News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is that hard to enforce. Certainly no harder than enforcing ID requirements in licensed venues or QR code check-ins. I also think the prospect of a two-tiered society was instrumental in getting a material number of people to bite the bullet and go and get the vaccine.

Regardless of what happens there's a lot of people that haven't accepted this is a serious pandemic and are conflating their mistrust of the government (and or their personal threshold of lockdowns) with logical medical advice for the betterment of the world they want to return to.

You can't reason with people who are in denial that the world they want to return to can't occur while doing nothing.

That kind of argument is getting a bit kooky. Vaccines are encouraged by politicians & media because they work.

But I fully support people who don't want to have the vaccine, and there should be no repercussions for them in participating in work & society. Anti vaxers should just be able to say, "no, I don't want that medicine". And that is where it lies. There doesn't have to be all this palaver.
I don't support people that don't "want" to have a vaccination. But I do support people that have good reason not to have a vaccination. To say it's ok for people to just say no thanks is condoning coat tail riding.
I dislike scabs in the workplace.
I dislike people who bludge on the social security system.
I dislike seagulls on the footy field who don't go when it's their turn.
And for vaccinations to he effective they require people to bend their backs. Sadly there are to many people who are happy to ride on other people's coat tails.

The whole system is completely screwed here. Just a mish mash collection of half arsed rules, regulations, do's, dont's, maybe's, not sure's, trials etc made up on the go by the bureaucracy wanting to be seen to be doing stuff.
Realistically once the contacts get beyond a manageable amount it's all window dressing. By the way Latrobe shire goes back into lockdown tomorrow again. Were in bawbaw by 3 km. So can't go to any venues in Moe anyway. The whole system is a crapshoot.

So far today (8:00pm) there are 30 tiered sites added to the website. A friend of mine with excellent contacts suggests there are more than 200 sites that should, but have not been listed. What a joke.

So far today (8:00pm) there are 30 tiered sites added to the website. A friend of mine with excellent contacts suggests there are more than 200 sites that should, but have not been listed. What a joke.
As we approach the 7 degrees of separation and the virus becomes more rqmpent it will become impoassable to conduct essential activities without being subject to 14 days self isolation. Time after time

You should go outside the Victorian State Parliament and burn an effigy of Dans Andrew. That should sort things out. :stern look

I don't support people that don't "want" to have a vaccination. But I do support people that have good reason not to have a vaccination. To say it's ok for people to just say no thanks is condoning coat tail riding.
I dislike scabs in the workplace.
I dislike people who bludge on the social security system.
I dislike seagulls on the footy field who don't go when it's their turn.
And for vaccinations to he effective they require people to bend their backs. Sadly there are to many people who are happy to ride on other people's coat tails.

You want a vaccine get it.

You are stuck in a previous mindset.

Does not matter how many people get vaccinated, eradication of covid will never happen.

Therefore the notion that the unvaccinated will kill your vulnerable elderly sickling is short sighted, and clearly biased.

Every single person will eventually be exposed to covid, unvaccinated or not.

For this reason, It's not a collective issue, it's an individual's issue.

The only communal consequence is hospital loading, and that is predominantly mitigated by tbe risk factor of the individual. High risk get the vax, low risk, make your own mind up.

The idea that Healthy, low risk factor demographics getting vaccinated is net helpful over the long term is grossly exaggerated and certain not worth the hassle and mental anguish of mandates and exclusions to this demographic.

It's a waste of vaccine. Send them to places more in need.

Does not matter how many people get vaccinated, eradication of covid will never happen.

Therefore the notion that the unvaccinated will kill your vulnerable elderly sickling is short sighted, and clearly biased.

The only communal consequence is hospital loading, and that is predominantly mitigated by tbe risk factor of the individual. High risk get the vax, low risk, make your own mind up.

The idea that Healthy, low risk factor demographics getting vaccinated is net helpful over the long term is grossly exaggerated and certain not worth the hassle and mental anguish of mandates and exclusions to this demographic.

I dont think you get it. Talk to a nurse. Its about minimising the chance you will add additional load on The health system. Health workers are the ones that benifit. Hardly a waste of vaccines. If we can make their efforts to help us easier.

You correctly state every one will be eventually exposed to covid. So why not acknowledge the overwhelming evidence that the majority of these peoples adverse effets will be lesser after a vaccination course. Therefore lessening the chanve they will need health worker assistance.?

I dont think you get it. Talk to a nurse. Its about minimising the chance you will add additional load on The health system. Health workers are the ones that benifit. Hardly a waste of vaccines. If we can make their efforts to help us easier.

You correctly state every one will be eventually exposed to covid. So why not acknowledge the overwhelming evidence that the majority of these peoples adverse effets will be lesser after a vaccination course. Therefore lessening the chanve they will need health worker assistance.?
It's not worth arguing with this selfish moron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victoria’s hospitals strain under ‘extraordinary’ demand as Covid cases surge | Victoria | The Guardian

So this is what you actually want the future to look like?

Bit of a campaigner of an idea really.

I’ve posted this before, but that article is just showing what’s already theorised the spike protein crosses the BBB.

I was reading somewhere, can't remember where, that a massive gap in our covid treatment is getting people medications (e.g. antivirals) before they end up at the hospital.

It seems to be either you're bad enough to go to the hospital for emergency treatment or you stay home and get no treatment, which isn't at all how we treat other diseases.

Hospitals are teetering. Imagine we let her rip.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Too true. A friend of a friend is a high ranking, long term senior ambo and he is very scared. Reckons the troops are working so hard in hospitals and services, lead by the most incompetent health management he has seen in his almost 40 years.

I was reading somewhere, can't remember where, that a massive gap in our covid treatment is getting people medications (e.g. antivirals) before they end up at the hospital.

It seems to be either you're bad enough to go to the hospital for emergency treatment or you stay home and get no treatment, which isn't at all how we treat other diseases.
Even simple advice as gargling mouthwash, it’s certainly not a cure, and not reason to think you’re invincible but one of those things that ever little bit helps…

Hospitals are teetering. Imagine we let her rip.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I read something from a nsw doc a couple of weeks ago (might’ve been shared in here, can’t remember), he said his hospital had (that week) 4 non covid deaths that under normal circumstances he believed they would have saved but didn’t have the capacity because of the overflow of covid patients. Pretty ****ed up. To think we have whack jobs that don’t want to get vaccinated because of some bullshit they read online or heard from a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back