Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect the numbers to go beyond 600/day, before they come down again, IF they come down again. Crushing a breakout of that size, would be some achievement, which I doubt will be done. IF Dan can do it, I will be shocked. Shocked!

Australia has always maintained a goal of flattening the curve and not elimination. It did appear elimination was possible but not with some decisions that were made. The security guard company chosen instead of police/healthcare workers, being an obvious one. Lack of laws allowing mandatory testing is a big issue too.

I suspect that a multi ringed lockdown around Melbourne may be needed. Truck drivers will need to keep Australia moving.

I expect the numbers to go beyond 600/day, before they come down again, IF they come down again. Crushing a breakout of that size, would be some achievement, which I doubt will be done. IF Dan can do it, I will be shocked. Shocked!

Australia has always maintained a goal of flattening the curve and not elimination. It did appear elimination was possible but not with some decisions that were made. The security guard company chosen instead of police/healthcare workers, being an obvious one. Lack of laws allowing mandatory testing is a big issue too.

I suspect that a multi ringed lockdown around Melbourne may be needed. Truck drivers will need to keep Australia moving.

Obviously big numbers today with delay on information seems to be a modus operandi by Dan when bad news is coming. Hope it is nowhere near 600 think more like 200 . I expect an announcement all schools will not go back after holidays and we are only a day or so away from a full lockdown for Melbourne,

I hope they divide greater Melbourne with the rest of the state and give some of the country areas a green light if they have little or no cases.

Obviously big numbers today with delay on information seems to be a modus operandi by Dan when bad news is coming. Hope it is nowhere near 600 think more like 200 . I expect an announcement all schools will not go back after holidays and we are only a day or so away from a full lockdown for Melbourne,

I hope they divide greater Melbourne with the rest of the state and give some of the country areas a green light if they have little or no cases.

It will take a few weeks to get this under control IF they manage to do so.
19x today and then 2xx tomorrow and then so on. In 3 weeks, we will know IF we can get it under control or not. IMO Passing ~1,000 cases/day, there is no going back.

Dan Andrews is solely to blame for this now

allowed rent a cops to guard the people that have infected everyone and then one family has ruined the state.

wont be out of this before Christmas now

Playing the blaming game for people getting infected by a virulent disease seems a little bit childish.

The reason this happened was because of failures at multiple levels.

The amount of oversea arrivals coming back was too much for the government to keep an eye on without outside help. That help turned out to be wrong. That's why other States are asking the Federal Government to put caps in place now.

As for the people asking why we didn't ask the Australian Federal Police for help like New South Wales; how much manpower do you think that they have left over after being contracted by another major state? The obvious answer is little to none.

So the other State have come up with a solution we all should have had from the very start. Limit oversea arrivals so their resources don't get dangerously overextended.

Playing the blaming game for people getting infected by a virulent disease seems a little bit childish.

The reason this happened was because of failures at multiple levels.

The amount of oversea arrivals coming back was too much for the government to keep an eye on without outside help. That help turned out to be wrong. That's why other States are asking the Federal Government to put caps in place now.

As for the people asking why we didn't ask the Australian Federal Police for help like New South Wales; how much manpower do you think that they have left over after being contracted by another major state? The obvious answer is little to none.

So the other State have come up with a solution we all should have had from the very start. Limit oversea arrivals so their resources don't get dangerously overextended.

Andrews fault plain and simple

He had 100s of psos and trainee police at his Disposal which is what NSW did with management help from the feds.

also didn’t add days onto overseas travellers that wouldn’t take a test like NSW did.

Then he stands there And tries to deflect by blaming people for getting complacent.

Never voted in my life but I will be next time to get rid of this pillock

Andrews fault plain and simple

He had 100s of psos and trainee police at his Disposal which is what NSW did with management help from the feds.

also didn’t add days onto overseas travellers that wouldn’t take a test like NSW did.

Then he stands there And tries to deflect by blaming people for getting complacent.

Never voted in my life but I will be next time to get rid of this pillock

That's a really embarrassing admission MD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Andrews is solely to blame for this now

allowed rent a cops to guard the people that have infected everyone and then one family has ruined the state.

wont be out of this before Christmas now
I haven’t been following every report so this is a genuine question. Are all the cases being reported attributable directly OR indirectly to the security service stuff up in quarantine hotels?

if not 100% of them, what proportion are?

I haven’t been following every report so this is a genuine question. Are all the cases being reported attributable directly OR indirectly to the security service stuff up in quarantine hotels?

At the moment:
Less than 50% but still a significant number, ie above 10%. - source, interview on ABC radio with medical offical 3 days ago.

The vast majority are from one family of 2 guards at the Ramada.

They can directly be linked to a “gathering” that they went to which links to every single top spot in Melbourne.

Just effin great. At least my kidney doctor appt on Thurs will be a phone call now. Last week's urine/blood tests seem OK according to my GP who rang me today. But I have two neurologists appts next month at St Vincent's that I wanted to go to in person. Phone call conversations can not take the place of physical exams that I need, to know if my disease has progressed.

On a positive note, I did order more toilet paper last week. And... my haircut makes me look a bit respectful now if I have to go to hospital. ;)

Where is this reported?

Do the research it’s not hard, look at the areas and a schools involved and then expand from there.

Or even better ask a nurse or doctor who won’t give you the party line spin. I have good friends who both work at Sunshine and know the truth. They have no reason to lie or agendas to push other than wanting tis over like the rest of us.

Why is there hardly none on the other side of town or in the country?

we were in line with the rest of the country until this happened

Anyway I’m off to visit my mum who I have hardly seen since this started because I want to keep her safe.

Stay safe people As long as Dan is in charge we are not getting past this

I really do not I know. If I was Donald Trump stop testing.Not serious However a few suggestions get more armed forces in, improve turnaround times from testing to results, identify any similar close living arrangements and test them, introduce tougher penalties fines for people refusing testing, introduce compulsory masks on public transport, make the safest place for people to shop public (none or very few cases traced to the area).
Your wish is Dan's command. Going balls out to get on top of it now.

Anyway I’m off to visit my mum who I have hardly seen since this started because I want to keep her safe.

Stay safe people As long as Dan is in charge we are not getting past this

Imagine not voting your entire life and instead choosing to spam internet forums with baseless complaints about the current Government. That would be a satirical level of hypocrisy. That would make you a caricature.

Imagine not voting your entire life and instead choosing to spam internet forums with baseless complaints about the current Government. That would be a satirical level of hypocrisy. That would make you a caricature.

Cowardly and lazy even.

"look at the areas and a schools involved and then expand from there."

I agree with this. And Dan Andrews was at pains to say that no one can point the finger at any religion as the source of this outbreak after a certain college was mentioned - that basically sealed the deal for me.

The Chief Medical Officer explained it away by saying that there are older kids at this college who have taken it home and it's spread through the families & community....he said these older kids may not show symptoms, plus they muck around like kids of their ages do & it spreads. Well can I ask, why has it only spread through this college and not every other high school in Melbourne? Because these people didn't take it seriously and follow the first lock down restrictions, that's why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back