Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

He has a great football brain does Akermanis he may have been a tool on the field but he backed it up and his analysis is very good also, he will not be at Collingwood but does not detract from his football nous.

My main take on mcrae (fly) is he talks about about all his coaching experiences positively.

Also will speak to every player on the list

He does..................it's also really nice to hear someone who is super excited to be at Collingwood rather than some coaching legend who has been convinced to come based on $$. I can't imagine Clarko ,Lyon or even Pyke etc....being so invested.
Good times hopefully

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I’m pumped” his opening line on SEN.

Great to have someone sounding so positive. He’d going to take the bull by the horns and run with it. We all expect the next couple of years to be slow. But once we get back into the draft and rebuild this team we are going somewhere people. Watch out 2024/2025. This rebuild is going to be exciting!

“I’m pumped” his opening line on SEN.

Great to have someone sounding so positive. He’d going to take the bull by the horns and run with it. We all expect the next couple of years to be slow. But once we get back into the draft and rebuild this team we are going somewhere people. Watch out 2024/2025. This rebuild is going to be exciting!
Let's hope everyone remembers this when they look at a potentially damning win/loss record over the first few years. Progress will be slow but it will be more to do with list management these last few years rather than a new coaches early record.

This is the most excited I’ve felt heading into an off season and contemplating the possibilities of next year in over a decade.

It’s a great feeling to believe that we’re finally on the right track about where the club is heading.

Last edited:
What I'd say to that is at least our Board seems accepting of the fact we're in a rebuild and have made comments suggesting that.

For all Brad Scott's faults, he was vindicated in the sense that he identified the need for a rebuild and the Board shut him down on permission to embark on one. By the time they realised it was inevitable Rhyce Shaw had been hung out to dry.

David Noble is now being given the support Shaw should have been given from the start.
Agree with all that, I also mean from a messaging perspective in press conferences. Rhyce a few times clearly showed he had no answers so I'd hope senior people also step in, advise him and also take the heat off him mid week.

I'm hoping this isn't the case but if we start 0-5 or worse, I hope its not just him getting torched in front of the media each week. I'd hope Leppitsch or even Wright will sometimes stand in.

I understand that POV but I didn't get the FIGJAM vibe in the presser. What I got was - I'm going to do the best I can, I'm confident in my ability and I'm going to give this a helluva shake. He set the tone of the relationship with the media. They won't have an easy kill here and he let them know.

I didn't get FIGJAM vibes at all either, just someone who's confident in their ability.

Damn. Surely he doesn't stay on in any capacity.

I hope Wright was just being polite in the presser, but in reality they don't see any future for him at the club.

Depends if he's contracted for next year or not. But i want Sanderson out of our club as soon as possible.

I have a sense of excitement coming into the off season that I haven't felt since 2009. It feels good.. I love the way our man handled himself. All we need now is a return to big crowds and it's heaven on a stick. Rebuilds are tough but very exciting. You see small signs we are on the right path and then the day comes when your daydreams are realised and we know the holy grail is no longer a pipedream.

I haven't felt that way since around then as well.

I actually liked the press conference, i didn't mind Korda. I understand Ed's excitement and passion for CFC, but it came kinda tiresome near the end of his term, it kinda felt like he tried to make it about him. Where this presser felt like it was all about Fly and so it should, he spoke well, looks like he's got a fantastic resume, interpersonal skills, doesn't seem to take sh!t from the media, seems like the perfect coach to grow with the players and other coaches. Just need to get the right assistants around him. Well to CFC Fly.