Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of Australia batting in sunshine this English summer?
Well England are batting in sunshine, and they're not doing it very well - game back on. If we can knock over Stokes before lunch, it'll send a rather large tremor through the England dressing room.

Edit: ask and you shall receive - England now 4 for 34.

So that's 14 wickets for 97 since the Warner-Labauschagne partnership :openmouth:
Some poor batting rather than brilliant bowling today. Root got a beauty from Hazelwood and Bairstow a good one from Hazelwood but the other wickets the batsmen got themselves out more than the bowlers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't be too smug but seeing the poms in dire straits makes me smile.

Cricket has worked out how to use the DRS near perfection. The an
Tales of J Archer and the periscope

View attachment 732521
I've read that Dougie Walters in SAF against Mike Proctor and Peter Pollock and then against the poms 12 months later, against John Snow in 1970-71 got out several times with the bad habit of leaving the periscope up and getting out.

Supposedly it changed the way Aussies were taught how to duck bouncers after that.

Saw Ricky Ponting get out that way against the Windies in the Caribbean about 8 years ago.

Can't be too smug but seeing the poms in dire straits makes me smile.
Before you get too smug, remember when we bowled South Africa out for 96, and within no time, we were 9 for 21?

Before you get too smug, remember when we bowled South Africa out for 96, and within no time, we were 9 for 21?
Was that Pat Cummins debut game in SAF?

Ok I knew Archer had taken his wicket this test but forgot about the 2nd innings last test. Broad has bowled beautifully to Warner, angling the ball in from around the wicket, some times swinging it away and beating the bat, other times bowling straight and finding the gap to get him LBW or bowled. But he has also kept things really tight and Warner hasn't been able to attack the bowling like he usually does and get off to a fast start.

So Broad has got Warner LBW, Caught by the keeper, Bowled, LBW.

Archer got him caught at 3rd slip and by the keeper.

First test
DA Warner lbw b Broad 2 - 14 balls
DA Warner c †Bairstow b Broad 8 - 8 balls

Second Test
DA Warner b Broad 3 - 17 balls
DA Warner c Burns b Archer 5 - 11 balls

Third Test
DA Warner c †Bairstow b Archer 61 - 94 balls
DA Warner lbw b Broad 0 2 - balls

Thats 79 runs from 146 balls. Take out his 61 and its 18 runs from 52 balls. A very un-Warner run rate.

Ok I knew Archer had taken his wicket this test but forgot about the 2nd innings last test. Broad has bowled beautifully to Warner, angling the ball in from around the wicket, some times swinging it away and beating the bat, other times bowling straight and finding the gap to get him LBW or bowled. But he has also kept things really tight and Warner hasn't been able to attack the bowling like he usually does and get off to a fast start.

So Broad has got Warner LBW, Caught by the keeper, Bowled, LBW.

Archer got him caught at 3rd slip and by the keeper.

First test
DA Warner lbw b Broad 2 - 14 balls
DA Warner c †Bairstow b Broad 8 - 8 balls

Second Test
DA Warner b Broad 3 - 17 balls
DA Warner c Burns b Archer 5 - 11 balls

Third Test
DA Warner c †Bairstow b Archer 61 - 94 balls
DA Warner lbw b Broad 0 2 - balls

Thats 79 runs from 146 balls. Take out his 61 and its 18 runs from 52 balls. A very un-Warner run rate.

Thats because he shouldnt be there... has done nothing in 5 innings, and has done nothing to actually earn a test call up. Should be dropped!

Thats because he shouldnt be there... has done nothing in 5 innings, and has done nothing to actually earn a test call up. Should be dropped!
They won't drop him after making 61. The alternative is to bring Bancroft back, and he hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back