CrickSim/Story - 2005 20/20 Club Championship - Simulation + story league

Remove this Banner Ad

Sign-ups open!

You can sign-up and manage any team you want in a simulated cricket league that explores how the 2020 T20 World Cup in Australia could've gone down had the pandemic not struck. All teams except the Windies are available.

I'm a little hesitant in going with the official World Cup format since I'm not really a big fan, so once I have all the teams taken, I'll throw up a poll and let managers decide if we should go with the official format or the 4-team 4-group format with QFs, SFs and TF.

We did try to do a similar thing to this during COVID lockdown in this thread:

I remember big_e Torz iluvparis were all in it. They might be interested again.

I remember @big_e @Torz @iluvparis were all in it. They might be interested again.
Cheers boys, but there seems to be a lack in interest in a CrickSim league in general. I am still keen on doing this league, but with teams like Australia, England, Pakistan, New Zealand and South Africa being vacant, it is highly unlikely that I would go ahead with the WT20 format.

If the people who've shown interest in this agree to a different tournament, featuring only the teams they've picked then we can do a random tournament with only those teams. As things stand, this is how it would look like.

🇧🇩 Bangladesh: corbies
🇮🇳 India: akkaps
☘ Ireland: eth-dog
🇳🇿 New Zealand: The Half Back
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland: big_e
🏝 West Indies: DeIulio2Pearce

Will open it up for a day or two as well to see if I can get any last minute applications. Is everyone okay with this?

Feel free to switch teams you're managing (since India's here) or dropout (since this isn't WT20). That's totally understandable.

In hindsight, I would've been better off starting a Champions League style tournament between clubs that would've begun in 2005, that I've been planning for a while since it only needed 6 signups, one more than what I actually got. :p

EDIT: Just FYI, those six teams would've been 🇿🇦 Diamond Eagles, 🇿🇦 Titans, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Surrey, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Leicestershire, 🇵🇰 Faisalabad and 🇱🇰 Chilaw.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back