News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So out of over 5000 primary close contacts, we’re sitting at roughly 100 infections.

Absolute beast....
Less. Plus no epidemiological evidence that either of the two variants in the latest outbreak are more infectious than the 2nd wave in victoria despite the claims and scaremongering.

So the scorebook is one outbreak due to a breach of quarantine in South Australia over which the state government made much noise and pointed a lot of fingers, and a second outbreak due to a breach of quarantine in Victoria over which they have said practically nothing. We have had a lot of doom and gloom scaremongering with no science to back it up, and now we are still wearing masks outside due to a chance of infection that is probably one in multiple millions.

I get that it is a very difficult challenge and tough decisions have to be made but I am well over the petty political point scoring and bullshit from a state government that has been pretty clearly the worst at responding to the pandemic in the country. Victoria has had breaches of quarantine at 3 times the rate of NSW.

Yep. But close to the mark.

The 2nd one from Raff, sadly no.

I guess the overall quality of journalism over the course of the pandemic, which has ranged from unquestioning sycophancy to the other extreme with little in the middle, has lead us to expect ridiculous questions.

This will be the main discourse soon..

US Intelligence, pfft. The Chinese invented this virus to see if they could take over the world. By weakening the whole world, it makes it easier. We out here are deadset lucky to be on an island with a very good healthcare system. It's been well reported of the Chinese land buy up over here, and who knows how much land they have bought elsewhere around the globe. I wonder of the simple cure for the virus is in baby formula, after all, there was outrage at the snapping up of all the formula by all in Sunbury.

Am I doing this right?
It wouldn't surprise me if it was true, but now the Sepos are spoofing out 500 million doses around the poor parts of the world, they will have at least a decent amount of canon fodder if the Chinese do go all in.
Taiwan of course, would be deadset Donald.

Either way I can't wait for some nicer weather :cool:

Less. Plus no epidemiological evidence that either of the two variants in the latest outbreak are more infectious than the 2nd wave in victoria despite the claims and scaremongering.

So the scorebook is one outbreak due to a breach of quarantine in South Australia over which the state government made much noise and pointed a lot of fingers, and a second outbreak due to a breach of quarantine in Victoria over which they have said practically nothing. We have had a lot of doom and gloom scaremongering with no science to back it up, and now we are still wearing masks outside due to a chance of infection that is probably one in multiple millions.

I get that it is a very difficult challenge and tough decisions have to be made but I am well over the petty political point scoring and bullshit from a state government that has been pretty clearly the worst at responding to the pandemic in the country. Victoria has had breaches of quarantine at 3 times the rate of NSW.

Just about swap you for our Govt on this side of the ditch !
They couldn't deliver Uber eats *

They did to their credit shut the border and go into lockdown. But that was because they got a lot of pressure from their coalition partner and their opponents.
Now their answer to everything is" what a great job we did on Covid".
Really ? You shut the border on an Island nation in the middle of nowhere..not exactly rocket science !
How about all the stuff you promised that you've made an absolute hash of ?

Yep Cindys delivered nothing that she promised....but its ok her wedding date has been announced..so all is ok in the world. the only surprise was that it wasnt scheduled for Election year

oh, and now we have a movie coming starring Rose Byrne as Cindy Ardern............

Its like being Governed by the Womans Weekly !

ps *Not my quote, but i do like it !

US Intelligence, pfft. The Chinese invented this virus to see if they could take over the world. By weakening the whole world, it makes it easier. We out here are deadset lucky to be on an island with a very good healthcare system. It's been well reported of the Chinese land buy up over here, and who knows how much land they have bought elsewhere around the globe. I wonder of the simple cure for the virus is in baby formula, after all, there was outrage at the snapping up of all the formula by all in Sunbury.

Am I doing this right?
It wouldn't surprise me if it was true, but now the Sepos are spoofing out 500 million doses around the poor parts of the world, they will have at least a decent amount of canon fodder if the Chinese do go all in.
Taiwan of course, would be deadset Donald.

Either way I can't wait for some nicer weather :cool:
From June 21st onwards we are on the downhill slide to Summer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not, but you can't really catch and spread alcohol related issues by catching a train or having lunch now can ya.

3 million alcohol related deaths annually globally or what, what's the context there

Disclaimer, I'm drunk. It could be me next :eek:

The context is there is so many things killing people and for some reason we're stuck on this.

My favourite contradiction is when fully vaccinated world leaders meet, they are always socially distancing and get photo ops with masks on..
Gold
Even on the chance they were guaranteed that everyone at the meeting has been fully vaccinated, do you think there any chance political leaders would choose not to be photographed doing the opposite of what they’ve said everyone else should do?

Even on the chance they were guaranteed that everyone at the meeting has been fully vaccinated, do you think there any chance political leaders would choose not to be photographed doing the opposite of what they’ve said everyone else should do?
Of course it’s for optics but it’s still hilarious..
think about it, it goes against everything the vaccine is for just to get a message out to the public.. stupid is as stupid does..

Yep the only way to do it. One case could become two and then six. We must stop the State of Vic dead in its tracks. 3 million people per year die from alcohol related issues.

best stop selling that sh*t as well.

Well you can stick that up your arse. How am I supposed to watch North this year without beer to numb the senses?

My favourite contradiction is when fully vaccinated world leaders meet, they are always socially distancing and get photo ops with masks on..
Gold

That's weird you say that, because no one's wearing masks in the official group photos that I've seen.

I'm also not sure if our PM is fully vaccinated. He probably is, but I can't find anything, and haven't heard anything here about him having received his second dose. And that's the kind of thing that I'd have thought would have been news here, seeing as he's said it'll be AZ again, and right now there's so much hesitancy here around AZ second doses.

Also, you have to understand that most of the rest of the world is still knee deep in this. Cases are rising dramatically again in the UK, with the new Delta variant (the one that's decimating India) accounting for 90% of them. It's a highly transmissible variant, and one vaccine dose is only 30% effective against it. Two doses about 66%. We are still in a race between vaccine rollout and viral mutation. There is very good reason for the G7 leaders to be wearing masks around each other, and to be honest, there's not anything about it that is funny at all.

Also, I hope we keep the elbow bump going as the way of formal greeting after the pandemic. For everyone, not just world leaders. It's a much more fun, less intimidating way of greeting. The eye contact hand shake game needs to die. We need to stop measuring each other.
When you meet older blackfellas and they shake your hand its rarely look you in the eye and squeeze. They always have the gentlest handshakes and they reckon they can learn more about a person that way. These aren't "soft" people either. Former tent boxers, champion footy players (at their local level) and generally hard men when they were young. They just don't tie their masculinity to how hard they can squeeze someone else's hand when they first meet them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back