2nd T20 New Zealand v Australia Feb 23 1640hrs @ Eden Park

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

New Zealand from, Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Tim Seifert, Rachin Ravindra, Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Josh Clarkson, Mitchell Santner (c), Matt Henry, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Tim Southee, Adam Milne, Trent Boult
Australia from, Mitchell Marsh (c), Pat Cummins, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Spencer Johnson, Glenn Maxwell, Matt Short, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

So who are you going to drop or rest might be the correct word.Head or surely not Warner.
Could well be Warner - if Smith is coming in to open the batting, then maybe they'll want to see how that balance is without Warner at the top

Could well be Warner - if Smith is coming in to open the batting, then maybe they'll want to see how that balance is without Warner at the top
Can't see Smith playing this game.
Maybe the next one.

Harsh on someone like Short who they bat at 7 and then pretty much sacrifice an opener to give Smith another crack.

Can't see Smith playing this game.
Maybe the next one.

Harsh on someone like Short who they bat at 7 and then pretty much sacrifice an opener to give Smith another crack.
Never realised Short played last night but sadly it looks like In Smith Wade Out Short and Inglis.BUT a bit tough on Short if this happens.

Never realised Short played last night but sadly it looks like In Smith Wade Out Short and Inglis.BUT a bit tough on Short if this happens.
If they bring Smith in, it should be in Inglis's spot at 4.
At least it's a like for like.

Smith won't open in the WC so why bat him there now?

Just like they did with Green, they're messing up the order/ balance just to accommodate Smith.

Eden Park is a ridiculous place to host international cricket, could be some mammoth scores here.

I tipped NZ last match but they kept bowling wides, think we win again, pretty good side we're putting out.

Eden Park is a ridiculous place to host international cricket, could be some mammoth scores here.

I tipped NZ last match but they kept bowling wides, think we win again, pretty good side we're putting out.
From what I read, it's ground dimensions are now smaller than the current minimum standard required to host international matches...However, because the first match played there pre-dates this current requirement, it can still be an active international ground.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I read, it's ground dimensions are now smaller than the current minimum standard required to host international matches...However, because the first match played there pre-dates this current requirement, it can still be an active international ground.

Yeah it's not a great look when most shots that are middled clear the boundary easily, just becomes like stick cricket. Can't believe they played WC matches there in 2015!

Yeah it's not a great look when most shots that are middled clear the boundary easily, just becomes like stick cricket. Can't believe they played WC matches there in 2015!

Eden Park and Sky Stadium are the only 2 cricket venues in New Zealand that can hold more than 10000 spectators so I can understand why they hold games at those grounds. I have no interest in this game and the game on Sunday as they could be slogathons that cease being entertaining quickly.

I think Short was always going to miss out.
Last in first out these days.

Inglis must be running out of chances.

They should've opened with Short and not played Smith IMO.

I'm not sure why they keep pretending that Smith is a chance to open in the WC...It's pretty clear he wont be.

Still rough on Short, considering he didn't get a bat or bowl in the last game...I think Inglis, Stoinis & Short are battling it out for the final spot in the top 7 at this stage.

Back