1st T20 New Zealand v Australia Feb 21 1640hrs @ the Basin Reserve

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It took you until the last ball to beat us with a misfield from Phillips, you got a lucky win tonight and there are still two more games to go.

I wouldn't be getting too cocky just yet.
Misfield? It was hit like a tracer bullet straight into the gap, lesser fielders would have got nowhere near it.

It took you until the last ball to beat us with a misfield from Phillips, you got a lucky win tonight and there are still two more games to go.

Our least important format and your cup final no less.

So by this reckoning, we were lucky to win on the last ball, is there a specific number of balls left that you feel makes it a legitimate win. Given that NZ had the game in hand with two overs to go would suggest that Aus. was able to take advantage of s**t bowling a fielding. No luck there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares, as Tay Tay would say, haters gunna hate.

They hate Australia because we are the dominant cricketing nation and have been since 1877.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We're listening to a 34 year old woman still trying to be 14, writing four chord songs that could have been written at a teenage band camp, but such wisdom, haters gunna hate.

I think the point made was that the haters they referred to were born in Australia. They shouldn't hate that Australia have dominated since 1877.

I've found NZ sports fans in general are very floggy when it comes to their national teams. Had the misfortune of being at a bar for dinner with my wife in Dunedin once when All Blacks were playing Wallabies, being from a non rugby state I had no idea they were playing (my bad) or could name a single player, said as much to a few of them who picked up on accent but they kept carrying on to us while we tried to eat dinner. Even the bar guy was a flog about it. Although think they secretly hate the fact basically no one in Australia gives a * about union.
I once started a plenary guest lecture on supramolecular architecture at the university of Wellington (just after Australia had beaten New Zealand and won the Bledisloe cup) with "Hi, my name is David, and I am from Australia... the home of the Bledisloe cup"

It didn't go over with the humour intended and these salty idiotic cry baby professors of chemistry told me to "f**k off back to the sh!thole I came from."

I loved every minute of it.

We're listening to a 34 year old woman still trying to be 14, writing four chord songs that could have been written at a teenage band camp, but such wisdom, haters gunna hate.

I think the point made was that the haters they referred to were born in Australia. They shouldn't hate that Australia have dominated since 1877.
Yup 446192929.jpg

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I once started a plenary guest lecture on supramolecular architecture at the university of Wellington (just after Australia had beaten New Zealand and won the Bledisloe cup) with "Hi, my name is David, and I am from Australia... the home of the Bledisloe cup"

It didn't go over with the humour intended and these salty idiotic cry baby professors of chemistry told me to "f**k off back to the sh!thole I came from."

I loved every minute of it.

That was a long time ago, the last time Australia won the Bledisloe Cup was back in 2001, we last won the Chappell Hadlee Trophy in 2017.

Both countries play for the Bledisloe Cup every year too unlike the Chappell Hadlee Trophy.

What this game showed tonight is Tim Southee will get pounded by the better teams in T20 cricket.

He went for 52/0 off his 4.0 overs and no doubt a Michael Bracewell, Doug Bracewell, Trent Boult or even that new young up and coming dual sport McKenzie are better options than Southee who really isnt a death bowler at all.

What this game showed tonight is Tim Southee will get pounded by the better teams in T20 cricket.

He went for 52/0 off his 4.0 overs and no doubt a Michael Bracewell, Doug Bracewell, Trent Boult or even that new young up and coming dual sport McKenzie are better options than Southee who really isnt a death bowler at all.

A lot of Black Caps supporters have been saying the same thing that Southee isn't a good death bowler but we keep using him in that role.

Apparently Boult will be back for the next couple of T20 games who is a much better death bowler than Southee.

If he was bowling the last over tonight we probably would have won that game.

The Kiwi's will be spewing losing that ro Aust at the death. It may fire them up or it may make them roll over for the remaining T20 matches.

True Boult may of been a better option last night then Southee, but besides Ferguson, all the Kiwi bowlers got some tap.....I reckon Short could of been a better option then Maxi, especially after Maxi got smashed in his first over......ifs and buts for both sides I guess.....

I was there last night, some of the crowd kept using the same insults over and over again. "Wheres the sandpaper warner!?" "Warner the w***er!" "David, what's your first name!" "David, who are ya!" The collective groan at the end was wonderful. That's a win i'll remember forever.

Back