Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe so. Lockdown ends tonight, we are free to move about the Perth/Peel region as we see fit, I think?
We are - but I wasn't sure what region Freo feel into is all :embarrassedv1:

You're free to travel anywhere within the Perth metro area
Thanks Jords, just wasn't sure if it fell into the Peel region so put it out there at a a risk of this

Might be wrong but I suspect it’s not the hotels employing casuals, but the security company with the contract who is trying to maximise profits by subcontracting the cheapest possible labour

Likely so but it's still dumb and a risk factor that is easy to identify and easy to address.

Greed and the mighty $$$ make people do dodgy things......that will never change. But the WA govt should know that.

Might be wrong but I suspect it’s not the hotels employing casuals, but the security company with the contract who is trying to maximise profits by subcontracting the cheapest possible labour
If ol mate is anything to go by they only get a couple of shifts a week, probably so they can't be classified as anything other than casual making them cheaper to employ. Needs to be written into govt contracts that employees are offered full time employment and are restricted as to other work they can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys I come on here to not think about the real world so much.

This post is from the preseason thread where the gubment and covid was being discussed, just wanted to quantify that so I didn't appear like a massive whiny campaigner for complaining in this thread that was made for discussion on that exact topic.

If ol mate is anything to go by they only get a couple of shifts a week, probably so they can't be classified as anything other than casual making them cheaper to employ. Needs to be written into govt contracts that employees are offered full time employment and are restricted as to other work they can do.
Its not cheaper for employers to employ casuals over permanents. Generally it work out about the same.

A talent that enabled a working class hero accumulate an $18m net worth by the time he died. Not bad from a PM annual wage of , what, $250k pa?

So does this mean that Labor politicians are good economic managers after all? :p

Looks like John Howard has Hawk covered at 21.2 million though, so libs still on top in the economic management debate.

So does this mean that Labor politicians are good economic managers after all? :p

Looks like John Howard has Hawk covered at 21.2 million though, so libs still on top in the economic management debate.

Schrodinger's left-wing politician - simultaneously inept with money and hypocritically rich at the same time.

Idiot bosses are only costing themselves with that attitude when a plague of illness spreads around the workplace.
Its a feature of australian management - the inability to see past about 7-14 days

we really have a terrible lack of forethought in australian management - we arent regarded well around the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back