Discussion Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
with more than 37,000 cases confirmed in New York, an increase of more than 7000 over a 24-hour period.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Well apparently you don't have to pay rent to the landlord anymore - well unless of course you aren't Solomon Lew.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
He did the dodgy deal on less coin to screw Adelaide knowing that they'd get less compo than they deserved. He signed a contract with any increases in TPP factored in so that his wage would go up anyway. He's like Luke Ball to me. Burnt his first club at trade time.

But his mum did get a pay increase at Costa group which helped ease the pain at the time

Imagine Ben King, one minute he's rich, next he's stuck at the GC with no money and can't even get on the piss. Or Jack Seven who's stuck down the beach getting paid by his ex employer to go surfing....I want his life.

When all this is over, Plugger is likely to eat Jack Steven because he looks just like Plugger's favourite delicacy.

Don't get me wrong , I'm extremely grateful to still have a job in these uncertain times but.......
So the government is telling me I'm not allowed to sit at home with 4 mates having a few beers after work but I'm still allowed to go to my building site everyday and work with 350 other blokes and then catch the train home.
giphy (10).gif

Seriously this is so half arsed it ain't funny.

Don't get me wrong , I'm extremely grateful to still have a job in these uncertain times but.......
So the government is telling me I'm not allowed to sit at home with 4 mates having a few beers after work but I'm still allowed to go to my building site everyday and work with 350 other blokes and then catch the train home.
View attachment 847517

Public transport is the huge elephant in the room.
1.5 meters?
Lots of strangers in an enclosed space for what can be a long time.

Public transport is the huge elephant in the room.
1.5 meters?
Lots of strangers in an enclosed space for what can be a long time.
Mate on my building site we have hand sanitizer. It usually runs out about 8:30 every morning. Then you've got 100's of blokes all using the same toilets, opening the same door handles, pushing the same button on the speaker for the lift etc etc.
We obviously can't work from home.
In my opinion all sites should be shut.
Its actually the government pushing us to stay open not the unions.
Its mad.

View attachment 847517

You know what Snake.
If you had your mates around, no kissy huggy stuff ( 1.5 meter ) , you aren't spreading it.

Trouble is they make rules because of dickheads.
Then people don't follow the rules so they make them stricter.

Its like when the speed limit is 60, and a couple of flogs keep driving through at 100, so they respond by dropping the limit to 50. The dickhead still speed and everyone else is going too slow.

Where i work i consider it low risk. Nobody uses public transport ( service is too poor ) , low number of people, and we are able to keep a reasonable distance from each other.
I'll be pissed if they enforce a lockdown ( though we will have an extended break over Easter due to low business levels when i will essentially be locked down ).

View attachment 847517
Its been designed for office jockeys by office jockeys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
View attachment 847517

We had exactly the same situation, whereby measures introduced to prevent the spread of the virus were undermined by the business as usual policy in other areas. This only changed earlier this week, when the government took measures to close building sites. My brother works in construction; his site was closed on Tuesday.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nobody on it yesterday.

Melbourne is empty.

PT least of our worries.

I recommence the commute to melb daily in a week mate. How's the traffic on the roads at the moment?

I recommence the commute to melb daily in a week mate. How's the traffic on the roads at the moment?
In the cbd its a ghost town , drive if you can , plenty of parks and the grey ghosts are not booking people

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
In the cbd its a ghost town , drive if you can , plenty of parks and the grey ghosts are not booking people

Got a car park at the office. It's just coming in from the west i was thinking about. The westgate can be hellish

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
186 new cases yesterday, 190 the day before and 212 the day before that.

This gives me a bit of hope, these are NSW figures, it seems it’s not spreading quite as quickly as predicted. I realize you can only count who you actually test, but if this trend continues downwards we will be in a great position in a months time.

Johnnyrayflamingo

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
World has 540k CV "confirmed" cases. * me.

Only a 3-4 weeks ago people were saying why is everyone panicking. It's just a cold!

This gives me a bit of hope, these are NSW figures, it seems it’s not spreading quite as quickly as predicted. I realize you can only count who you actually test, but if this trend continues downwards we will be in a great position in a months time.
Not what the experts are saying , they are saying its going to spike in the next 2-3 weeks

Johnnyrayflamingo

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda

For Australia specifically, it's not so much the virus that scares me...its the fallout. Its more about the bad effects on debt, crime, super, retirement, housing, employment, businesses, mental illness, domestic violence, youth, etc.

Every Aussie government that has always invested in and looked after our health care system will save us in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back