Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

At least Wade seems to be settling in. 2 centuries in 5 tests isn't an awful return, even if it could have been a lot better.

Between him, Marnus and Smith we may just survive the next year or two.

It's our opening spots that we desperately need someone to step up and make their own.

Our middle order is ok for the future, but were not going to be successful long term if we are always 2/30

We've somehow got to get Pucovski into the team this summer and I think Head is a long term player. Of course, if we want to play an all rounder, that means Mitch Marsh plays and the squeeze for middle order spots gets tighter.

It's our opening spots that we desperately need someone to step up and make their own.

Our middle order is ok for the future, but were not going to be successful long term if we are always 2/30

We've somehow got to get Pucovski into the team this summer and I think Head is a long term player. Of course, if we want to play an all rounder, that means Mitch Marsh plays and the squeeze for middle order spots gets tighter.

Khawaja has only ever been successful as an opener. He'd be my next pick. I also feel Harris is a long term lock for that spot, despite his awful Ashes series. It's hard to come into a failing lineup in one of the toughest batting countries on earth and succeed, which is why Marnus' efforts were so impressive.

interesting times ahead for khawaja. Warners odi form is not the problem so is easily picked to open but then you have finch and uzzy vying for the opener spot. uzzy is fine opening but when he moves to 3rd hes shocking.

i intend on playing but have been either busy or very slack this pre season. grounds are unavailbe this week anyways so games will start next week instead but will make myself only available if theyre desperate first week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wondering if anyone here still plays a bit of cricket themselves?

Starting this Saturday.

Been training for 9 weeks. Trained last night, tonight and again on Thursday. My body is already feeling the pinch despite losing 10kgs. I'm single handedly keeping Deep Heat in business.

Starting this Saturday.

Been training for 9 weeks. Trained last night, tonight and again on Thursday. My body is already feeling the pinch despite losing 10kgs. I'm single handedly keeping Deep Heat in business.
Good work. It gives you a purpose during the week.

I’ve been playing suburban cricket for a few years. Used to be a bowler, but lost all confidence when bowling against people, don’t know why. Now I am a half-decent opening batter.

Well I've a 20/20 praccy match on Saturday, so for pre season training I walked passed my cricket bag! That should do it and I'll be seeing 'em like....

View attachment 756726

:rolleyes:- well dickhead a two ball duck would suggest they were bowling marbles. In fairness held out to the only guy in the deep, s**t bowler and my eyes lit up. Maybe B.Scott was wrong and you should practice?

hate *en cricket!

:rolleyes:- well dickhead a two ball duck would suggest they were bowling marbles. In fairness held out to the only guy in the deep, s**t bowler and my eyes lit up. Maybe B.Scott was wrong and you should practice?

hate fu**en cricket!

I haven't had a joyful day with the bat for ten years.

Only time I ever perform is when the side gets rolled, and then when we do alright I do exactly what you did today - hole out to the only prick in the deep.

hate fu**en cricket!

Well we had a win 1st game.

I bowled ok, until this slapper came and hit me for 3 fours in one over then 2 sixes the 1st two balls of the next before I got the prick out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back