Womens Premier League 2024 (Feb 23- March 17)

Who wins WPL 2024?

• UP Warriorz

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Delhi Capitals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mumbai Indians

• Gujarat Giants

• Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Penultimate game of the regular season:

Mumbai Indians Women (Playing XI): Hayley Matthews, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Priyanka Bala(w), Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Amelia Kerr, Amanjot Kaur, S Sajana, Pooja Vastrakar, Humaira Kazi, Shabnim Ismail, Saika Ishaque

Royal Challengers Bangalore Women (Playing XI): Smriti Mandhana(c), Sophie Molineux, Ellyse Perry, Sophie Devine, Richa Ghosh(w), Georgia Wareham, Disha Kasat, Shreyanka Patil, Asha Sobhana, Shraddha Pokharkar, Renuka Thakur Singh

Royal Challengers Bangalore Women have won the toss and have opted to field

An RCB win pretty much confirms their spot in the Finals unless Gujarat do something out of this world in the final game.

Dare I say it Perry is the most popular womens international cricketer in India by a fair margin. Its the : looks, talent, and she almost has a celebrity status.

Crowds are chanting "Perry, Perry, Perry" in the roar of a Kohli or a Dhoni.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dare I say it Perry is the most popular womens international cricketer in India by a fair margin. Its the : looks, talent, and she almost has a celebrity status.

Crowds are chanting "Perry, Perry, Perry" in the roar of a Kohli or a Dhoni.
She is the GOAT of her generation.

Lanning and Alyssa Healy are great players in there own right & superb leaders.

But Perry has them covered she delivered in all 3 formats and with Bat & Ball.

She also started playing for Australia at 16 years of age back in 2007 & still going strong 17 years later.

She is the GOAT of her generation.

Lanning and Alyssa Healy are great players in there own right & superb leaders.

But Perry has them covered she delivered in all 3 formats and with Bat & Ball.

She also started playing for Australia at 16 years of age back in 2007 & still going strong 17 years later.
I met her this summer, she is an incredibly humble person too.

Dare I say it, she might go down as one of Australias greatest sportsman say over the last 100 years (she would be pretty clear top 10 i would think)

Also i know Perry hasnt bowled alot internationally and domestically but the way she was bowling last night, I think with playoffs on the line now, RCB have to bowl her out , given how well she bowled last night.

And I know this might be an understated thing to say but Perry is one of the more smarter cricketers going around. When she bats, you feel like she plays to the game situation. Other players might get rattled or feel the pressure to do something but Pery has that fine balance between knowing when to accelerate or just chipping around and rotating strike.

I know that some can get their knickers in a knot when there's a comparison or inclusion of women's & men's sporting stats in the same category, then you read this & realise just how special last night's feat really is, and that some achievements can cross the the sexes

It was just a couple of years ago that Perry was in the Commonwealth Games squad but left out of the final 11 throughout the tournament, and it's become a telling moment in her career - would have been easy for her to become lost to the international T20 game, instead she's reassessed her T20 game and almost seems to have a better understanding of her game then earlier in her career

Last game of the regular season:

Gujarat Giants (Playing XI): Laura Wolvaardt, Beth Mooney(w/c), Dayalan Hemalatha, Phoebe Litchfield, Ashleigh Gardner, Bharati Fulmali, Kathryn Bryce, Tanuja Kanwar, Shabnam Md Shakil, Meghna Singh, Mannat Kashyap

Delhi Capitals Women (Playing XI): Meg Lanning(c), Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Alice Capsey, Marizanne Kapp, Jess Jonassen, Radha Yadav, Arundhati Reddy, Taniya Bhatia(w), Shikha Pandey, Minnu Mani

Gujarat Giants have won the toss and have opted to bat

Back