Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. (Thread part 1 - cont in part 2, link in thread)

Has the coronavirus outbreak made you reconsider attending the footy

• Yes

Votes: 285 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 350 55.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
40-something year old doctor in the US critically unwell.

47 year old paramedic died in Italy last night.

UK's youngest victim so far also died overnight, mid 50's police officer.

Arnold has spoken - and his miniature horses.....

Of course that’s your answer. You have no idea. Troll, just a primary school troll
Try reading instead of just seeing the sunrise headlines and buying 5 years worth of toilet paper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/5799586/italy-coronavirus-outbreak/?amp=true

Yet some health officials believe that the virus arrived in Italy long before the first case was discovered. “The virus had probably been circulating for quite some time,”

Before the first case was reported, there was an unusually high number of pneumonia cases recorded at a hospital in Codogno in northern Italy, the head of the emergency ward Stefano Paglia told the newspaper La Repubblica, suggesting it is possible patients with the virus were treated as if they had a seasonal flu. Health facilities hosting these patients could have become sites for infection, helping proliferate the spread of the virus.

Because the virus spread undetected, some officials believe this is the reason for such a high number of cases in the country. “This started unnoticed which means by the time we realized it, there were a lot of transmission chains happening,”

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/12028458

When the coronavirus outbreak began, Iran's leaders confidently predicted their country's immunity.

They refused to implement quarantines, saying it was a practice from the Stone Age.

As the coronavirus crisis unfolded, religious leaders kept Islamic holy sites open

The holy city of Qom, where many pilgrims visit, has been the epicentre, but clerics did not shut shrines or prevent crowds gathering.

Some pilgrims filmed themselves licking a holy shrine to prove it was safe.

They eat bats as food you racist

Who's being racist you dimwit?

The Virus started in a Wet Market in China, likely from an exotic animal where the virus mutated and passed to Humans. I said Wet markets globally should be shut down as they are unsanitary.

You are way above your IQ level.

Advertising spots would already be locked away I would imagine.
Yeah I think it's usually 1-2 weeks ahead.

I reckon though that the broadcasters will be seeing how they can maximise in-game advertising. i.e using AR to create "virtual advertising tarps" to cover all the empty seats.

Things are going to go into lock-down. CDC in USA is now advising that meetings in excess of 50 people be halted. Apparently some states are enforcing the closing of bars and restaurants . We're heading the same way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things are going to go into lock-down. CDC in USA is now advising that meetings in excess of 50 people be halted. Apparently some states are enforcing the closing of bars and restaurants . We're heading the same way.

Yeah LA just announced closing of restaurants, bars, gyms, cinemas

Let's hope this is sensationalist.

As a 15% hospitalization rate would mean 2.25m Australian's needing to be admitted to hospital in the next month. The health system would collapse under that demand. Even 1/4 of that number is an issue...

200.gif

To me it sticks out like dog's balls....Gil is waiting and hoping until someone else makes the decision to abort the season. Then it won't be his fault.

That's the hope, I had a sneaky suspicion with zero factual information of course lol.

That with what's on the horizon at least we can keep the AFL trending in the media for as long as possible

I think the Government is preparing everyone for a lock-down scenario. The problem is that can only be done for maybe a maximum of four weeks until we will have social order problems and everyone goes crazy. It is all about timing it for maximum benefit.

No they didn't.
While the NBA has a plan to extend the season when they know for sure at what point they can resume, they postponed the season as soon as it became known Rudy Gobert had tested positive. The Utah-OKC game on March 12th where he discovered he were positive was called off about 30 minutes before tipoff. Planned games with no crowds were scheduled by Golden State but they never occurred.

Lol I tried to tell this bloke that but he was too busy stroking his ego so I let it go

Try reading instead of just seeing the sunrise headlines and buying 5 years worth of toilet paper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/5799586/italy-coronavirus-outbreak/?amp=true

Yet some health officials believe that the virus arrived in Italy long before the first case was discovered. “The virus had probably been circulating for quite some time,”

Before the first case was reported, there was an unusually high number of pneumonia cases recorded at a hospital in Codogno in northern Italy, the head of the emergency ward Stefano Paglia told the newspaper La Repubblica, suggesting it is possible patients with the virus were treated as if they had a seasonal flu. Health facilities hosting these patients could have become sites for infection, helping proliferate the spread of the virus.

Because the virus spread undetected, some officials believe this is the reason for such a high number of cases in the country. “This started unnoticed which means by the time we realized it, there were a lot of transmission chains happening,”

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/12028458

When the coronavirus outbreak began, Iran's leaders confidently predicted their country's immunity.

They refused to implement quarantines, saying it was a practice from the Stone Age.

As the coronavirus crisis unfolded, religious leaders kept Islamic holy sites open

The holy city of Qom, where many pilgrims visit, has been the epicentre, but clerics did not shut shrines or prevent crowds gathering.

Some pilgrims filmed themselves licking a holy shrine to prove it was safe.
That’s your proof Italy is an outlier? Because it had been spreading undected for some time? What do you think is happening here dumbo? And sure Iran thought they were immune because of Allah, but the same thing happened there - they announced deaths before anyone even tested positive for it. What does that tell you? That it had been circuiting for weeks!
You have no idea. You’ve just gone to google for half an hour to try to find something to support your dumb arse theory. Jog off. You have zero idea of what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back