Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

ive read them all. Recommend you Read the Ian C Esslemont books too as they are lighter and a nice foil to Eriksons work. Best book series ever!!

It’s that sci-fi/fantasy?

Similar to the Magician series? If you have read them

Just read the first book of Feists new series, vol 1 of the Firemane Saga , King Of Ashes.
Not related to the Riftwar series and quite good.

Just read the first book of Feists new series, vol 1 of the Firemane Saga , King Of Ashes.
Not related to the Riftwar series and quite good.

I thought the rift war series ended very poorly.

I don’t read a lot of fantasy but got sucked in many years ago by how good Magician was but unfortunately for me they declined as the series continued

I thought the rift war series ended very poorly.

I don’t read a lot of fantasy but got sucked in many years ago by how good Magician was but unfortunately for me they declined as the series continued
agree. Magician was my favorite book and the first few were good but went downhill from there.

Back on topic though Im hearing a lot of local footy leagues suspending playing and training till around the end of may at least. Hope this doesnt force any clubs to go to the wall especially the ones that rely on cash over the bar to make their seasons.

I’ve pretty much hated Most humans for a while now and this week has just confirmed that opinion 😂.

Absolutely pathetic the way people are carrying on
Be more specific.

Are you talking about people who can genuinely see an horrific situation unfolding unless strict guidelines are enforced and have called you out, or people who are being selfish and panic buying ?

Back on topic though Im hearing a lot of local footy leagues suspending playing and training till around the end of may at least. Hope this doesnt force any clubs to go to the wall especially the ones that rely on cash over the bar to make their seasons.

It’s going to hurt a lot of clubs especially ones that pay sign on fees to tie up players.

They have no rights to get that money back and at present no way to recoup it, and I’d wager most players that sign a sign on aren’t going to give it back

So when the footy season is called off what are we all going to read?

I'll kick off the recommended reading list with The Plague by Albert Camus and Collapse by Jared Diamond (one fiction and one non-fiction). For a glimpse of a post-apocalyptic world there's The Road by Cormac McCarthy. And if you're religiously inclined you could have a crack at the Book of Revelations.

If on the other hand you are looking for something uplifting, and reading is something you only do on Big Footy you could try the audiobook The Beautiful Poetry of Donald Trump (Unabridged) by Robert Sears. Guaranteed to set your spirits twittering. (No, I haven't listened to it. I just loved the title.)

Any other recommendations?

Just want to say that The Road is my favourite book of all time. I can't recommend it enough.

I'll also recommend another of my favourites: Th Beach by Alex Garland (not apocalypse themed, sorry)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive read them all. Recommend you Read the Ian C Esslemont books too as they are lighter and a nice foil to Eriksons work. Best book series ever!!

I find Erikson's work to be difficult to read, and overly fragmentary. I'm a fan of good old fashioned fantasy trash where I can get sucked in and root for the characters.

A good ease for the apocalyptic feeling was going and having a degustation with matched wines with my wife tonight.

Better not cancel the season, I dont want to hear the opinions of anti sports w***ers about it not being so ******* bad...

Raymond E Feist has a series of 20 or so books starting with magician, and I've read most of them (all except the last two). Its the ideal version of the trash I described before. Erikson is far more dense and the scale and challenge of following it is much too much for me.

By far the best of Feist was the Serpentwar Saga (the next major series after Magician, there were a few books in between). Magician was too 'heroic fantasy' for my liking and I could never really enjoy characters who were too perfect.

Another great Feist book is 'Talon of the Silver Hawk' and the two that follow it. I think you'd get around Kaspar MD.

Forward this onto any son of a bitch who's buying more than they should at supermarkets, isn't quarantining when they should or still isn't taking this seriously. Just plain sad and awful:

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back