Cotchin would accept 2012 Brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

What??? Essendon were 10-3 and equal 2nd. They should have been 13-0 as their 3 losses were by 1, 4 and 6 points. They were amazing at the start of 2012 but went from one of the best to one of the worst teams in the comp.

They missed finals after being 10-3 - 2nd time that has ever happened - the 1st was when he had a top 4.

If the Peds didn't help them to 10-3 then what did?
dunno teams go through phases. last year collingwood started 8-3 and only won 2 more games the rest of the season. richmond started 3-10 and made the finals in 2014.

in that 10-3 run essendon played 5 finalists of that year going 3-2. one win was against 8th finishing north by 2 points. one win was vs ross lyons freo who hadn't quite clicked yet. that's about where they were at. a middle of the pack team who were good on their day. their other win was vs west coast by 10 goals was impressive but that's the only result that would make you say they were anything more than a decent side.

What if he wins his appeal? Strip Cotchin and Mitchell of the medal and hand 1 back to Watson?
Shouldn't be passed on while appeals are pending no, but if you appeal a murder conviction you don't get to stay out of prison until it has been completed, don't understand why a convicted drug cheat would still retain the medal

dunno teams go through phases. last year collingwood started 8-3 and only won 2 more games the rest of the season. richmond started 3-10 and made the finals in 2014.

in that 10-3 run essendon played 5 finalists of that year going 3-2. one win was against 8th finishing north by 2 points. one win was vs ross lyons freo who hadn't quite clicked yet. that's about where they were at. a middle of the pack team who were good on their day. their other win was vs west coast by 10 goals was impressive but that's the only result that would make you say they were anything more than a decent side.

You sir are making some sense of the situation instead of your typical "Wahhhhhhh they're drug cheats" etc,etc.

Greatest fall in the history of the game 10-3 to 11th has never happened before.

After 10-3 they won 1 more game for the year. Teams can have swings but gee it's a massive coincidence that the year they have been found guilty of doping is the same year they had such a massive fall. If you remember their soft tissue injuries went through the roof.

Shouldn't be passed on while appeals are pending no, but if you appeal a murder conviction you don't get to stay out of prison until it has been completed, don't understand why a convicted drug cheat would still retain the medal
I have no issue with him holding onto it while the appeal is on. Especially as he believes he is innocent. I don't think he can keep it if the appeal fails. Watson keeping has zero affect on anyone else.

Not sure we are at the level of someone appealing a murder!!!

They were fricken unbelievable against Richmond. We stomped on Hawthorn and Sydney either side of the Essendon defeat. Can recall being despondent at half time because Richmond had given 100% and weren't even in the ball park. I posted at the time that Essendon was premiership material because the entire 22 were playing out of their skins.

I have no issue with him holding onto it while the appeal is on. Especially as he believes he is innocent. I don't think he can keep it if the appeal fails. Watson keeping has zero affect on anyone else.

Not sure we are at the level of someone appealing a murder!!!

It's only an appeal against the process. Like saying OK, I've been tried and found guilty of murder, but you didn't have a search warrant.

The appeal won't change the CAS findings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what do we do about the Coleman medal?
I agree. The impact of Essendon's Drug Regimen undermines the very value of the year. (Something I wish I day I didn't have to say as the Swans won the flag!) Since Day 1, the AFL has been on damage control and has confused and controlled comment of this issue without acknowledging this true events.

What if he wins his appeal? Strip Cotchin and Mitchell of the medal and hand 1 back to Watson?
The appeal is based on a technicality, not the verdict itself.

Ergo, even if he wins his appeal, he has still been found guilty of taking a performance enhancing drug.

#giveitbackjobeyou*******

Mitchell has already gone on record that he's not interested in it.

Nope, he hasn't said that at all:

“I haven’t really given it too much thought,” Mitchell told Triple M.

“It’s a pretty awkward situation really, and you’ve just got to let Essendon do what they have to do with their players.

“The AFLPA throw their support behind the players and I guess we have to indirectly do the same.

“It’s about Essendon going through whatever they do before it really has anything to do with myself or Trent.”

He's just said he's going to wait. Which is fair enough really.

Nope, he hasn't said that at all:

“I haven’t really given it too much thought,” Mitchell told Triple M.

“It’s a pretty awkward situation really, and you’ve just got to let Essendon do what they have to do with their players.

“The AFLPA throw their support behind the players and I guess we have to indirectly do the same.

“It’s about Essendon going through whatever they do before it really has anything to do with myself or Trent.”

He's just said he's going to wait. Which is fair enough really.
He made a statement last year or the year before. I can't remember when. But said he wasn't interested. It doesn't sound like his position has changed tbh.
The recent statement seems a little tired to me. In that he is over discussing it and anything to do with the Dons. Interesting is the line "I guess we have to indirectly do the same"
Sounds as if there isn't a lot of sympathy coming from him. Which is fair. But interesting at the same time.

Greatest fall in the history of the game 10-3 to 11th has never happened before.

After 10-3 they won 1 more game for the year. Teams can have swings but gee it's a massive coincidence that the year they have been found guilty of doping is the same year they had such a massive fall. If you remember their soft tissue injuries went through the roof.

if the PEDs caused that then they're hardly performance enhancing...

not that it matters really, but i my point was that maybe watson the best player in 2012 drugs or not...

I agree. The impact of Essendon's Drug Regimen undermines the very value of the year. (Something I wish I day I didn't have to say as the Swans won the flag!) Since Day 1, the AFL has been on damage control and has confused and controlled comment of this issue without acknowledging this true events.
I'd say it enhances Sydney's achievement beating a doping side en route to flag.

if the PEDs caused that then they're hardly performance enhancing...

not that it matters really, but i my point was that maybe watson the best player in 2012 drugs or not...

He lost a heap of puppy fat going into 2012, and was quoted as saying that it was an "eye opener" how much his body had changed in just 2 weeks of Danky's program. Then he absolutely dominates the season, playing at a level that he hadn't produced before. Then when the club started being investigated the puppy fat came back and he was unable to reproduce his stunning form.

And it's all just a big coincidence.

He lost a heap of puppy fat going into 2012, and was quoted as saying that it was an "eye opener" how much his body had changed in just 2 weeks of Danky's program. Then he absolutely dominates the season, playing at a level that he hadn't produced before. Then when the club started being investigated the puppy fat came back and he was unable to reproduce his stunning form.

And it's all just a big coincidence.
The whole thing is just a series of coincidences, Dank, Charter and Hird by the Gold Coast Poll. Charter being Hird's old "nutrition" expert. Hird asking about a non detectable steroid cream. Raw TB-4 being ordered, compounded and invoiced, etc etc. Simply coincidence. :rolleyes:

No way would you accept it. I reckon most players would decline and say something like "i still didnt poll the most votes".

I feel sorry for cotchin that he feels so low about him self that he would have to accept a charity award

Remove this Banner Ad

Back