Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Name a politician that has made decisions to change the world OVER financial decisions?

They are all out for themselves

Obama tried - gun laws

Howard did - gun laws

Peter Garrett - insulation batts (but charlatans screwed the spirit of the idea)

Don’t underestimate the illness/political society we live in mate. 8 months is likely.

Not if they enforce stage 3

Likely if they don’t enforce it properly but most reasonable medical mapping says stage three should have it under control by mid July at worst

And that’s why he will win the next election because he knows who to target

LA and NY don’t like him(apart from their things) because that is where the money is and under the Democrats they knew they were completely safe from having to pay appreciate taxes and could pretty much do whatever they wanted. You can’t judge a nation by who the rich and famous stand behind especially in the Is where it’s more of a what can they do for me society than a socially aware democracy.

Regardless what people think or say Trump is no fool. He picked an Audience he knew he could win with and has continually stuck with them and had them behind him, in fact his numbers are growing so he has proven that in the most arrogant country on earth of you concentrate on that an that alone the people will back you.

I actually get great enjoyment out of him and how much he triggers people and then how little he cares. Politicians to a person are f$cking useless at least he is entertaining. For more evidence look at the woman trying to beat Boris in England. God help us all if Buford like that get into power

I can’t get any enjoy out of anything he does or says.
quite frankly he is just a shocking human being , total narcissist with virtually no redeeming quality .
But I guess “ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder “

Bob Hawke
(Sectioning off a remarkable peninsula of Antarctica that can never be legally mined for oil).
Bob Hawke, the man who allowed Jakarta sovereignty over East Timor, backed the junta in Burma and earned nice consultant fees in Indonesia after he "retired". Died a multi-millionaire. Pretty sad that he's one of the better PMs. We set the bar very low.

quite frankly he is just a shocking human being , total narcissist with virtually no redeeming quality .

"An imbecile at the head of the US government would always be a problem. But this is a calamity"

Why is it that the people returning from overseas get put up in luxury hotels for 14 days and I'm stuck in my rather simple bungalow while self-isolating? Do they get room service? I don't even have a cleaner anymore. If I go over to a hotel with my passport and feign an Aussie accent, do you think I can get one? Are they paid for by the government? If so, I want to stay at the Treasury on Collins Boutique Hotel. Only $754 per night. Cheap!

Last edited:
"An imbecile at the head of the US government would always be a problem. But this is a calamity"

LOL, quoting the Guardian.

China and the WHO's chief: Hold them both accountable for pandemic

© Getty Images
The World Health Organization (WHO) last week finally declared the coronavirus from China that rapidly spread across the world a pandemic. Now, with more than 150,000 confirmed cases globally and more than 5,700 deaths, the question is why it took so long for the WHO to perceive what many health officials and governments had identified far earlier.
We believe the organization’s director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, like China’s Xi Jinping, should be held accountable for recklessly managing this deadly pandemic. Tedros apparently turned a blind eye to what happened in Wuhan and the rest of China and, after meeting with Xi in January, has helped China to play down the severity, prevalence and scope of the COVID-19 outbreak.
From the outset, Tedros has defended China despite its gross mismanagement of the highly contagious disease. As the number of cases and the death toll soared, the WHO took months to declare the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic, even though it had met the criteria of transmission between people, high fatality rates and worldwide spread.

When President Trump took a critical step to stop the coronavirus at U.S. borders by issuing a travel ban as early as Jan. 31, Tedros said widespread travel bans and restrictions were not needed to stop the outbreak and could “have the effect of increasing fear and stigma, with little public health benefit.” He warned that interfering with transportation and trade could harm efforts to address the crisis, and advised other countries not to follow the U.S. lead.

Why is it that the people returning from overseas get put up in luxury hotels for 14 days and I'm stuck in my rather simple bungalow while self-isolating? Do they get room service? I don't even have a cleaner anymore. If I go over to a hotel with my passport and feign an American accent, do you think I can get one? Are they paid for by the government? If so, I want to stay at the Treasury on Collins Boutique Hotel. Only $754 per night. Cheap!
Agreed - please have my room doggy

Lol he is no doubt a king sized twat but I must admit I do get a giggle out of how much he annoys some people and especially some aussies that have zero to do with most of what he does.

And hey come on that comb over!!!! If anything you have to give love for that, it’s magnificent

Lol he is no doubt a king sized twat but I must admit I do get a giggle out of how much he annoys some people and especially some aussies that have zero to do with most of what he does.

And hey come on that comb over!!!! If anything you have to give love for that, it’s magnificent

Yep sorry , you are right !
that would he home to a number of native animals.
i suspect some have made it into the inner sanctum 😜

Psychopath (I should know )

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Bob Hawke, the man who allowed Jakarta sovereignty over East Timor, backed the junta in Burma and earned nice consultant fees in Indonesia after he "retired". Died a multi-millionaire. Pretty sad that he's one of the better PMs. We set the bar very low.
True. But he did bring in gun laws.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it that the people returning from overseas get put up in luxury hotels for 14 days and I'm stuck in my rather simple bungalow while self-isolating? Do they get room service? I don't even have a cleaner anymore. If I go over to a hotel with my passport and feign an Aussie accent, do you think I can get one? Are they paid for by the government? If so, I want to stay at the Treasury on Collins Boutique Hotel. Only $754 per night. Cheap!
Yeah. And they're complaining! Give me a couple weeks at Rottnest. I'd be rapt (as long as a few quokkas visited my window!)

Yes. I must admit he's hilarious. Did you hear him call it the King Flu from Chin-A? We've been pissing ourselves about that all week.

And what's with the white circles around his eyes? No tanning lotion allowed in that area?

Yeah. And they're complaining! Give me a couple weeks at Rottnest. I'd be rapt (as long as a few quokkas visited my window!)

I visited Rottnest once the year I lived in Perth. I found the quokkas friendlier than the people of Perth. :p

I visited Rottnest once the year I lived in Perth. I found the quokkas friendlier than the people of Perth. :p
They are characters.

I loved Perth/WA. Would move there if it wasn't so far away. But then again I was last there before Fremantle FC existed and the Claremont Killer hadn't struck!

(I hope you're ok Chicago - the offer still stands so don't forget.)

why am I not surprised you find antagonising people fun Matt??!! Lol.

not attacking you here either knackers. Commenting in jest.

Not if they enforce stage 3

Likely if they don’t enforce it properly but most reasonable medical mapping says stage three should have it under control by mid July at worst

What does "having it under control" actually look like? I'm sceptical of anyone who thinks they can predict when this will be under control. Its a living, evolving, frequently mutating virus. No one knows what the virus itself will look like by July. It could adapt to counter some of the methods we put in place to stop it. We are stuck with this virus in some form perhaps for the rest of human existence. Things will never go back to how they were before this pandemic.

What does "having it under control" actually look like? I'm sceptical of anyone who thinks they can predict when this will be under control. Its a living, evolving, frequently mutating virus. No one knows what the virus itself will look like by July. It could adapt to counter some of the methods we put in place to stop it. We are stuck with this virus in some form perhaps for the rest of human existence. Things will never go back to how they were before this pandemic.

Lol such dread and finality

This isn’t the first pandemic and won’t be the last.

In fact it’s not even close to the worst pandemic we have had so sorry if I don’t hold your world has changed for ever stance.

Lol such dread and finality

This isn’t the first pandemic and won’t be the last.

In fact it’s not even close to the worst pandemic we have had so sorry if I don’t hold your world has changed for ever stance.

Not dread or finality at all. I think things will turn out fine eventually and that humanity will be better off for this lesson. I just think it's naive to think we will just go into lockdown for X amount of weeks and then it'll be all over. We will have to learn how to coexist with this virus now and its inevitable that it will significantly and permanently change the way we live and the way our society is structured.

You're right that this isn't the first and very likely won't be the last. Neither of those two things renders my prediction invalid. I'm not claiming that this will annihilate our species or collapse our civilisation but it will certainly force us to adapt to be able to live with it.

The only way I could imagine that we are ever able to be in control of this virus would be through the development of a vaccine. However, there is absolutely no guarantee we will ever have a vaccine for this thing. We don't have a vaccine for the flu or the common cold or HIV etc.
And even if we did develop a vaccine and start mass producing it, even the most of optimistic estimates put that at about two years away.

So what I'd like to know, if you're willing to engage with me rationally, is by what mechanism do you think we can have this virus under control in a matter of months?

Not dread or finality at all. I think things will turn out fine eventually and that humanity will be better off for this lesson. I just think it's naive to think we will just go into lockdown for X amount of weeks and then it'll be all over. We will have to learn how to coexist with this virus now and its inevitable that it will significantly and permanently change the way we live and the way our society is structured.

You're right that this isn't the first and very likely won't be the last. Neither of those two things renders my prediction invalid. I'm not claiming that this will annihilate our species or collapse our civilisation but it will certainly force us to adapt to be able to live with it.

The only way I could imagine that we are ever able to be in control of this virus would be through the development of a vaccine. However, there is absolutely no guarantee we will ever have a vaccine for this thing. We don't have a vaccine for the flu or the common cold or HIV etc.
And even if we did develop a vaccine and start mass producing it, even the most of optimistic estimates put that at about two years away.

So what I'd like to know, if you're willing to engage with me rationally, is by what mechanism do you think we can have this virus under control in a matter of months?

Because every responsible medical expert I’ve listened to says we IN AUSTRALIA can contain this in that ten period if we isolate sufficiently and continue to keep outside infections out.

Being an island and having a relatively low population spread over a vast area they all say this is entirely plausible for us.

The rest of the world could be different but I’m not referring to them.

And their will be a vaccine for this in early 2021 as several are being fastttached as we speak and the whole world is pushing them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back