Conspiracy Theory Coronavirus: Origins

Thoughts on COVID-19? (Choose 2 options)

• It's a naturally occurring virus

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • It came from a Chinese laboratory

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • It came from a US/other laboratory

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • It's dangerous and harsh restrictions are necessary

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • Not dangerous enough to warrant harsh restrictions

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • It's basically another flu, so restrictions are silly

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Judge, I certainly wouldn't convict you beyond reasonable doubt without any evidence that's for sure.

If someone here (or anywhere) makes a claim about an event or truth, I want to see the evidence so I can make my own mind up.

For example in this thread, I conceded I was wrong about Imperial college predictions, when presented with evidence.

It's what I don't get with all the conspiracy nutters in here. All prepared to ignore overwhelming independently verifiable evidence (from multiple unconnected sources, globally), and actual science, and actual editorially fact checked news reports in favour of outlandish global conspiracies, supported by no credible evidence at all, and tenuous links, based on the ravings of internet crazies, and far right wing agitators (and more than a few Russian bots).

This is how that looks:

View attachment 1018707[

As a investigator of a crime. I certainly wouldnt be surprised when the person who committed the crime dont investigate themselves for the crime and then hand over the evidence that proves them guilty

Do you really expect the the govermment that committed to 1 policy to research itself to see if it failed in other areas and then publically annoucne it?

The argument doesnt make any sense. Believe it or not, Im not eagerly awaiting for those who made the mistake, to investigate themselves and find a guilty verdict. Its not realistic. Only way that will happen as I said is the eye test because lord knows the government isnt telling us the truth anytime soon.

As a investigator of a crime. I certainly wouldnt be surprised when the person who committed the crime dont investigate themselves for the crime and then hand over the evidence that proves them guilty

No, I'm asking you for evidence.

You're the one making assertions. I'd like you to back it up with evidence.

Surely Sweden, the USA or Brazil have something to justify their 'no lock downs' policy. Find it for me, and lets see if its compelling.

Exact same ballpark.

Your definition of an emergency is a virus existing somewhere in the world that would kill Australians IF it got out in the community.

So Ebola meets your exact definition.

No, you're comparing apples with oranges.

Ebola (while extremely deadly with a 50 percent or higher mortality rate) is only spread via direct contact with body fluids. It's easily contained in any developed country (precisely 1 person got infected in the USA, and they contained it straight away).

The outbreak lasted for 3 years, was largely contained to West Africa, and killed 11,000 people out of around 26,000 infected.

COVID (while not as deadly, with an average mortality of around 3 percent) is spread via an airborne vector, with the virus able to survive on surfaces for some time. The USA has been completely unable to control it.

The outbreak has been going on for roughly 10 months, is prevalent globally, has infected 39 million people, and has killed 1.42 million (and rising), projecting 2.8 million deaths by the end of this year alone.

Not even the same ballpark. If Ebola got into Oz, we could manage it easily. If COVID got in, it would spread like wildfire short of draconian measures to stop it.

Alright. So this is happening.

View attachment 1018669View attachment 1018670

I believe written contact tracing is also viable.

I have essentially no choice here. Literally can't go anywhere social if I don't go along with it. Get invited somewhere, "sorry can't go, don't have the app". This isn't much different from the amount of tracking our phones already do but this is going straight to the government rather than a corporation. Spitty_the_alpaca you'll love all this.

I'll have to pick my battles and I'm willing to let this one go to win the war. It's become a strategic play by play.
I still would be able to bypass this, under my my current situation i am untraceable.

Shopkeepers are not going to be keeping track of who has legit scanned their phones or not.

No, I'm asking you for evidence.

You're the one making assertions. I'd like you to back it up with evidence.

Surely Sweden, the USA or Brazil have something to justify their 'no lock downs' policy. Find it for me, and lets see if its compelling.

Im making a prediction. You are the one calling it game over 1 year in to a 10 year problem. We are not even close to the end of this. The true measure will be in 2030 if we are being fair dinkum here.

Ebola (while extremely deadly with a 50 percent or higher mortality rate) is only spread via direct contact with body fluids. It's easily contained in any developed country (precisely 1 person got infected in the USA, and they contained it straight away).

The outbreak lasted for 3 years, was largely contained to West Africa, and killed 11,000 people out of around 26,000 infected.

COVID (while not as deadly, with an average mortality of around 3 percent) is spread via an airborne vector, with the virus able to survive on surfaces for some time.

The outbreak has been going on for roughly 10 months, is prevalent globally, has infected 39 million people, and has killed 1.42 million (and rising), projecting 2.8 million deaths by the end of this year alone.

Not even the same ballpark. If Ebola got into Oz, we could manage it easily. If COVID got in, it would spread like wildfire short of draconian measures to stop it.

This is just a nice way of saying "If you are white you wont get sick so that means its not a issue"

Here is my prediction:

A Vaccine (many of them) will be rolled out middle of next year, and we will be back to normal mostly by the end of 2021 (which is the time Airlines are banking on for the return of international travel).

And the trillions in extra money will turn into dust, never to be paid back again, the supply cycle that has fallen over will magically fix itself leaving the worlds food security completely unharmed, the pharmaceutical capacity for drug making will magically be unaffected, the nursing sector will return to its exact previous state with no issues, the US food insecurity will return to the EXACT figures it was in July 2019, every person who was sacked in 2020 will get their job back, those who committed suicide due to the mental stress of the pandemic will come back to life, the Western society will forget China bore the disease and pretend it never happened?

Can keep going with those btw. Got a few hours of reading time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the trillions in extra money will turn into dust, never to be paid back again, the supply cycle that has fallen over will magically fix itself leaving the worlds food security completely unharmed, the pharmaceutical capacity for drug making will magically be unaffected, the nursing sector will return to its exact previous state with no issues, the US food insecurity will return to the EXACT figures it was in July 2019, every person who was sacked in 2020 will get their job back, those who committed suicide due to the mental stress of the pandemic will come back to life, the Western society will forget China bore the disease and pretend it never happened?

Yeah, basically, other than people forgetting where it came from, and people coming back to life.

Life goes on mate.

Doesnt apply to me? Seriously?

I was backpacking in South America when Rona hit, and had to fork out 6,000 bucks on 7 flights (3 of which were cancelled) just to get home. My South American holiday was cut short by months and my new Swiss travel girlfriend also had to return home to Switzerland, tearing us apart.

I've now been doing 9 months of a long distance relationship with a stunningly beautiful and amazing girl a fair whack younger than me, while I hope to God some Swiss douchebag doesn't ride up to her house on a Cow and sweep her off her feet with 'Federer and Chill'. We Skype every day and it's killing me.

My friends wedding in Frieberg Germany in June of this year had to be postponed, and put off to next year, and I might not be able to get to that.

My mother (who lost her husband to brain cancer last year) was stuck in Melbourne during lockdown and it nearly broke her, and I couldn't get to her (or her me) due to WA's hard border. My own depression was exacerbated following the death of my brother a few years ago. I now work in DV assisting people who have suffered from the increased DV caused by lockdowns (we're using a grant of money provided by the Government for this purpose). My roomate's partner is in Adelaide, and they were also forced to do long distance for yonks due to WA's hard border. I did my time in quarrantine, and this whole thing has cost me probably ten thousand of dollars in flights, accommodation and other out of pocket expenses.

I could go on mate, but this sh*t has affected me as well, and I'm more than mindful of the effect it has on others. I'm in my 40's and in my prime 'neck myself' years. It's not like I'm sitting here having a great time while others suffer.

Even in the above context, I would rather do it the way we have, over the way the Yanks have gone about it.

Is our system perfect? No I don't think so; some of the Border closures and International travel bans go too far (I'd like to be able to travel internationally as long as I quarantine in an approved quarantine facility on my return, and pass a COVID test at the end for example). We need more money in mental health, and elsewhere to mitigate the fallout. But I would take all the above over what I see happening in the UK or USA any day of the week.

Dont sit there and preach to me that It aint affecting me as well though, or make absurd claims that 'corona isn't happening'. You dont know me at all.
Gave you a like for the 'Federer and chill' comment. I lol'd at that.

I think home quarantine with ankle monitoring is a better option than HQ and cheaper too. That would be my preference if I was traveling.

COVID (while not as deadly, with an average mortality of around 3 percent) is spread via an airborne vector, with the virus able to survive on surfaces for some time. The USA has been completely unable to control it.

Cool.

All based on IF, not that it’s actually in the community.

So how does the emergency end?

Gave you a like for the 'Federer and chill' comment. I lol'd at that.

Seriously bro. She's that Swiss. She eats chocolate for breakfast, while half a dozen cookoo clocks tick behind her, lives on a Cow farm (with the bells) in the mountains, in a village in her Canton, and loves the local pocket knives.

If she was was any more Swiss, they'd feature her on the National flag.

Do love it though

"We need to lock down to save lives"

to

Life goes on mate.

Talk about a backflip.

That's not a backflip. Its saying we need to harden up; this will end (or become more manageable) one day, and one day soon. I expect limited international travel by the middle of next year.

If we dont harden up collectively, and go the way of the USA, we're looking at hundreds of deaths daily. The USA has a population roughly 15 times more than us, yet also has a death toll 260 times higher. If we went the same route, we'd have nearly 20,000 dead by now (and rising).

I don't give a sh*t if you do. It's true.
Of course you care, that's why you make these claims, about being in the military, studying law, traveling Europe and meeting beautiful women.

In a thread about a (supposed) worldwide pandemic and government actions related to it.

On a board filled with people who you have banned from the main board for discussing these topics.

There's something amusing about that: you ban us from other boards for sharing our honest views about this 'pandemic'.

Then you come to this board to tell us about being a tough military guy and having a cute Euro girlfriend.

Lol. I'm embarrassed I used to take you seriously.

Cool.

All based on IF, not that it’s actually in the community.

So how does the emergency end?

The emergency ends in 12 months after the date of proclamation (as per the Act I cited above) unless extended by Parliament.

It likely gets extended, with a monthly review date imposed.

I anticipate it ending when Australia approaches herd immunity via vaccination.

That's not a backflip. Its saying we need to harden up; this will end (or become more manageable) one day, and one day soon. I expect limited international travel by the middle of next year.

If we dont harden up collectively, and go the way of the USA, we're looking at hundreds of deaths daily. The USA has a population roughly 15 times more than us, yet also has a death toll 260 times higher. If we went the same route, we'd have nearly 20,000 dead by now (and rising).

We are defining WE as two different things since im also including a more global perspective to the WE. I tend to think Australia will be fine but everyone else is doomed and the lockdowns are the cause moreso then the disease itself when its all said and done.

Im just hoping in 2030 we can all sit back to properly quantify all this with well actual stats and evidence (ie. its not swept under the rug as meaningless) but im fully expecting the lockdown kills 10x more people then the disease itself

Of course you care, that's why you make these claims, about being in the military, studying law, traveling Europe and meeting beautiful women.

Which is all true, but honestly, I don't care if you believe me or not.

I'm not the weirdo who thinks COVID is all made up by some shadow cabal behind the scenes, which tells me all I need to know about how things are going your way.

10× is conservative given that 1.5m they claim isnt close to accurate and how far reaching lockdowns reach compared to the virus.

Dying of and dying with are very different. It shouldnt even be listed if an 85 year old with any number of ailments has covid as well. Farcical the carry on for corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back