Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of the guy's close contacts (housemates, probably) have been put into quarantine. Good move.

Seems like the contact tracing is going well. I would expect a few cases to pop up over the coming days however. Let's see.

Before the presser I was listening to Norman Swan. Re: the South African variant, the vaccines seem to be only about 60% effective against it. He fully expects it will be a case of having an annual shot as the virus mutates, same as the flu.

A few of the guy's close contacts (housemates, probably) have been put into quarantine. Good move.

Seems like the contact tracing is going well. I would expect a few cases to pop up over the coming days however. Let's see.

Before the presser I was listening to Norman Swan. Re: the South African variant, the vaccines seem to be only about 60% effective against it. He fully expects it will be a case of having an annual shot as the virus mutates, same as the flu.
Yeah I think it’s pretty likely that will be the case

Heard 5, 17 and 27 cases lol so glad it wasn’t the case.

Am i allowed to head into work to grab my computer? My work is sitting on their ass about this.

Also as im seperated from my wife am i allowed to see my child? As in he can stay with me for a certain amount of time and then back to his mum?
You can go into work to get your computer as long as you wear a mask.

Heard 5, 17 and 27 cases lol so glad it wasn’t the case.

Am i allowed to head into work to grab my computer? My work is sitting on their ass about this.

Also as im seperated from my wife am i allowed to see my child? As in he can stay with me for a certain amount of time and then back to his mum?
My work made us get it yesterday but can’t see why you couldn’t

And you are most definitely allowed to see the child, it will all depend on your relationship with your ex truth be told

My work made us get it yesterday but can’t see why you couldn’t

And you are most definitely allowed to see the child, it will all depend on your relationship with your ex truth be told

Relationship is solid in regards to seeing my child we were both just unsure what we do as we live separately and want to do the right thing. He is only 3 but we were just going to do facetime for the 5 days and hope this covid case blows over.

I wonder how many people will baulk at having the Astrazeneca vaccine and wait till they can get the Pfizer or Novovax ones.
Probably got a couple months to think about it but I'm considering it.

I wonder how many people will baulk at having the Astra Zeneca vaccine and wait till they can get the Pfizer or Novovax ones.
Probably got a couple months to think about it but I'm considering it.
Pfizer is for Phase 1A only, that's all we've got enough supply for. Unless you're in that category you won't have a choice.*

*Have we ordered more Pfizer?

Pfizer is for Phase 1A only, that's all we've got enough supply for. Unless you're in that category you won't have a choice.*

*Have we ordered more Pfizer?
I assume they will try and get more Pfizer, you're right it will run out before it gets to me but I am nearing the age at which the Germans and the French have raised doubts over the effectiveness of Astraveneca.
Novovax it is then. :mask:

I assume they will try and get more Pfizer, you're right it will run out before it gets to me but I am nearing the age at which the Germans and the French have raised doubts over the effectiveness of Astraveneca.
Novovax it is then. :mask:
Wow, I completely missed the news about Novovax. 89.3% effective. Brilliant. That's the one I would like to take as well in that case!

Also from the article:
* 50m doses pre-ordered, to be manufactured in Europe. I'd prefer it happened here, given the current EU shenanigans.
* the South African strain; it seems having had the OG covid doesn't protect against it. Bugger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The French leader Macron was basically spreading disinformation regarding the AstraZeneca vaccine. EU squabbling over the past week or so has been poor to say the least.

I agree with the short lockdown but wearing a mask while exercising outdoors (where you are typically on your own) is just ridiculous. And only 1 hr a day, get your hand off it. It only makes sense if you are queuing or in static close proximity to each other.
You nailed it. I live on a beach and its 38 degrees and this insanity make's it almost impossible to use. In about an hour from now, this would be when I grab my fishing rod an walk a couple of K's up the beach by myself to catch a few tailor. What a risk that poses.

You nailed it. I live on a beach and its 38 degrees and this insanity make's it almost impossible to use. In about an hour from now, this would be when I grab my fishing rod an walk a couple of K's up the beach by myself to catch a few tailor. What a risk that poses.
If it helps, the police commissioner said you can exercise within 5km of your house. Sounds like they're pretty lenient as long as you don't take the piss.

If it helps, the police commissioner said you can exercise within 5km of your house. Sounds like they're pretty lenient as long as you don't take the piss.
I reckon that's true but its still $1k to consolidated revenue if some old mate takes exception to people fishing for an hour or two (and it takes half an hour each way to walk there). Also I wore a mask to get my coffee this morning and I dunno about you blokes but I hated it. Could hardly breathe and every-time I did my sunnies steamed up.

I'm bored of lockdown. I don't think I'm very good at this.

I know this was in jest. But in case anyone wondered.

Here is an example of what some of your fellow Australian citizens are experiencing in the UK.

I have had a 14 week and a 2 week lockdown in 2020 and currently in week 4 of my current lockdown that will probably last until Easter. Therefore, I probably have another 8 weeks to go on this one. That will be 28 weeks of lockdown since March last year.

It's boring and frustrating but as long as you can work from home and don't get made redundant it's bearable. I found the first 14 weeks bearable as it was summer and I was working. This one is infinitely harder as it is winter and I have been made redundant.

I last went to the Cinema in February 2020, pub in March 2020 and haven't seen anyone not in my household since December. I've seen my friends about half a dozen times in a year.

Good luck- you can do this.

I know this was in jest. But in case anyone wondered.

Here is an example of what some of your fellow Australian citizens are experiencing in the UK.

I have had a 14 week and a 2 week lockdown in 2020 and currently in week 4 of my current lockdown that will probably last until Easter. Therefore, I probably have another 8 weeks to go on this one. That will be 28 weeks of lockdown since March last year.

It's boring and frustrating but as long as you can work from home and don't get made redundant it's bearable. I found the first 14 weeks bearable as it was summer and I was working. This one is infinitely harder as it is winter and I have been made redundant.

I last went to the Cinema in February 2020, pub in March 2020 and haven't seen anyone not in my household since December. I've seen my friends about half a dozen times in a year.

Good luck- you can do this.
Thanks for the perspective. It makes me appreciative of what we have over here.

The French leader Macron was basically spreading disinformation regarding the AstraZeneca vaccine. EU squabbling over the past week or so has been poor to say the least.

Don't believe what Macron says. He is frustrated as the French Sanofi vaccine has failed in development. He is under extreme pressure within France as they have had to stop vaccinating in parts of France due to a lack of Astra Zeneca vaccine due to production problems in their Belgian and Dutch factories.

The EU have behaved disgustingly over the last week bullying and implementing clause 16 of the withdrawal agreement placing a hard border across Ireland threatening the Good Friday agreement that drives the fragile peace in Ireland. They did this without even consulting the UK of Ireland.

Luckily, they withdrew this the same night but it has demonstrated all of the worst flaws of the EU. To big, too bureaucratic and too dominated by France and Germany.

They are doing this to the UK who have 100k dead and Ireland who haven't began vaccinating. All at the whim of a petulant EU Commission that were spooked by justified negative sentiment regarding their performance in France and Germany.

Ultimately, what they have done is unify Britain, disenfranchise Ireland and prevent their own citizens being vaccinated. I hope we can sort this out as I want our friends in Ireland and Europe to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back