Cory Bernardi

Remove this Banner Ad

Cushy non-parliament government job coming for Bernardi.

Seeds this happens when people vote the wrong way for pathetic reasons.
Bernadi leaving parliament because he wasnt popular is a good thing isnt it? First abbott, now Bernadi. Lets hope 3 ghosts in the night come to Dutton in his sleep and he quits too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks like legitimately another kenneally type who would only get a run through the senate.

Except Kennealy has been a state premier. Downer was an IPA “fellow” who couldn’t string a sentence together.

Except Kennealy has been a state premier. Downer was an IPA “fellow” who couldn’t string a sentence together.
Just because she was premier (not elected one by public as well at an election) doesn't change the fact that like Downer she is dsiliked by electors nor does it diminish the point I had made.

Zali Steggall will be one and done.
Depends on who the libs put up against her

If they put a hard right nutter like blabbot then no - they actually give a s**t about mmcc as voted clearly in favour of ssm and i dont see them electing a lib if they feel they wont be represented with more gusto than the candidate represents right wing christians and fossil fuel companies.

Just because she was premier (not elected one by public as well at an election) doesn't change the fact that like Downer she is dsiliked by electors nor does it diminish the point I had made.

Yes, it does.

Depends on who the libs put up against her

If they put a hard right nutter like blabbot then no - they actually give a s**t about mmcc as voted clearly in favour of ssm and i dont see them electing a lib if they feel they wont be represented with more gusto than the candidate represents right wing christians and fossil fuel companies.
No they don’t. They decided that it was time for Abbott to go. Zali won’t be elected again in 2022.

No they don’t. They decided that it was time for Abbott to go. Zali won’t be elected again in 2022.
Well we shall see - my folks blue ribbon libs seat was taken by an independent 30 odd years ago who was deselected (from memory) by libs and continued as an indy for a good coupla elections.

If she makes a good fist of it and leverages her vote to ensure good outcomes an independent can often do more for a district than say melissa price (in my electorate) who gets voted in year after year and does zero for the electorate.

Well we shall see - my folks blue ribbon libs seat was taken by an independent 30 odd years ago who was deselected (from memory) by libs and continued as an indy for a good coupla elections.

If she makes a good fist of it and leverages her vote to ensure good outcomes an independent can often do more for a district than say melissa price (in my electorate) who gets voted in year after year and does zero for the electorate.
The libs are extremely unlikely to give her anything whatever for "her" electorate, which they regard just as on loan.

Yes, but she's not just borrowing one of their seats.
If they did collude to just get rid of abbott and shes a one term wonder - kudos to them - abbott was an electoral liability.

Theres been a shedload of indies stay there for 20 year or more once in though - watch this space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back