issue for the AFL all round.
SA is only opening up to low risk LGAs. Now between now and the next election in March nobody is going to want to be responsible for bringing the virus in. From this far out the AFL looks to still have teams living in quarantine?

And the economy has been crushed to such an extent that it’ll never recover. And government covid spending per death is at least trillion dollars

But not crushed enough that the Federal Government can break a $90 billion contract without having a clue what the financial damages will be (other than they will be 'substantial') and make and commit to foreign governments for an as yet undesigned and un-scoped nuclear propulsion alternative with zero idea of what the upfront or long term costs will be to Australian taxpayers (other than saying they will be well in excess of the $90 Billion previously allocated).

Say what you will about the long term health and community costs of the continuing global covid-19 pandemic on Australia, it has certainly been a wonderful fertiliser for the Canberra money tree crop.

Small comfort but new cases have at least stabilised in NSW. Thankfully they have not had exponential growth over the past fortnight. Of course that situation may not last if Gladys gets too impatient and decides to have a Boris Johnson like Freedom Day.

It is possible to reduce the numbers and save the health system from meltdown but it has to be carefully managed and that is where I have little confidence in Gladys.

Last edited:
But not crushed enough that the Federal Government can break a $90 billion contract without having a clue what the financial damages will be (other than they will be 'substantial') and make and commit to foreign governments for an as yet undesigned and un-scoped nuclear propulsion alternative with zero idea of what the upfront or long term costs will be to Australian taxpayers (other than saying they will be well in excess of the $90 Billion previously allocated).

Say what you will about the long term health and community costs of the continuing global covid-19 pandemic on Australia, it has certainly been a wonderful fertiliser for the Canberra money tree crop.
The government’s spent $2.4 billion on the French submarine program so far which is money down the drain. And as you say we don’t know what the contract break costs will be.

That money would go a long way towards beefing up the hospital system for dealing with covid, which you'd think would be a higher priority.

Interesting day today. I took my daughter to get her 1st dose today (she's 15, so we got in as soon as they opened that age bracket). From the GP I dropped her at the CBD as she was catching up with friends.

On the way back, I got caught by the anti-vaxxers march. Looking at those faces and understanding their demographics better, I can say that I am very happy with my life choices. Not that I had much doubt though.

Apparently the CIA are sitting on conclusive evidence that the Covid virus escaped from a Wuhan lab but Joe is biden his time before releasing it.

I have to say at first I was skeptical about Trump's lab story but given the Chinese sensitivity and reluctance to co operate with the WHO investigation into the origins of the COVID outbreak my position has shifted. What are the Chinese trying to hide? is the question that keeps popping up in my head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The government’s spent $2.4 billion on the French submarine program so far which is money down the drain.

And that includes a couple of huge bespoke sheds under construction at Osborne that were to house the home for building and fabricating the French subs. Perhaps we can get Marshall to do a deal with Morrison to have one of them uprooted and shifted to the vacant land at Alberton for our new HQ facility?

The reaction of the nearby residents would be priceless.

Apparently the CIA are sitting on conclusive evidence that the Covid virus escaped from a Wuhan lab but Joe is biden his time before releasing it.

I have to say at first I was skeptical about Trump's lab story but given the Chinese sensitivity and reluctance to co operate with the WHO investigation into the origins of the COVID outbreak my position has shifted. What are the Chinese trying to hide? is the question that keeps popping up in my head.

Coming from a lab is a lot different to a biological weapon though.
Labs often have many viruses in them to study.

Newscorp lol

Coming from a lab is a lot different to a biological weapon though.
Labs often have many viruses in them to study.

A lab is not a wet market either. If it was part of legitimate research why not be open about it? As Australia has found out the Chinese get extremely aggressive and can be punitive when someone suggests an unbiased investigation, why?

The Chinese are campaigners and honestly * the French. You reckon hitching our wagon to them would help us if s**t went down in the region? China start or continue to exert more bullying tactics in the region? C'est la vie. The Yanks, for all their foibles are still our best friends. China is increasing post WW2 Soviet Union, just in our time zone.

The Chinese are campaigners and honestly fu** the French. You reckon hitching our wagon to them would help us if sh*t went down in the region? China start or continue to exert more bullying tactics in the region? C'est la vie. The Yanks, for all their foibles are still our best friends. China is increasing post WW2 Soviet Union, just in our time zone.
The human race has always had war and genocide in it. They just attempt to do it more diplomatically (sometimes). Eg There would be a reason the Us have back Afghanistan to the Taliban, we just don’t know the reason

Some of my golfing friends today were talking about post vaccine deaths in Europe. Scotland and Denmark apparently.

I found this

Yawn, more attempts at finding "gotchas" by people that really just don't understand what they're looking at.

Some of my golfing friends today were talking about post vaccine deaths in Europe. Scotland and Denmark apparently.

I found this

Jesus Christ. You're an accountant. Shouldn't you be good with numbers?

The population of Scotland is about 5.6 million.

62,000 people die in Scotland a year (thereabouts).

So about 5,000 people a month will die.

So 5,000 people have died within 28 days (1 month) of receiving a covid vaccine, over a 6 month period.

Over a 6 month period a majority of the population have been vaccinated, with the focus being on the oldest, most vulnerable first.

Do you see where this is going?

They might as well have said 4,000 people that ate a haggis died within 28 days.

The blog you posted has no purpose of existence other than anti vax articles. Please think about whether that is a good source.

Last edited:
The human race has always had war and genocide in it. They just attempt to do it more diplomatically (sometimes). Eg There would be a reason the Us have back Afghanistan to the Taliban, we just don’t know the reason

Yes we do. The US could not afford to stay any longer as the cost in American lives and dollars was getting too much for the American public. Trump promised it and Biden delivered. Over 20 years Afghanistan cost 3,846 US lives and over 2 trillion dollars. Of course no one anticipated that the forces the US armed and trained would collapse as quickly as they did.

Our morons could beat you morons any day, so there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back