News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glad to see this young generation playing their part in getting us out of lockdown. They are a smart bunch, smarter than a few here. I’d love to see an antivaxxer go up against a year 12 VCE student who is doing Biology & Chemistry.
My middle boy is doing chemistry, oh and is a national karate champion; I’d like to see that.

Tectonic already pointed out the flaws in that source and the data.

I also think it would be a good idea to dive into the VAERS data itself and not rely on what Desertroo has presented.

'vaers analysis' isn't just an unbiased data dump as the innocuous name would lead you to believe, it's politically loaded. Dive into the website he linked and there's a few pretty loaded posts there. This from the about page:

Screenshot_20210923-222514~2.png

Tectonic already pointed out the flaws in that source and the data.

I also think it would be a good idea to dive into the VAERS data itself and not rely on what Desertroo has presented. Chances are that even if the numbers are legit, there's a risk of some kind of context omission by the website linked.

'vaers analysis' isn't just an unbiased data dump as the innocuous name would lead you to believe, it's politically loaded. Dive into the website he linked and there's a few pretty loaded. This from the about page:

View attachment 1244393

Another long night coming up for all the doctors and nurses in the hospitals trying to help all the un-vaccinated covid19 patients hang in there.

Out of interest will you still have the same opinion in 3 months time when over 90% of Covid cases admitted to hospital will be double dosed vaccinated people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Threatening a two tiered society would have to be up there with the largest acts of coercion I’ve actually heard of.

Its pretty easy mate. Get vaccinated and you will live as close to an unrestricted life as will be possible.

If you choose not to get vaccinated then I don't want you or your ilk anywhere near those who think not just of themselves, but all people on this planet, by getting vaccinated. You will not be welcome anywhere if you don't get vaccinated. We don't want you anywhere near us. That is all.

Its pretty easy mate. Get vaccinated and you will live as close to an unrestricted life as will be possible.

If you choose not to get vaccinated then I don't want you or your ilk anywhere near those who think not just of themselves, but all people on this planet, by getting vaccinated. You will not be welcome anywhere if you don't get vaccinated. We don't want you anywhere near us. That is all.

Hear hear!

Let the selfish campaigners live as pariahs.

You do realise you will catch Covid at some stage in the next few years, most likely from a vaccinated person considering close to 90% of people will be vaccinated.

The level of your sickness will not be determined by whom you caught it from. It will be determined by how effective your immune system can fight it.

Not sure why a vaccinated person would be afraid of an unvaccinated person.

Anyway, I wish we all only catch a mild case at worst when we finally do catch it.

DesertRoo I just did a back of the napkin number crunch on vaers reporting of adverse effects, assuming all those reports are usa based, here is your rate of adverse effect
1632407689158.png

I cannot for the life of me suss out how many total other vaccines have been administered, but if we take into consideration the fact that I could put an adverse affect report into vaers right now if I wanted to, and that this is possibly the biggest vaccination effort ever, I am not sure the raw data as presented is actually as useful as it could be... maybe if instead of totals the blog you referenced could provide the per dose effectsit could be taken a bit more seriously.

It was a simple diagram, taken a whole two seconds to look up, the data is there.. it’s undeniable.
Note that the total number of deaths associated with the COVID-19 vaccines is greater than the number of deaths associated with all other vaccines combined since the year 1990.

Complete misuse and misrepresentation of VAERS data.

"To address the misinformation about VAERS, the CDC shares context around adverse events associated with the COVID-19 vaccines and emphasizes that reports of deaths (and other adverse events) do not necessarily mean the vaccines are to blame. “A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines,” the CDC notes.

Meanwhile, what we do know for sure is that more than 38 million U.S. residents have been infected and 600,000 have died from COVID-19, and the vaccine is one of the best tools to slow the spread of the virus and save lives."

Source: MUHealth.org

"Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 386 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through September 20, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 7,899 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines."

Source: CDC

You consistently promote very poor quality information and analysis because it confirms your basis. That is not critical nor independent thinking.

Out of interest will you still have the same opinion in 3 months time when over 90% of Covid cases admitted to hospital will be double dosed vaccinated people?

Depending on the penetration of fully vaccinated people in the population at the time then your claim is highly unlikely to be true. Even at 90% fully vaccinated it is still highly unlikely that would be the case because we know that unvaccinated people are far, far more likely to experience illness from Covid that requires hospitalisation.

The caveat on this is that if the only people left unvaccinated are completely healthy young adults and 100% of the at-risk population is fully vaccinated then it is possible that the 90/10 split you suggest could eventuate.

Either way, with 90% of the population fully vaccinated we know that the total number of people hospitalised for Covid will be vastly less than it would otherwise be.

The following quotes are from the Royal Australian Association of GP's website:

"Once adjusted for age, results indicated that rates of hospitalisation were 29.2 times higher among the unvaccinated compared to the vaccinated as of 25 July." - in reference to a California based study

"The age-adjusted hospitalisation rate in that study was less dramatic than that found in the Los Angeles research, but still striking. It stood at 23.5 per 100,000 unvaccinated residents compared to 2.4 among those who had gone through the full vaccination process." - in reference to a New York based study

Based on the lower outcome of the two studies it is likely that the split between the vaccinated and unvaccinated in the hospital would be much closer to 50/50, even with 90% of the population fully vaccinated.

Unvaccinated people provide an easier access point for a virus to enter a population and are more likely to infect others.

Last edited:
You consistently promote very poor quality information and analysis because it confirms your basis. That is not critical nor independent thinking.
Can we emphasise this a bit more lol

It’s always the antivaxxers spreading misinformation on here if I can recall about how the vaccine can make you infertile.

What is proven is one of the long term effect of covid is actually erectile dysfunction, you probably didn’t know that because you don’t research. Have fun with your dick not working

Last edited:
So far we have had posters wanting unvaxed people to be shot, beaten, denied health care. Calling them selfish. Implying that they are pedos. Wanting them to be second class citizens and pariahs in their own country.

FMD. What the hell have we become ?

And before you start hen pecking me. I'm fully vaccinated . IMO .Its none of my business what other people do.
But we have a bunch of Mrs Jessups and Mrs Mangels in here and i just don't get it

My middle boy is doing chemistry, oh and is a national karate champion; I’d like to see that.
And has decided to do nursing at Victoria University next year, and has had his first Pfizer s**t.
Amazing that at 17 he is more responsible and grown up than the anti-vaxxers, including our very own here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back