Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 8: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Went on a cruise to New Zealand end of November with wife brother and sister in law. I got ‘flu’ in last three days tho tested negative for real flu and COVID. Sis in law got it next day and brother and wife a few days later. Brother positive for COVID but rest of us negative. All had runny nose and bad cough for 2-3 weeks Doc on ship said they had not had many others in with bugs

Went on a cruise to New Zealand end of November with wife brother and sister in law. I got ‘flu’ in last three days tho tested negative for real flu and COVID. Sis in law got it next day and brother and wife a few days later. Brother positive for COVID but rest of us negative. All had runny nose and bad cough for 2-3 weeks Doc on ship said they had not had many others in with bugs
my partner got covid mid december, then the kid got it like a week later and we ended up having to skip christmas

somehow I dodged it both times

wife was pretty sick for about 3 days, kid was a bit sick for 2 days but the both tested positive for a while after feeling better

Jeez mate, you take your chances on a floating petrie dish, don't you?

I hope everybody feels ok soon.

* me

My old man had emergency surgery the other week and was in ICU for a bit - making a good recovery now but I took the opportunity to take a week of carer's leave and come over to rural SA to help him transition back to home and just see how it's all going (he lives by himself)- still needing daily dressing changes etc

Anyway, arrive on Sunday and then by Mon evening I got a bit of a sore throat and then *ing wake up Tues morning and I'm starting to get worried cos I can feel something coming on - he has some tests and so I check and *ing goddamn Im COV+ - Spent Tues/Wed feeling *ing awful holed up in my room while I'm supposed to be looking after him. I feel better today and so far he says he's feeling ok but * me I will feel like s**t if I give it to my old man (who has avoided it completely so far)

* me

My old man had emergency surgery the other week and was in ICU for a bit - making a good recovery now but I took the opportunity to take a week of carer's leave and come over to rural SA to help him transition back to home and just see how it's all going (he lives by himself)- still needing daily dressing changes etc

Anyway, arrive on Sunday and then by Mon evening I got a bit of a sore throat and then *ing wake up Tues morning and I'm starting to get worried cos I can feel something coming on - he has some tests and so I check and *ing goddamn Im COV+ - Spent Tues/Wed feeling *ing awful holed up in my room while I'm supposed to be looking after him. I feel better today and so far he says he's feeling ok but * me I will feel like s**t if I give it to my old man (who has avoided it completely so far)
Stay safe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back