Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you come if you can’t cope? Head in sand doesn’t make it go away.
Information is power.

Dude

You were the one desperately trying to convince everyone that Crom was actually just as lethal as the rest.

Your information isn't always the most authentic. That information is only power for being a fool.

Cool story, but my point was more around the time it has taken the State government to get the trains running on the Gawler line (heading into 12 months now) and the makeshift interim measures that can contribute to the high caseload in the northern suburbs.

The trains went off-line (pardon the pun) probably around August 2020 and are still not operational.

Still happy to cede to you the title of oldest poster in the thread. ;)

I can also remember a time when people actually drove Ford Fairlanes on the road and did not have to correspond with them on the internet. :rolleyes:

As for those trains we had a similar story on the Seaford line several years ago. We spent years catching buses then when the electric system did get up and running it was frequently shut down due to signalling failures etc. Hopefully those issues will have been ironed out by the time the Gawler line is electrified.
I can remember catching a train to a Port v Brisbane game five or so years ago. It took me over 90 minutes to get from Brighton to Adelaide due to a computer failure, we sat at Mile End for almost 50 minutes while someone figured out how to override the computer and get the signals on manual.

Happy motoring and tell 'em Bob sent you.

PS Futher to that story I told about that schoolboy game against Adelaide High that was in 1961! I just realised that was less than two years after Port won it's sixth straight Premiership. You are right I am old.

Last edited:

Why do you come if you can’t cope? Head in sand doesn’t make it go away.
Information is power.
You need to stop talking like COVID is something that's ever going to end or go away. Nothing is going to make it go away. It's here to stay. The question is how we choose to live with that.

How many people back then refused vaccines because of what they read on the internet?

I feel I was robbed of the opportunity to get Polio.

272082753_10157915197602574_7241495398770918450_n.jpg

Of course Matt Canavan would be your pin up boy. You reflect his extreme right wing philosophy to a tee.

Apparently I'm now extreme right wing for believing in basic civil liberties that have been assumed in western democracies for centuries.

Extreme right wing is now believing you should be permitted to leave your home and not be placed under arrest for doing so.

Extreme right wing is now believing someone should be free to run a business so that they can feed their kids.

Extreme right wing is now believing that vaccines should absolutely be mandated for people who work in healthcare and aged care and are thus working with vulnerable people on a daily basis but not for 28 year olds who work for accounting firms in the city.

Extreme right wing is now believing that citizens of a country should be permitted to freely move around said country rather than be arbitrarily confined to only certain parts of that country.

If this stuff is now regarded as extreme right wing then I'm happy to wear that label.

Dude

You were the one desperately trying to convince everyone that Crom was actually just as lethal as the rest.

Your information isn't always the most authentic. That information is only power for being a fool.
I dunno, omicron seems to have caused massive problems with our Health Care system as I predicted.

The fact it appears milder is positive and I gave you an apology, did I not, even though I don’t know why I did that apart from wanting to be a decent honest person and giving your pound of flesh.
I had always just urged caution until we knew more one way or the other.

As I said if you want sunshine and roses go and start a Ken will be gone in 10 months thread.
I had been knocked and mocked from the very beginning of 2020 yet here we are…….. 2 years later.

I have avoided to a large degree the footy threads this off season as I felt so devastated at yet another dismal failure at the eleventh hour.

You could do the same with this thread if it is getting you down.

I will share what I see fit.

I have yet to see anyone else apologise for them being wrong though.

Even if we accept that kids are outside all day every day (they’re not) do you think they’re more likely to catch it at the beach or in a classroom filled with 30+ other kids?

Or at coles, woolies, newsagent, mums friends house(s), dads friends house(s), indoor sports, kmart, bigw, on holidays down the cost with mum and dad eating in the bakery etc. They don't get magically locked away when not at school.

I dunno, omicron seems to have caused massive problems with our Health Care system as I predicted.

The fact it appears milder is positive and I gave you an apology, did I not, even though I don’t know why I did that apart from wanting to be a decent honest person and giving your pound of flesh.

As I said if you want sunshine and roses go and start a Ken will be gone in 10 months thread.
I had been knocked and mocked from the very beginning of 2020 yet here we are…….. 2 years later.

I have avoided to a large degree the footy threads this off season as I felt so devastated at yet another dismal failure at the eleventh hour.

Share what you want and I'll call out what I want, yeah you apologised, you didn't have to, but that doesn't mean you won't do the same again.

You were sharing all these articles when they were the scientific minority, yes it has caused trouble but not for the reasons you believed it would, spreading fear and misinformation that it was more transmissible and just as severe.

A large doubt now gets applied to however you choose to interpret information of new strains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A
Share what you want and I'll call out what I want, yeah you apologised, you didn't have to, but that doesn't mean you won't do the same again.

You were sharing all these articles when they were the scientific minority, yes it has caused trouble but not for the reasons you believed it would, spreading fear and misinformation that it was more transmissible and just as severe.

A large doubt now gets applied to however you choose to interpret information of new strains.
Lol a ‘large doubt.’
Exactly what have I interpreted about new strains apart from observing and investigating.
I really don’t care you have large doubt matey.
And ‘calling me out’ lol

View attachment 1313416Says here 294 in hospital
Why are 1.4m still checking in with QR Codes

SA Health are not updating exposure sites and / or contacting people

It is completely pointless and should be scrapped immediately and all existing data pemanently destroyed

That would give Marshmallow a bit more credibility

Last edited:
Apparently I'm now extreme right wing for believing in basic civil liberties that have been assumed in western democracies for centuries.

Extreme right wing is now believing you should be permitted to leave your home and not be placed under arrest for doing so.

Extreme right wing is now believing someone should be free to run a business so that they can feed their kids.

Extreme right wing is now believing that vaccines should absolutely be mandated for people who work in healthcare and aged care and are thus working with vulnerable people on a daily basis but not for 28 year olds who work for accounting firms in the city.

Extreme right wing is now believing that citizens of a country should be permitted to freely move around said country rather than be arbitrarily confined to only certain parts of that country.

If this stuff - things that have been assumed as basic civil liberties in western democracies for centuries - is now regarded as extreme right wing then I'm happy to wear that label.

Who in Australia is getting arrested for leaving home ? Even during lockdown you were able to leave home.
Try running a small business in the east when no one wants to leave home for fear of catching a virus. Did you read the ABC article I posted yesterday? There are small business owners in Melbourne who believe they may as well be in lockdown because they have no customers.

You keep slamming the WA Premier and comparing him to a left wing dictator you even drew an analogy with CCCP a few days back. If you do not like being branded as extreme right maybe you should refrain from labeling those whose policies you do not agree with as extreme left?

Why apologise for being wrong?

Why not just accept things have a range of possibilities and discuss which ones we think are most likely? Its extremely clear that not one person on the planet knows how this will play out.

Who in Australia is getting arrested for leaving home ? Even during lockdown you were able to leave home.
Try running a small business in the east when no one wants to leave home for fear of catching a virus. Did you read the ABC article I posted yesterday? There are small business owners in Melbourne who believe they may as well be in lockdown because they have no customers.

You keep slamming the WA Premier and comparing him to a left wing dictator you even drew an analogy with CCCP a few days back. If you do not like being branded as extreme right maybe you should refrain from labeling those whose policies you do not agree with as extreme left?

If I have the virus and I go out to a cafe and are caught doing so I will be arrested. That is a fact.

Once again I'm not arguing for or against lockdowns v 100,000 cases from an economic standpoint (I am a small business owner and I know both suck equally). It's about the RIGHT to open your business if you choose to do so.

And Mark McGowan's political views are no different from the CCP, he's just in Australia so there's only so far he can take it.

Last edited:
Lots of bitter posters still dreaming of that fantasy job in the public service where you get 40 weeks leave a year, make 200k and don't even have to turn up

Hate to burst their bubble but they get 4 weeks like anyone else, don't get any super leg ups like in the 90's and professional roles are severely underpaid vs. private sector. Almost all roles are now contract based as well. Only the oldest of workers are still on old arrangements.

Still, it's pretty solid for admin/customer facing roles, can pick up 50k a year for those. Lucky to break 40 in private sector.

How many people want to return to the office covid or no covid?. I'll be curious to see how employers handle more requests for WFH for no underlying reason.

Interviewing for 100% remote jobs at the moment :thumbsu:

Still not approved as a booster.

I don't think the Government are too worried about that at the moment because they're hoping to boost the double dose rate. If the legions of people hanging out for Novavax actually exist, then it might push the double dose rate past 95%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back